PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hear this?

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2002, 06:48 PM
Tim Kirkjian was on PTI today. He was asked if he thought there would be a strike, and he said no. Went on to say the following: "I've been told by one player that if they do strike, they'll be back by September 11th."

That makes no sense at all to me.

Daver
08-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Tim Kirkjian was on PTI today. He was asked if he thought there would be a strike, and he said no. Went on to say the following: "I've been told by one player that if they do strike, they'll be back by September 11th."

He is playing the corporate game,he gets paid for his free lance work that he does for MLB.com.

There will be a striker unless the owners cave in by 8-29.

Chisox_cali
08-20-2002, 06:52 PM

Than they'll go right back on September 12th :D:

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by daver
He is playing the corporate game,he gets paid for his free lance work that he does for MLB.com.

There will be a strike unless the owners cave in by 8-29.

Didn't know that.

I'm about 95% sure they'll strike. Just his logic made no sense at all about the 9/11 thing.

GASHWOUND
08-20-2002, 09:44 PM

Didn't know that.

I'm about 95% sure they'll strike. Just his logic made no sense at all about the 9/11 thing.

I saw that piece, I found it funny if they do strike the'll be back playing bt Sept 11.LOL! Wilbon or whoever pointed out ridicules that sounded.
I'm still 60% they'll strike..40% no..
But i'm certain that post-seson play will happen even if they do srtike..But it would be funny if they strike the entire year and the twinkie would get screwed like the Sox in '94.. All that hard work to be wiped out, but that aint gonna happen

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Than they'll go right back on September 12th :D:

What year?

:D: