PDA

View Full Version : 6/3 Sox vs. Rangers in Arlington

mccoydp
05-31-2015, 11:42 PM
I'm having surgery in Fort Worth next week, so I snagged lower box tickets for Sale's start vs. the Rangers on Wednesday night. I've never been to that stadium before, so I am pretty excited. How's the stadium? Is it a good place to watch a game? Are there any good baseball-friendly bars in/around the area? Any advice would be great. If any of you are going to the game, I will be in section 24, row 31, with my 1990 Robin Ventura jersey on. Stop by and say hi :cool:.

XplodingScorbord
06-01-2015, 09:53 AM
I went to a couple of games there maybe five years ago. Here's what I remember:

--Stadium is huge.

--They had a good museum behind center field with cool historic stuff about the franchise.

--IIRC all of the food stands and whatnot require exit from view of the action, in other words not a concourse like at the Cell where you can still stay a little connected to the action on the field.

--I don't think there are bars in immediate proximity to the stadium (like on the North Side), but rather maybe a mile away you should be able to find a sports bar or several. Lots of hotels a mile away, too.

--The only other thing I remember is that they had some hot ballgirls down the lines, and they would do warmup tosses with the outfielders between innings. Some of those girls had GUNS!

Hope you have fun and get to see the Sox win!

Chez
06-01-2015, 10:27 AM
I'm having surgery in Fort Worth next week, so I snagged lower box tickets for Sale's start vs. the Rangers on Wednesday night. I've never been to that stadium before, so I am pretty excited. How's the stadium? Is it a good place to watch a game? Are there any good baseball-friendly bars in/around the area? Any advice would be great. If any of you are going to the game, I will be in section 24, row 31, with my 1990 Robin Ventura jersey on. Stop by and say hi :cool:.

You are sure to receive plenty of comments on the Ryan v. Ventura incident. If Nolan is at the game, get him in a headlock and hit him with some rabbit punches!

Foulke You
06-01-2015, 11:32 AM
It's a shame the Rangers are catching fire heading into this series but the Sox do catch a break. Adrian Beltre hurt himself yesterday and is out for 2 weeks with a sprained thumb. This is a big bat and a tremendous defensive 3B that won't be in the lineup:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rangers-3b-adrian-beltre-jams-thumb-sliding-2nd-210906175--mlb.html;_ylt=AwrBT8AkiGxV0GwA2X9XNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMT ExZzQ0YmY1BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVUlDMV8xBHNl YwNzYw--

Also, Sox are running Samardzija, Sale, and Rodon out there in this series. Here is hoping that good pitching beats good hitting. It would be nice to grab 2 of 3 and finish up the road trip strong.

mccoydp
06-01-2015, 02:47 PM
You are sure to receive plenty of comments on the Ryan v. Ventura incident. If Nolan is at the game, get him in a headlock and hit him with some rabbit punches!

Gosh, I can't believe I forgot about that. I'll take my verbal thrashing like a man, I guess :D:.

mccoydp
06-01-2015, 06:11 PM
I went to a couple of games there maybe five years ago. Here's what I remember:

--Stadium is huge.

--They had a good museum behind center field with cool historic stuff about the franchise.

--IIRC all of the food stands and whatnot require exit from view of the action, in other words not a concourse like at the Cell where you can still stay a little connected to the action on the field.

--I don't think there are bars in immediate proximity to the stadium (like on the North Side), but rather maybe a mile away you should be able to find a sports bar or several. Lots of hotels a mile away, too.

--The only other thing I remember is that they had some hot ballgirls down the lines, and they would do warmup tosses with the outfielders between innings. Some of those girls had GUNS!

Hope you have fun and get to see the Sox win!

Thanks so much for all of the info! I'm sure it will be a good time.

Lip Man 1
06-01-2015, 06:13 PM
Sox need to not give Hamilton anything to hit. Amazing how good he's been considering no spring training for him.

Lip

mccoydp
06-01-2015, 07:33 PM
Sox need to not give Hamilton anything to hit. Amazing how good he's been considering no spring training for him.

Lip

Agreed. I think the Sox have the best pitchers going up against the Rangers, so hopefully that works in our favor. It would also be nice to have Abreu back in the lineup; he said that, with today off, he expected to play in the Rangers series. If the Sox can take at least two of three, I will be happy. Three of three is best! They have to stop some of the boneheaded base running, though (Gordon Beckham, for example). The Rangers have won ten of their last twelve, so momentum is on their side.

#1swisher
06-02-2015, 10:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CGgUU8LVAAEwsbJ.jpg

harwar
06-02-2015, 11:25 AM
Gosh, I can't believe I forgot about that. I'll take my verbal thrashing like a man, I guess :D:.

I'm sure that it's died down since i was there .. i was actually at that game, and living in Irving,Tx, at the time .. i still wore my Sox hat everywhere i went, but after that game, i had to develop a thick skin..

PaleHoser
06-02-2015, 02:56 PM
I think Robin is the only player to ever get five hits off Nolan Ryan in one game. Too bad they were off his noggin'.

#1swisher
06-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox (https://twitter.com/whitesox) 1m1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/605860924998574080)

Robin & Rick both said @79JoseAbreu (https://twitter.com/79JoseAbreu) is feeling much better. Robin feels he will play in this series, if not tomorrow then Thursday.

TheVulture
06-02-2015, 09:26 PM
I always respected Ventura for that incident. He knew he was going out to that mound to get his ass kicked, but he did what he had to do.