PDA

View Full Version : Financial info question

hold2dibber
08-20-2002, 04:34 PM
I'm guessing that this type of info isn't available (or not readily available), but I'll ask just in case . . .

I'm looking to find out (1) the amount that the JR ownership group paid for the Sox; (2) the current (or as current as is possible) estimated worth of the franchise; and (3) the profit earned or amount lost by the team each year under the JR ownership group. Anybody know if/where I could get that info?

Randar68
08-20-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Anybody know if/where I could get that info?

You check under JR's mattress?

Daver
08-20-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I'm guessing that this type of info isn't available (or not readily available), but I'll ask just in case . . .

I'm looking to find out (1) the amount that the JR ownership group paid for the Sox; (2) the current (or as current as is possible) estimated worth of the franchise; and (3) the profit earned or amount lost by the team each year under the JR ownership group. Anybody know if/where I could get that info?

Jery Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn purchased the Sox for just over twenty million dollars,today the franchise is valued at 223 million dollars.

As far as the profit goes,what profit,haven't you been listening,no MLB team makes a profit,Bud has pointed that out more than once.