PDA

View Full Version : Glover

34 Inch Stick
08-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Why can't we be happy with him being a great set up man. He has proven himself to be highly skilled in this area over the last two years.

hold2dibber
08-20-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Why can't we be happy with him being a great set up man. He has proven himself to be highly skilled in this area over the last two years.

Because we're desparately lacking in starters. Although next year, when Biddle is well over a year removed from his surgery, I would expect him to be a starter and Glover return to the bulllpen (hopefully).

duke of dorwood
08-20-2002, 11:18 AM
:jerry

I must tinker

BuehrleACE56
08-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
:jerry

I must tinker

sadly true. even if biddle is healthy or someone is called up, jerry will tinker around somehow. he seems to like having glover start, and actually his last 3-4 starts before last night were well-pitched. but overall glover belongs out of the pen to partner marte in a set-up role. if we could establish them as a lefty/righty set-up combination and then name a for sure closer, we might have a decent start to a bullpen right there. but having 3 different guys with 9 saves and few more scattered around, it's not the way to go.