PDA

View Full Version : Rivera on D.L.

duke of dorwood
08-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Assuming he's cleared waivers, think the Yanks will take a chance on Foulke if there's no strike?

Daver
08-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Assuming he's cleared waivers, think the Yanks will take a chance on Foulke if there's no strike?

Foulke cleared waivers a week and a half ago,and the strike seems to be imminent.

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by daver
Foulke cleared waivers a week and a half ago,and the strike seems to be imminent.

Yes it does.

They met again today, but once again didn't discuss the key issues.

Iguana775
08-20-2002, 12:15 AM
but say, for the sake of arguement, that there is a resolution in the CBA and there is baseball past august. does anyone think the yanks would be interested in him?

Jerry_Manuel
08-20-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
but say, for the sake of arguement, that there is a resolution in the CBA and there is baseball past august. does anyone think the yanks would be interested in him?

I think they would be, yes.

BuehrleACE56
08-20-2002, 12:31 AM
i agree. without rivera, plus a pitching staff that aside from the rotation is falling apart, they would be interested in him. I personally wouldn't mind parting with him and his $6 million 2003 salary. he's gotten better since he crashed from the closer role. but he's not worth the money. especially with the rebuilding. i do like foulke tho. i would miss the guy.

doublem23
08-20-2002, 01:54 AM
Watch the Yankees pick him up and figure out his problem and Foulke turns into a stud again.

:jerry
I've heard of tipping waiters at the ice cream palace, but I didn't think you could tip a pitch.

:hitless
Speaking of ice cream.....

:nardi
I strike again, Sox fans! Muhahahahahahahaha!

Paulwny
08-20-2002, 06:44 AM
From Newsday

Cashman said he didn't foresee making a trade to support his bullpen, and he noted that since Rivera's last stint on the DL, Jeff Weaver had pitched well out of the bullpen. The Yankees tend to investigate every available option, however, so they'll likely see what's available.

Roberto Hernandez and Tom Gordon have cleared waivers, yet they're not much more attractive options than the Yankees' current late-inning relief corps of Mike Stanton, Ramiro Mendoza, Steve Karsay and Weaver.