MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-02-2015, 04:21 PM
Same ****.

soltrain21
05-02-2015, 04:21 PM
What a bunch of ****ing bums.

white sox bill
05-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Robin your such a nice guy....now please leave and go back to retirement and all will be good. Central California is so pretty this time of yr

JermaineDye05
05-02-2015, 04:23 PM
Robin needs to go.

The offense was ****, but once again, Robin's decision to throw in an inexperienced reliever in a pressure situation at a very key point in the game led to the runs that cost us the game.

amsteel
05-02-2015, 04:23 PM
At this point I just feel bad for the high school team Robin will be coaching next year.

DoItForDanPasqua
05-02-2015, 04:24 PM
Good God! Why should they mock poor fellows thus?

soxfan21
05-02-2015, 04:26 PM
On a positive note, if we keep this up we'll have a top 3 draft pick...

white sox bill
05-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Honest to Pete, how much longer can the powers that be (JR, RH & KW) keep trotting Robin out there? The definition of insanity applies here

Andrew C White
05-02-2015, 04:32 PM
On a positive note, if we keep this up we'll have a top 3 draft pick...

Slotted for #5 right now.

Soxman219
05-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Why is Rodon being put in tense situations early in his career? It's not fair to Rodon or the other experienced pitchers in our pen. We could be back to last place after tonight. Same ****, different day

ricker182
This is laughable at this point.
I wonder if they're still going to ****** about attendance still.

I've decided I'm not going Friday. Just not worth my time or money.

guillensdisciple
I am going to stop saying we suck. Beating a dead horse at this point. Going to also stop asking for Robin to be sacked.

However, we are the worst team in baseball and I wish we looked for a new manager.

Also, we are the worst team in Chicago by a wide marGin.

DrCrawdad
Same ****.

Glad I didn't watch the game today. I looked at the MLB app and the scent of loss was in the air.

4 straight losses. Pathetic.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2015, 04:35 PM
Another day, another three runs or less. 13 times now in 21 games.

Head scratching decision on using Rodon in that situation.

Five under now and no end in sight.

At least the Sox aren't the Brewers (yet...)

Lip

guillensdisciple
05-02-2015, 04:36 PM
This is laughable at this point.
I wonder if they're still going to ****** about attendance still.

I've decided I'm not going Friday. Just not worth my time or money.
Good man.

guillensdisciple
05-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Oh, and we are either going to lose a series to the Twins or get swept in 4. Let that sink in.

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2015, 04:38 PM
Complete bull **** :angry:

How ignorant we of fans (the few ones remaining) to have gotten excited thinking that a lineup full of crap was going to produce. The only protection they got for Abreu was LaRoche. Think of that. They went into the season with a 5-6-7 of Garcia (unknown) Gillespie (no power) and Alexei (also lacking power and full of outs). And then round the bottom with Flowers and and a Rookie 2B. :rolleyes:

This had disaster written all over it and dumb of us to no have seen it.

We got caught up in the potential of Sale and Samardsija up top (have also sucked so far) and ignored the big picture.

Wait for the annual Coop bullpen implosion that comes around every late May-June.

They need to clean house, KW, Hahn, Robin, Coop, all the way down. Everyone needs to go and bring someone from the outside to rebuild management from the top down. Enough with the "Friends and Family" nonsense that JR has been operating with.

Dan H
05-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I'm joining the chorus for Ventura to be fired. I don't think everything is his fault nor do I think that a new manager is the sole answer. But to do nothing is an admission of giving up.

I remember 2011 with Dunn hitting in the low .100's and Guillen talking about fans urinating on statues. Something dramatic should have been done then, but instead the season turned into a farce with Dunn never climbing over .200 and the Guillen folly at the end. Here the team is, four years later, still playing sub .500 ball and making it a career of losing to the Twins.

So far all we get is the usual Hawk Harrelson delusions. Time to face reality and leave the wishful thinking in the broadcast booth.

Tragg
05-02-2015, 04:46 PM
The sox tried to rush the rebuild before finishing the foundation. 73 win team trading 4 young players for a rent, e.g. I think they were going to continue the revuild (peddling Alexei in early winter) but someone (prob Kenny Williams) called an audible.
You can see it in the effect of the horrid bench- twins face one ML hitter in the 9th.

tstrike2000
05-02-2015, 04:48 PM
Ehh, who cares. I was going to say that we've reached a new low in losing to the garbage of the AL Central when I realized that we are the garbage of the AL Central. Fire Robin and some of the coaching staff or don't. It doesn't matter. Kenny most likely is still in charge of managerial hirings, and we'll just bring back crap like Ozzie or someone else who has no business managing a big league ball club. Bring in Snoopy and Linus to run the damn team, nobody cares anyway.

SOXBOY
Fire the manager today!!! This is totally embarrassing...show starts are one thing but this is 2-3 years of just bad, boring, dumb baseball

slavko
So far all we get is the usual Hawk Harrelson delusions. Time to face reality and leave the wishful thinking in the broadcast booth.

Wouldn't hurt if Hawk got flushed out with the rest of the underachievers.

shingo10
05-02-2015, 04:50 PM
This is my least favorite White Sox team of all time. Lifeless, pathetic, ect, ect.

Instead of committing to a total rebuild we tried to retool on the fly (which I was supportive of) but unfortunately it looks like its going to set us back even further. Not sure if a firesale is really going to do much for us as we don't necessarily have many movable pieces.

It is just mindblowing how bad this is.

tstrike2000
05-02-2015, 04:52 PM
Wouldn't hurt if Hawk got flushed out with the rest of the underachievers.

Maybe Hawk will go back to his original plan of taking on less games.

SoxSpeed22
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Simply put, it's all wrong. Year in and year out, they get these guys from other teams and all of a sudden, they forgot how to play baseball. Noesi had a nice run last year, but he's not MLB material, and neither is Robin as a manager. At this rate, it might be another 88 years between championships.

tstrike2000
05-02-2015, 04:54 PM
And Don Cooper or anyone else in the Sox organization can kiss all of our collective asses if we hear more bitching about the lack of fan support. The team has sucked massive ass for close to three years.

guillensdisciple
05-02-2015, 04:59 PM
And Don Cooper or anyone else in the Sox organization can kiss all of our collective asses if we hear more bitching about the lack of fan support. The team has sucked massive ass for close to three years.

Yep, I would rather waste 10 dollars on a movie than an upper deck ticket at the cell to watch a horrible baseball team.

I find it funny that the excitement has been sucked out so fast. Hell, I expected at least 3 months to go by before anything happened.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm joining the chorus for Ventura to be fired. I don't think everything is his fault nor do I think that a new manager is the sole answer. But to do nothing is an admission of giving up.

I remember 2011 with Dunn hitting in the low .100's and Guillen talking about fans urinating on statues. Something dramatic should have been done then, but instead the season turned into a farce with Dunn never climbing over .200 and the Guillen folly at the end. Here the team is, four years later, still playing sub .500 ball and making it a career of losing to the Twins.

Ah yes another great moment in White Sox history:

“As soon as you leave the ballpark they don’t care about you. They don’t. The monuments, the statues…they pee on them when they get drunk.” --Ozzie Guillen.

Lip

Soxman219
05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Rant:

I'm not gonna blame Hahn at all. Every move he made in the off-season made sense and he tried to build a wild card contender. The problem is lack of leadership. There is no fire in that clubhouse. No accountability AT ALL. They string 2 or 3 wins in a row then they relax to lose 5 out of 7 next and no one cares. Maybe it's bad luck, too but there needs to be a coaching overhaul. There needs to be veteran leadership in that clubhouse real soon or we're gonna stay like this.

Sox fans aren't stupid. Why go to Sox games when you know your team won't be good enough to win games on a consistent basis? Even in 2012 when we were in the playoff hunt no one showed up to the games as we waited for the collapse to happen. Fans just don't trust this team year in and year out to win consistently. The majority of the time you feel none of the players will get the clutch hit, or the right pitch, or make the right play in late-game situations. I've felt that way forever with this team with 2005 and parts of 2006 as the only exception. There is always a "Sox killer" on the other team or a team that just owns us or an unknown pitcher who owns us but sucks against everyone else. It's just frustrating as a fan that there's always something with the White Sox that prevents them from succeeding.

Maximo
05-02-2015, 05:03 PM
For sale:

Slightly used Roku and the remaining 90% of an Mlbtv. subscription.

Make offer.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2015, 05:07 PM
The Sox this year have only had one stretch, three games in a row, where they scored three runs or more in them.

Think about that for a moment.

And yes they won those three games. Coincidence I guess.

Lip

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-02-2015, 05:10 PM
Why should we care about this team? Honest question. They play stupid, fundamental-free baseball and have been since mid-2012. 2012 was the last time this team gave the fans something to cheer about. Ever since then, it's been one dead-ass team after another. The only constant has been Robin.

This is the most disappointing team in my 20+ years of being a fan. To think I wanted to take my dad to a game to celebrate his retirement. I'm rethinking my plans because I don't want to sicken my dad or myself with this brand of garbage baseball and effectively reward the Sox for their embarrassing play.

Cooper, how about you and your team get your collective heads out of your asses? Then maybe you can start bitching about attendance.

JB98
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Someone remind me, why does this stupid organization believe in Hector Noesi?

I thought it was a minor miracle Noesi got through the fourth inning with the game still tied. I would have been on board with going to Rodon to start the fifth inning clean, but no. They send Noesi back out to **** things up, then expect Rodon to get out a three-time batting champion with runners at the corners and only one out.

I can't believe that ended badly.

ZombieRob
05-02-2015, 05:11 PM
Complete bull **** :angry:

How ignorant we of fans (the few ones remaining) to have gotten excited thinking that a lineup full of crap was going to produce. The only protection they got for Abreu was LaRoche. Think of that. They went into the season with a 5-6-7 of Garcia (unknown) Gillespie (no power) and Alexei (also lacking power and full of outs). And then round the bottom with Flowers and and a Rookie 2B. :rolleyes:

This had disaster written all over it and dumb of us to no have seen it.

We got caught up in the potential of Sale and Samardsija up top (have also sucked so far) and ignored the big picture.

Wait for the annual Coop bullpen implosion that comes around every late May-June.

They need to clean house, KW, Hahn, Robin, Coop, all the way down. Everyone needs to go and bring someone from the outside to rebuild management from the top down. Enough with the "Friends and Family" nonsense that JR has been operating with.

I think this is KW's last year on his contract....JB Lip or someone with better knowledge than I. Then I think he's off to the Blue Jays.

kittle42
05-02-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't plan on attending a game for a while after watching this crap. Guess I'm a horrible fan.

JB98
05-02-2015, 05:21 PM
I think this is KW's last year on his contract....JB Lip or someone with better knowledge than I. Then I think he's off to the Blue Jays.

I don't think senior executive VP is a position that has a contract attached to it.

SI1020
05-02-2015, 05:23 PM
Simply put, it's all wrong. Year in and year out, they get these guys from other teams and all of a sudden, they forgot how to play baseball. Noesi had a nice run last year, but he's not MLB material, and neither is Robin as a manager. At this rate, it might be another 88 years between championships. I thought of the same thing, not that it takes a genius. What's up with that? Why do decent to good hitters at least, come here and then forget how to hit?

Andrew C White
05-02-2015, 05:24 PM
The frist to go is likely to be Todd Severson. He was supposed to be the savior that would bring in A's style offensive discipline. We saw some good results to start the year last year but then it faded away. This year none of the batters seem to recall that 4 balls out of the zone equal a trip to first base. He'll be the scapegoat just like Walker was and whatshisface before him. Later in the year Robin might go or they might wait until the year is over.

Shame, real shame. Great moves in the off season but no fire in this team and no accountability in the front office.

Boondock Saint
05-02-2015, 05:25 PM
This is the quickest I have ever stopped giving a single **** about a team. I don't know how long it'll be before I decide to watch another game. They just don't seem to give a ****, so I don't see why I should bother, either.

JB98
05-02-2015, 05:29 PM
This reminds me more and more of 2011 with every passing loss. After a big offseason that had people excited, I believe that club started 11-22, and the season was over.

That year, the cliches about how early it was were dutifully recited, just as they've been this year, but eventually it wasn't early anymore and the team was just playing out the string.

Mohoney
05-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Why is Rodon being put in tense situations early in his career? It's not fair to Rodon or the other experienced pitchers in our pen. We could be back to last place after tonight. Same ****, different day

I'll do you one better. Why is Rodon even up here? He should be in Charlotte making starts every fifth day.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I don't think senior executive VP is a position that has a contract attached to it.

Correct there's no contract to it but JR has to agree to give permission for another team to talk to Kenny. And remember he didn't this past off season saying they were still in the process of rebuilding.

Guess Kenny's going to be around awhile because they still apparently have a lot of rebuilding to do.

Lip

MtGrnwdSoxFan
05-02-2015, 05:36 PM
This reminds me more and more of 2011 with every passing loss. After a big offseason that had people excited, I believe that club started 11-22, and the season was over.

That year, the cliches about how early it was were dutifully recited, just as they've been this year, but eventually it wasn't early anymore and the team was just playing out the string.

Yes, and the cries of "Fire Ozzie" were at a fever pitch that year. I distinctly remember that he had checked out and mentally packed up for Miami towards the beginning of the season, and basically still had to fire himself.

We see the same thing with Robin, but he isn't going to go anywhere because a) no one wants him and b) this is a gig he's going to hold on to until he's forced out of there. And with the track record of Reinsdorf rewarding loyalty, Ventura is sadly going to be a fixture at manager until something drastic is done.

Dick Allen
05-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

JB98
05-02-2015, 05:44 PM
Yes, and the cries of "Fire Ozzie" were at a fever pitch that year. I distinctly remember that he had checked out and mentally packed up for Miami towards the beginning of the season, and basically still had to fire himself.

We see the same thing with Robin, but he isn't going to go anywhere because a) no one wants him and b) this is a gig he's going to hold on to until he's forced out of there. And with the track record of Reinsdorf rewarding loyalty, Ventura is sadly going to be a fixture at manager until something drastic is done.

Yes, I called for Ozzie's head the first week of May that year, right after the team was no-hit by Francisco Liriano. I think Ozzie was trying to get fired, and they still wouldn't pull the trigger.

Zakath
05-02-2015, 05:54 PM

Correct on the record. They were 7-4 after a win over Oakland on 4/12, then tanked it for about three weeks to hit 11-22 on 5/6. They actually got back to .500 early in July (43-43) and made it to 3 over .500 on 8/30 (68-65) before finishing 79-83, really putting themselves out of contention with a 7-game losing streak in mid-September.

Chez
05-02-2015, 05:55 PM
Boy, that Avi Garcia is gonna be a heck of a player. Just thought I'd throw you all a change-up. :cool: Carry on.

ZombieRob
05-02-2015, 05:56 PM

Didn't JR refuse KW contact with the Jays?

JB98
05-02-2015, 06:00 PM

He did. As Lip mentioned, JR would have had to give consent for the Blue Jays to speak with KW. It's not a contractual thing. I think it has more to do with MLB rules, and maybe Lip can correct me if that's not the case.

Zakath
05-02-2015, 06:10 PM
In now 21 games, the Sox have only hit multiple home runs in 3 games, the last being 4/18 in Detroit. Since that game, we've had 2 home runs in 11 games, the last in a 6-0 win over Cleveland on 4/22.

In the last 7 games, we've had a grand total of 7 extra-base hits (6 2B, 1 3B).

LoveYourSuit
05-02-2015, 06:46 PM
Someone remind me, why does this stupid organization believe in Hector Noesi?

I thought it was a minor miracle Noesi got through the fourth inning with the game still tied. I would have been on board with going to Rodon to start the fifth inning clean, but no. They send Noesi back out to **** things up, then expect Rodon to get out a three-time batting champion with runners at the corners and only one out.

I can't believe that ended badly.

I think the problems go way beyond Noesi. Samardzija has been worse so far (just to compare).

But I have nothing bad to say about the pitching yet, even Danks. Not until this offense gives this team any chance to win games.

all*star quentin
05-02-2015, 06:49 PM
Speaking of Todd Severson, anyone else notice when the camera showed the dugout Severson was upfront. :wink:

ZombieRob
05-02-2015, 07:17 PM

thanks for the clearity on that. I thought KW was hot for the job due to the Jays offering him a better position?

ricker182
05-02-2015, 07:25 PM
This forum is 50x more entertaining than the team.

ZombieRob
05-02-2015, 07:27 PM
Speaking of Todd Severson, anyone else notice when the camera showed the dugout Severson was upfront. :wink:

Yea he'll be the goat before Robin.

ricker182
05-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Yea he'll be the goat before Robin.

Scape- or Greatest Of All Time?

slavko
05-02-2015, 07:59 PM
Lets not beat the "No Fire" thing to death. What has happened since the Big Fight which was supposed to light our fire? Are they supposed to act all electric and stuff when they're playing like poop?

captain54
05-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Rongey said today that it takes a good 60 games into the season to find out what a team is all about. With 21 games in, only 1/3 of the way there.

In other words, relax gang. All of you disgusted, pissed off fans don't understand baseball and the ups and downs of a season

My best guess is that Rongey absolutely echoes the Sox organization mindset

DrCrawdad
05-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Lets not beat the "No Fire" thing to death. What has happened since the Big Fight which was supposed to light our fire? Are they supposed to act all electric and stuff when they're playing like poop?

I agree. Ventura's disposition does not bother me. It's the poor play of the team. It's the bad decisions. Those are the things that bother me.

I don't care if the manager is taking naps in the dugout if the team is playing well. He can take naps, do one hitters & drink beers I don't care, just when called upon I want a manager who makes sound decisions. Ok, the one hitters and beers might impede the sound decisions but just using a bit of hyperbole.

RadioheadRocks
05-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Maybe the White Sox marketing team could do away with all those worthless "fan surveys" they keep bombarding us with... they'll find everything they need to know here at WSI.

Vernam
05-02-2015, 10:05 PM

As much as I still hate that piece of **** for what he did in 2011, I think it would be a hoot to see them bring him back right now. What do we have to lose? Unfortunately, we wouldn't get Loose Cannon Ozzie, because he'd be chastened and cautious after his two years in the wilderness. What this team needs is Say Any ****ing Thing That Pops in His Head Ozzie. Maybe Hahn could sign him to a contract with renewal for 2016 is contingent on the Sox making the playoffs this year. Now that's a low-risk deal, and Guillen would have nothing to lose.

I can't believe I just wrote that, even jokingly. :anon:

Vernam
05-02-2015, 10:09 PM
My best guess is that Rongey absolutely echoes the Sox organization mindset.

If by that you mean "has no respect for fans who put bread on his table," I'm inclined to agree. Why Rongey or anyone stays in a job that makes himself miserable is something I'll never understand.

Boondock Saint
05-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Rongey said today that it takes a good 60 games into the season to find out what a team is all about. With 21 games in, only 1/3 of the way there.

In other words, relax gang. All of you disgusted, pissed off fans don't understand baseball and the ups and downs of a season

I am super tired of Rongey's apologist schtick. I've seen this ****show more than enough times over the last decade to be able to tell that this is just par for the course with this group.

Lip Man 1
05-02-2015, 10:23 PM

And he's right, I do think that's a correct assessment for a 'normal' franchise situation. However given what has happened with this franchise over the last decade if they wait that long, while probably the prudent thing to do they risk U.S. Cellular Field becoming a ghost town as well as potentially being 10-15 games out of first place with zero chance to salvage the season.

Lip

Mohoney
05-02-2015, 10:31 PM
Here's a perfect example of the way the season is going. Tommy Milone, who absolutely schooled us on Opening Day, is already on his way to AAA.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybaseball/update/25171983/paul-molitor-explains-demotion-of-lhp-tommy-milone?FTAG=YHF7e3228e

captain54
05-02-2015, 10:39 PM
And he's right, I do think that's a correct assessment for a 'normal' franchise situation.

Lip

I find it to be very smug and condescending. Like you said, it's a point to be made about a normal franchise. The Sox have no recent track record in getting a season back on track and being in contention after a bad start. An unrealistic argument like that is a way to temper the anger of fans, but further yet, to point out to them how foolish they are

ricker182
05-02-2015, 10:46 PM

Are you serious? Rongey is a dingbat who gets his jollies off "making fun" of the people that essentially pay his salary.

Don't ever listen to that guy. He's a total piece of garbage.

TomC727
05-03-2015, 12:34 AM
And he's right, I do think that's a correct assessment for a 'normal' franchise situation. However given what has happened with this franchise over the last decade if they wait that long, while probably the prudent thing to do they risk U.S. Cellular Field becoming a ghost town as well as potentially being 10-15 games out of first place with zero chance to salvage the season.

Lip

When I phoned in this evening and spoke to Bruce Levine on the Score, I made a comment about that and how maybe it's normal to look at a team after 60 games but somethings needs to change now and Robin needs to go before the 30 game mark. He agreed with me.

wassagstdu
05-03-2015, 07:04 AM
So Adam Eaton is out with a flu. Now we know why he played so poorly on Thursday. Maybe the bug is going through the team. Didn't one of the announcers say something like that? If so, nothing will or should be done for a couple of weeks.

white sox bill
05-03-2015, 08:18 AM
I really dont want to see Ozzie back, like ex GF's, ex's are ex's for a reason. Evenutually the same issues arise

Maximo
05-03-2015, 08:30 AM
So Adam Eaton is out with a flu. Now we know why he played so poorly on Thursday. Maybe the bug is going through the team. Didn't one of the announcers say something like that? If so, nothing will or should be done for a couple of weeks.

You really think the Sox might be the only team fighting the flu bug? It's been everywhere for weeks now.

05-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Hire Ozzie!

SOXSINCE'70
05-03-2015, 09:43 AM
I am not Rick Hahn,but if I were,Monday is an off day (THANK YOU!!).

On this "off day" I would hold a press conference .Guess what I'd say?? :scratch:

# robinisnicebutitaintworking .

Jerko
05-03-2015, 09:46 AM

rongey adds to the minor league feel that pervades this team. wish they'd pull the plug on him too

amsteel
05-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Is managing the Sox even a desirable job?

Andrew C White
05-03-2015, 11:04 AM
Is managing the Sox even a desirable job?

Yes. Any manager that believes in himself looks at a team that features Jose Abreu and Chris Sale and thinks "I can work with that."

Paulwny
05-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Yes. Any manager that believes in himself looks at a team that features Jose Abreu and Chris Sale and thinks "I can work with that."

But, would any GOOD manager want to work for an organization that would give him little to no control on who his coaches will be. Most GOOD managers want this decision.

joegraz
05-03-2015, 11:50 AM
But, would any GOOD manager want to work for an organization that would give him little to no control on who his coaches will be. Most GOOD managers want this decision.

Nailed it. Hahn knew it and took it anyway. Screams of weakness.

ricker182
05-03-2015, 12:48 PM
I really dont want to see Ozzie back, like ex GF's, ex's are ex's for a reason. Evenutually the same issues arise

Ozzie gave up on the team and costed his final 2 seasons. There's no respect in that.

The Sox wouldn't bring him back anyway.