PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4/30 We Stinks Postgamer

tstrike2000
04-30-2015, 10:03 PM
There needs to be some sort of change, somewhere, some way, but I doubt anything will happen. Just more bad play and underachieving. Fortunately, there's hockey, basketball, and boxing this weekend so we don't have to watch this steaming pile of fecal matter.

LoveYourSuit
04-30-2015, 10:07 PM
There needs to be some sort of change, somewhere, some way, but I doubt anything will happen. Just more bad play and underachieving. Fortunately, there's hockey, basketball, and boxing this weekend so we don't have to watch this steaming pile of fecal matter.

NFL draft too.

DrCrawdad
04-30-2015, 10:08 PM

That was an all around embarrassing loss. An embarrassing, disheartening loss.

Andrew C White
04-30-2015, 10:11 PM
That was some pathetically bad baseball tonight.

I've seen Chris Sale have off nights before but I don't recall him ever looking as bad as he did tonight.

Eaton had a particularly bad game.

Two things I would have done differently...

When the third inning started with Johnson and Eaton on with no outs... why weren't they running? Suzuki is league average or a hair at throwing'm out. With Ramirez up and Abreu two batters away and no outs... time to let it fly.

When Eaton came up with the bases loaded and 2 outs against a lefty reliver... time to pinch hit with Bonafacio. Yes, I khowever now Emilio isn't hitting well but time to play the percentages. I checked later however and saw that Adam hits better against lefties than he does righties so maybe I can cut Robin some slack on that one but at the time I thought it was time to pinch hit for a struggling player and go with the righty against lefty percentages... particularly since Bonafacio hits better from the right side and is a switch hitter that could counter if they switched pitchers.

Otherwise... none of that really matters because it was a poorly played game.

KingXerxes
04-30-2015, 10:13 PM
Well there is this highlight:

:hawk

"Leadership is not earned - it is taken. Stoney, George Patton said that."

I spent the next half hour on the internet trying to find that quote, or anything even close to it, attributed to George Patton.

Didn't find anything - so that was my highlight.

ChiSoxGal85
04-30-2015, 10:14 PM
I'm a diehard, and I was so embarrassed and pissed off by the poor play that I stopped watching in the 3rd inning. With our ace on the mound. Against the Twins.

Can it get any worse than this? No...don't answer that.

JB98
04-30-2015, 10:20 PM
Chris Sale vs. Trevor May.

The team that started Trevor May won 12-2.

:anon:

Dan H
04-30-2015, 10:26 PM
All that can be said is that it is harder and harder to believe this team will turn it around. As a fan, I want to, but it is hard when you make the Twins look good. Maybe Samardzija and Sale should worry less about fighting and think more about pitching.

WhiteSox5187
04-30-2015, 10:27 PM
Tyler Flowers had an interesting quote tonight:
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m4 minutes ago
Flowers: "Even if we're not going to win games we need to compete and do things right now. Having that focus on every play and every pitch."
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

DrCrawdad
04-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Tyler Flowers had an interesting quote tonight:
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m4 minutes ago
Flowers: "Even if we're not going to win games we need to compete and do things right now. Having that focus on every play and every pitch."
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Flowers has the right idea. Too bad he's been part of the problem.

kobo
04-30-2015, 10:37 PM
Aside from the horrendous play tonight why the hell was Abreu batting 4th? Don't drop everyone down because Ramirez is struggling.

slavko
04-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Well there is this highlight:

"Leadership is not earned - it is taken. Stoney, George Patton said that."

I spent the next half hour on the internet trying to find that quote, or anything even close to it, attributed to George Patton.

Didn't find anything - so that was my highlight.

Now you got me interested enough to misspend a half hour of my own. The problem is that Patton is a 20th century Thomas Jefferson as someone people attribute all sorts of quotes to for no good reason. For starters, leadership is probably the wrong word, but what is the right one...

amsteel
04-30-2015, 10:46 PM
The 2015 White Sox are the 2014 White Sox if the bullpen won one more game a month.

soxfan21
04-30-2015, 10:49 PM
As I stated on the game day thread, I'm even more pissed off at this team due to the strong start the Cubs have had this year. I caught a few of their games during our Baltimore non series, and they play with good fundamentals, can get hits when they matter, and they get excited for any plays, routine or otherwise, that their teammates make. Our team is doing none of the above, and rarely get excited other than on walk off wins. This team is dead, and no one is being held accountable for it.

dycunnin
04-30-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm a diehard, and I was so embarrassed and pissed off by the poor play that I stopped watching in the 3rd inning. With our ace on the mound. Against the Twins.

Can it get any worse than this? No...don't answer that.

Agree. I haven't missed a game yet this year, but it's getting harder to stay enthused about this club. I'm maintaining the "it's still early" mentality, but that little voice is starting to get a little faint...

There's just a complete lack of positives coming out of these games. I'm trying to think of something good from the game today, just like most of the other losses this season. Carroll and Jennings pitched well, as the bullpen mostly has, but that's about it. Every other area has been brutal thus far.

What's so disheartening is the lack of energy and enthusiasm pretty much up and down the roster. I love Robin, he played for the Sox when I was a kid and was just getting into baseball, but the guy doesn't seem to be a good coach. I don't know if it'd change things for better or worse to have the manager gone at this point, but sooner or later I hope KW & JR will cut their losses and hire someone with a little experience.

But it's still early, and this team could absolutely go on a tear. If not, maybe Robin can take over for Hawk or Farmer soon?

Hitmen77
04-30-2015, 11:01 PM
:thud:

It is still too early to complain about the performance of this team? :rolleyes:

slavko
04-30-2015, 11:07 PM
Now you got me interested enough to misspend a half hour of my own. The problem is that Patton is a 20th century Thomas Jefferson as someone people attribute all sorts of quotes to for no good reason. For starters, leadership is probably the wrong word, but what is the right one...

I found" Power must be earned, not taken" as a slogan used by the British Conservative Party in 2008 and "Power is not earned, it is taken" by an obscure blogger. Patton? Might as well attribute it to Jefferson.

Andrew C White
04-30-2015, 11:16 PM
:thud:

It is still too early to complain about the performance of this team? :rolleyes:

It's only Apr... oops... just past midnight here in the east... it's still just May.

Soxman219
04-30-2015, 11:19 PM
At least the Bulls dominated and the city looked great for the NFL Draft. Other than that, fire Ventura

Lip Man 1
04-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Well that was an embarrassing performance again tonight.

Two more errors, fundamentals folks...things a good high school team can do, the Sox apparently can't despite six weeks of spring training.

11 times now in 19 games the offense has scored three runs or less.

It's getting to the point where Hahn has to start considering his options including firing the manager although historically that's something ownership hates doing. Off the top of my head only Tony LaRussa and Gene Lamont were ever fired during a season under JR's ownership.

Lip

DSpivack
05-01-2015, 12:04 AM
I found" Power must be earned, not taken" as a slogan used by the British Conservative Party in 2008 and "Power is not earned, it is taken" by an obscure blogger. Patton? Might as well attribute it to Jefferson.
Like Yogi Berra said, "I really didn't say everything I said."

LITTLE NELL
05-01-2015, 05:25 AM
If we go on and lose this series to Minny, my guess is Ventura will be canned, this can't go on. Better yet, how about new ownership? JR gets a pass for 2005 but 5 postseason appearances in 33 years is atrocious. Do us all a favor and sell the team. The organization doesn't seem to be able to develop ML position players like other organizations. That comes from the top in not investing in the minor leagues and the scouting department. Look at our roster, 2 home grown position players, Beckham who at best is a fair player and Micah Johnson who the jury is still out on. I'm not counting Abreu and Alexei because they really are products of Cuban baseball.

KingXerxes
05-01-2015, 06:25 AM

"Mercy.......Tommy Jefferson..........Stoney, Ol' Tommy had a curveball that was unhittable......just unhittable."

DrCrawdad
05-01-2015, 08:11 AM
With Sale starting the first of this four game series I was hopeful the Sox would win the series and perhaps even sweep the series. Now it falls on Quintana, Danks & Noesi to salvage the series. Can they pitch well enough to overcome the baseball stupid Sox?

smac38
05-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I can honestly say I've never seen a runner score from 1st on a blooper to center field. So there was that.

Also, why the hell is Ventura pulling in the infield in the 3rd inning, when it's tied? Trading an out for a run at that point is the way to go, and by pulling them in, the Twins got 2 hits they shouldn't have and the carousel kept going. I can't remember ever seeing this sort of ineptitude from a manager, especially from someone who played the game as long as Robin did.

Same s### different day. And no matter what people say, Rick Hahn has zero say in whether Robin stays or goes. That decision stinks of KW and JR, and if history is any indication, he's not going anywhere.

tstrike2000
05-01-2015, 09:21 AM

"Mercy.......Tommy Jefferson..........Stoney, Ol' Tommy had a curveball that was unhittable......just unhittable."

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/85i5CpyBv-Q/hqdefault.jpg

"JC no help with hitting curveball. Tomas Jefferson, with curveball, he help me very much."

slavko
05-01-2015, 10:03 AM
If we go on and lose this series to Minny, my guess is Ventura will be canned, this can't go on. Better yet, how about new ownership? JR gets a pass for 2005 but 5 postseason appearances in 33 years is atrocious. Do us all a favor and sell the team. The organization doesn't seem to be able to develop ML position players like other organizations. That comes from the top in not investing in the minor leagues and the scouting department. Look at our roster, 2 home grown position players, Beckham who at best is a fair player and Micah Johnson who the jury is still out on. I'm not counting Abreu and Alexei because they really are products of Cuban baseball.

You're all over it, Nell. Doesn't hurt that Ace I and Ace II decided to play Lose the Game, Win the Fight at the same time. Tough guys when it doesn't count.

#1swisher
05-01-2015, 10:34 AM
“That guy sucks,” Eaton said. “I've got to get rid of him.”

Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes (https://twitter.com/CSNHayes)
[/URL] Adam Eaton continues to take his personal struggles hard. Shaved his beard after tonight's 12-2 loss. [URL="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash"]#WhiteSox (https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/594004692671143936) http://bit.ly/1PchSOX (http://t.co/leM4zTtpMj)

DrCrawdad
05-01-2015, 10:41 AM
I can honestly say I've never seen a runner score from 1st on a blooper to center field. So there was that.

Also, why the hell is Ventura pulling in the infield in the 3rd inning, when it's tied? Trading an out for a run at that point is the way to go, and by pulling them in, the Twins got 2 hits they shouldn't have and the carousel kept going. I can't remember ever seeing this sort of ineptitude from a manager, especially from someone who played the game as long as Robin did.

Same s### different day. And no matter what people say, Rick Hahn has zero say in whether Robin stays or goes. That decision stinks of KW and JR, and if history is any indication, he's not going anywhere.

That's the second time in recent days that a runner on 1st scored on a single.

When it happened the first time ticked me off I shouldn't be shocked it happened twice. Why? The opponents know the Sox are not a sound fundamental baseball team. They know that if you force the Sox defense the Sox defense will buckle.

Andrew C White
05-01-2015, 10:41 AM

"Best I've seen in my 437 years in this game!"

Chez
05-01-2015, 10:59 AM
This season is starting to remind me of the beginning of the 1983 season. Bad baseball and everyone wanted LaRussa fired.

Someone get Julio Cruz on the phone.

Paulwny
05-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Eaton ho-humming a single to center allowing a runner to score from 1st base. Ramirez ho-humming an easy ground ball causing an error. The players' minds aren't in the games, this falls on the manager and coaches.

smac38
05-01-2015, 11:39 AM
If you want a good laugh, go take a look at Rongey's facebook page, where he constantly defends RV and only puts the blame on the players. Yes, the players are to blame for a lot, but give me a break. Tow that company line some more, Chris.

SOXSINCE'70
05-01-2015, 11:56 AM
I have spent the last 3 years defending Robin,but I can't take this style of sleep induced,lackluster,boring baseball anymore.

As mentioned by many before me, something HAS to change.You can't fire 25 ball players,so that leaves the field manager or GM.Hahn's job is NOT in jeopardy,IMO.So that means "See ya',Robin!!"

As I have mentioned before, a possible replacement candidate could be Joe McEwing.He did have a cup of coffee with the Mets.

But I CAN'T see this improving unless something drastic is done.Before May 15th. Rick Hahn,your ass better be on a plane to Minnesota.YESTERDAY!!:angry:

DrCrawdad
05-01-2015, 12:08 PM
This season is starting to remind me of the beginning of the 1983 season. Bad baseball and everyone wanted LaRussa fired.

I sure hope you're right.

captain54
05-01-2015, 12:34 PM

Thats been the mantra 5 out of the last 6 seasons.. "remember 1983?"

Pardon my gloom and doom, but, it gets old..

the 2nd place team in their division finished 4 games under that year.. and the Sox went 59-26 in the 2nd half.. do you see those two things combined happening in 2015?

Foulke You
05-01-2015, 02:17 PM
What's so disheartening is the lack of energy and enthusiasm pretty much up and down the roster.
I liked the energy against KC but this road trip has been a dead team walking and completely erased what little momentum they had going. When the team is not hitting, you are going to look sick and lethargic and boy oh boy are the Sox not hitting in 2015. I realize Sale and Samardzija got creamed the last couple days but the hitting is still the #1 issue on this team right now. Even in the 8 wins, it seems like the Sox rarely stake their pitchers to a lead. We're always playing catch up. Let's look at the offensive carnage:

-Last in runs scored
-Last in team OBP
-14th of 15th in HRs
-5 of our starting regulars have 0 HRs
-5 of our starting regulars are hitting .220 or less (3 of them under .200)
-1 of our starting regulars has 0 RBIs (Micah Johnson)
-42 walks as a team compared to 156 Ks

I look at this lineup and cannot believe what I'm seeing. About 2/3 of this lineup is playing well below their career norms. This isn't a bad lineup. It's a lineup that is vastly underachieving and not even close to playing up to their abilities yet.

Lip Man 1
05-01-2015, 04:57 PM
It's a lineup that is vastly underachieving and not even close to playing up to their abilities yet.

Seems to me that since around 2003 (save for a season or two) the Sox have usually had teams that underachieve and don't play up to their abilities on paper.

The question then has to be asked, "why" is this a pretty regular happening?

Lip

StillMissOzzie
05-02-2015, 12:14 AM

First Farmio, then the Hawk - great to hear from you again, KingXerxes!!!

SMO
:roflmao::rolling: