PDA

View Full Version : TSN's Rosenthal calls for Bud to resign

Daver
08-19-2002, 05:24 PM
In this column. (http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/ken_rosenthal/20020819.html)

Jerry_Manuel
08-19-2002, 06:31 PM
Both sides don't trust each other with or without Selig.

They need a new commish, but even if he stepped down the owners would bring in someone just like him. Maybe they can take the Chairman off our hands, and let his kid run the team.

Paulwny
08-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Both sides don't trust each other with or without Selig.

They need a new commish, but even if he stepped down the owners would bring in someone just like him.

Rudy Gulianni's (sp) is being tossed around. Even though he's a yankmee fan, he's still a ball fan who might be trusted by the owners, players and fans.

Daver
08-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Rudy Gulianni's (sp) is being tossed around. Even though he's a yankmee fan, he's still a ball fan who might be trusted by the owners, players and fans.

I'd still rather see the job offered to Jesse Ventura,he wouldn't care who's toes he stepped on to get what needed to be done,done.

Paulwny
08-19-2002, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by daver

I'd still rather see the job offered to Jesse Ventura,he wouldn't care who's toes he stepped on to get what needed to be done,done.

I don't disagree but, the owners will never buy it.

MarkEdward
08-19-2002, 11:59 PM

Wouldn't you want a commsh with at least a little baseball knowledge? The same goes for Rudy Guliani. I'd do away with the Commisioner, but the owners would never accept that. How about a return to the National and American League Presidents?

Daver
08-20-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Wouldn't you want a commsh with at least a little baseball knowledge? The same goes for Rudy Guliani. I'd do away with the Commisioner, but the owners would never accept that. How about a return to the National and American League Presidents?

Ask Bud about them,he did away with those offices in his quest for ultimate power in the way baseball is run.

Iguana775
08-20-2002, 12:13 AM

that would kick ass!! and then when there is some dispute on the field, say a player gets hit and the other team wants to retaliate, they could put the 2 teams in a Battle Royal. LOL. :)

but seriously though, he would be a guy that would get things done for the good of the game without worrying about pleasing everyone.

MarkEdward
08-20-2002, 11:49 AM

Ask Bud about them,he did away with those offices in his quest for ultimate power in the way baseball is run.

I know. It's just wishfull thinking.