PDA

View Full Version : Always/Never

WinningUgly!
08-18-2002, 10:26 PM
A few things that we all should know by now...

Never expect to win the division based on the rest of the division not being that good .

Always count on the Sox looking foolish when Kenny Williams makes a deal.

Never expect a thing out of any player coming off of an injury.

Always figure bad things will happen when the Sox are playing out west.

Never expect to hear a word from Jerry Reinsdorf during a rough season, unless it's about the lack of attendance.

Always assume the Sox will lose unless they score 10+ runs or Buehrle is pitching.

Never wait around for a late inning comeback.

Always bring your glove when you have bleacher seats & Todd Ritchie is pitching.

Never expect the Sox to win against a pitcher making his big league debut.

Any more to add to this?

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Let's send that to hawk and dj!

every bit of that is true. :(:

WinningUgly!
08-18-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Let's send that to hawk and dj!

every bit of that is true. :(:

I forgot one...
Always figure the Sox will get pounded whenever there is a SOX and ROLL broadcast. :D:

TornLabrum
08-18-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I forgot one...
Always figure the Sox will get pounded whenever there is a SOX and ROLL broadcast. :D:

Winning, you may have discovered several corollaries to H. Vickery's law.

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 10:56 PM

I forgot one...

OUCH! Now that one hurt! Just think. we were going to braodcast today, but we couldn't get a bpb guy. :o:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-18-2002, 10:59 PM
A few things that we all should know by now...

Never expect to win the division based on the rest of the division not being that good .

Always count on the Sox looking foolish when Kenny Williams makes a deal.

Never expect a thing out of any player coming off of an injury.

Always figure bad things will happen when the Sox are playing out west.

Never expect to hear a word from Jerry Reinsdorf during a rough season, unless it's about the lack of attendance.

Always assume the Sox will lose unless they score 10+ runs or Buehrle is pitching.

Never wait around for a late inning comeback.

Always bring your glove when you have bleacher seats & Todd Ritchie is pitching.

Never expect the Sox to win against a pitcher making his big league debut.

Any more to add to this?

Another Todd Ritchie pearl of wisdom. Never waste the time and money it takes to go see the Sox play if Ritchie is the starting pitcher..

Awesome post by the way.

captain54
08-19-2002, 12:54 AM
Always expect to hear excuses for a young pitching staff that sucks, like..."be patient, you know Maddux, Glavine, Clemens, Johnson, Martinez, etc, weren't very good their first couple of years."

RKMeibalane
08-19-2002, 01:06 PM
Never assume Bud Selig knows what he's doing.

Always expect the worst after the Sox pitching coach makes a mound visit.

Never expect Royce Clayton to field a ball hit to his left.

Always be prepared to hear Hawk blurt out, "You can put it on the board, YES!"

Never expect Jerry Manuel to use the same lineup two days in a row.

Always expect to see several blue seats at Comiskey Park.

Never expect Jerry Reinsdorf or Kenny Williams to admit when they've made a mistake.

Always expect to see someone make a serious base-running mistake.

Never expect the Sox to win a game on Sunday.

Always remember to hide the women and children when Todd Ritchie is pitching.

Never expect The Choice to stay on the bench too long. After all, he's Manuel's son.

Always expect the unexpected when watching the Sox, especially during WGN broadcasts.

WinningUgly!
08-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Never assume Bud Selig knows what he's doing.

Always expect the worst after the Sox pitching coach makes a mound visit.

Never expect Royce Clayton to field a ball hit to his left.

Always be prepared to hear Hawk blurt out, "You can put it on the board, YES!"

Never expect Jerry Manuel to use the same lineup two days in a row.

Always expect to see several blue seats at Comiskey Park.

Never expect Jerry Reinsdorf or Kenny Williams to admit when they've made a mistake.

Always expect to see someone make a serious base-running mistake.

Never expect the Sox to win a game on Sunday.

Always remember to hide the women and children when Todd Ritchie is pitching.

Never expect The Choice to stay on the bench too long. After all, he's Manuel's son.

Always expect the unexpected when watching the Sox, especially during WGN broadcasts.

Those are great! :)

Soxheads
08-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Never expect Sox fans to be happy about their team as long as Reinsdorf is around.

RKMeibalane
08-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
Never expect Sox fans to be happy about their team as long as Reinsdorf is around.

:reinsy

"I will never sell this team, Sox fans. You are stuck with me. Even when I die, the Reinsdorf name will still be associated with the Chicago White Sox. My son, David, will be taking over. Hahahahahaha!"

34 Inch Stick
08-20-2002, 09:43 AM
Always double bag it when with a prostitute in Tiajuana... Never bet the field against Tiger in a major tournament.

SI1020
08-20-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

"I will never sell this team, Sox fans. You are stuck with me. Even when I die, the Reinsdorf name will still be associated with the Chicago White Sox. My son, David, will be taking over. Hahahahahaha!" Does anybody know anything about the young man? Maybe he'll want to blaze his own trail and actually try to win championships. Of course if this is going to be a situation where "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" then things truly are hopeless.

TornLabrum
08-20-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SI1020
Does anybody know anything about the young man? Maybe he'll want to blaze his own trail and actually try to win championships. Of course if this is going to be a situation where "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" then things truly are hopeless.

Let's try this again. The Sox are a limited partnership. Reinsdorf is the "managing partner" of the White Sox. This mean he basically runs things for the rest of the owners. The figures I've seen show Reinsdorf and Einhorn together owning less the 1/4 of the stock in this club.

If the group Reinsdorf leads doesn't sell before his death, there is no guarantee that his son will be elected to represent the group as managing partner.

Dadawg_77
08-20-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Let's try this again. The Sox are a limited partnership. Reinsdorf is the "managing partner" of the White Sox. This mean he basically runs things for the rest of the owners. The figures I've seen show Reinsdorf and Einhorn together owning less the 1/4 of the stock in this club.

If the group Reinsdorf leads doesn't sell before his death, there is no guarantee that his son will be elected to represent the group as managing partner.

Wouldn't the partnership be desolved at the time of Reinsdorf death, forcing the sale to someone else? Eventhough, someone else could be the remaining partners plus Jerry's heirs.

voodoochile
08-20-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Wouldn't the partnership be desolved at the time of Reinsdorf death, forcing the sale to someone else? Eventhough, someone else could be the remaining partners plus Jerry's heirs.

That would depend on finances. The Reinsdorfs may be forced to sell the team if they cannot afford the taxes on the estate (if there still are estate taxes when he passes away), but nothing would force the other partners to sell. They might just buy his share out, or find another partner. The sad thing is that the other guys with shares clearly don't object to the way JR runs the team meaning they too want to see profitability first and wins second.

hold2dibber
08-20-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

It would not surprise me at all if it turns out that JR has the other partners "in his pocket" and that they have all agreed, in advance, to make JR Jr. (or whatever his name is) the next Big Cheese.

Dadawg_77
08-20-2002, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

That would depend on finances. The Reinsdorfs may be forced to sell the team if they cannot afford the taxes on the estate (if there still are estate taxes when he passes away), but nothing would force the other partners to sell. They might just buy his share out, or find another partner. The sad thing is that the other guys with shares clearly don't object to the way JR runs the team meaning they too want to see profitability first and wins second.

Wouldn't the partnership end with the death of a partner, thus would have to recreated. Damn, I am forgetting my college classes already.

KingXerxes
08-20-2002, 02:08 PM
A partnership does indeed end with the death of a general (not limited) partner, but I sincerely doubt that Reinsdorf owns his interest in his own name. My guess would be that he has himself insulated from any type of personal liability through a string of corporate entities or limited partners which are all under his control, but do not have an "end" as far as being a legal entity is concerned.

Therefore - if Reinsdorf were to die - the corporation which he controls (which is the true General Partner) continues to exist, and the partnership is not dissolved. Depending upon the voting rights of the limited partners, the controlling person of the corporate general partner may very well be able to take over.........but one would have to see what the documents say before knowing.

voodoochile
08-20-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
A partnership does indeed end with the death of a general (not limited) partner, but I sincerely doubt that Reinsdorf owns his interest in his own name. My guess would be that he has himself insulated from any type of personal liability through a string of corporate entities or limited partners which are all under his control, but do not have an "end" as far as being a legal entity is concerned.

Therefore - if Reinsdorf were to die - the corporation which he controls (which is the true General Partner) continues to exist, and the partnership is not dissolved. Depending upon the voting rights of the limited partners, the controlling person of the corporate general partner may very well be able to take over.........but one would have to see what the documents say before knowing.

Are the owners of the White Sox set up as an actual partnership or a corporation? That too affects the end result of what happens on the passing of JR. Still, considering the money JR has at his disposal, odds are he will live for a long time and with medical advances jumping in leaps and bounds, maybe forever...

"I'm never going to die. I am going to torture you fans forever because this is ALL YOUR FAULT! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

TornLabrum
08-20-2002, 03:28 PM

Are the owners of the White Sox set up as an actual partnership or a corporation? That too affects the end result of what happens on the passing of JR. Still, considering the money JR has at his disposal, odds are he will live for a long time and with medical advances jumping in leaps and bounds, maybe forever...

"I'm never going to die. I am going to torture you fans forever because this is ALL YOUR FAULT! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

I believe the Sox are set up as a limited partnership.

whitesoxwilkes
08-20-2002, 04:44 PM
Labrum is correct. I know about 4 of the partners from my Board of Trade days.

KingXerxes
08-21-2002, 09:29 AM
I agree. As far as I know, the White Sox are a limited partnership. My bet is that the managing general partner is a corporation under Reinsdorf's control.

VeeckAsInWreck
08-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Hahahahahahaha! This is too damn funny! You all have been discussing what would happen should Reinsy die! Hahahaha! Man, I didn't realize that JR's relationship with the fans had gotten this bad!

voodoochile
08-21-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Hahahahahahaha! This is too damn funny! You all have been discussing what would happen should Reinsy die! Hahahaha! Man, I didn't realize that JR's relationship with the fans had gotten this bad!

Well, that looks like our only hope to field a winner... Hey, Maybe the Sun-Times will by the Sox and then Moronotti will have to start writing positive things about our team...

VeeckAsInWreck
08-21-2002, 11:13 AM

Well, that looks like our only hope to field a winner... Hey, Maybe the Sun-Times will by the Sox and then Moronotti will have to start writing positive things about our team...

Well, If Reinsy truly monitors this site, he's gonna hire extra security and taste testers. Hey, forget the Sun-Times, we should be bought by the Tribune, those guys would spend money on us and give us a winner!