PDA

View Full Version : Slammin Sammy Cartoon


foulkesfan11
08-18-2002, 12:30 PM
I just turned on Channel 9 and there is an hour long animated special called Slammin Sammy. This is so pathetic. He's talking about how the White Sox treated him so bad & the fans didn't like him. What a joke!!!

MrX
08-18-2002, 12:59 PM
The way this thing is going it's going to end with Sammy bringing peace to the middle east and him endding world hunger. This thing is so self-promoting it's hilarious.

cheeses_h_rice
08-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Does it show him going to the Dominican Republic with $20K in cash to get some more "Flintstones Chewable Vitamins" to make him "big and strong"?

By the way, the lead story on chicagosports.com today is very, very funny -- apparently the Flub fans started chanting "Go on strike!" at the end of yesterday's game, when they apparently choked 9 ways to Sunday in the 9th.

MrX
08-18-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Does it show him going to the Dominican Republic with $20K in cash to get some more "Flintstones Chewable Vitamins" to make him "big and strong"?


Nope, they left that part out for some reason. :)

WinningUgly!
08-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by MrX



Nope, they left that part out for some reason. :)

Did the cartoon show SamME bouncing rum bottles off his wife's head? Now I'd watch that! :D:

DrCrawdad
08-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
He's talking about how the White Sox treated him so bad & the fans didn't like him. What a joke!!!

I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's 150 K's while with the White Sox.

I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's .225 BA while with the White Sox.

The mean White Sox fans treated SamME according to the way he produced.

Lip Man 1
08-18-2002, 02:06 PM
Sosa's autobiography also rips the Sox, specifically hitting coach Walt Hriniak. That's nothing new really. When I spoke with Cory Snyder he mentioned the problems he had with Hriniak as well as mentioning other Sox players who couldn't get along with him.

Lip

Jerry_Manuel
08-18-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
By the way, the lead story on chicagosports.com today is very, very funny -- apparently the Flub fans started chanting "Go on strike!" at the end of yesterday's game, when they apparently choked 9 ways to Sunday in the 9th.

Mets fans did the same thing.

A lot of bad teams out there that nobody wants to watch.

voodoochile
08-18-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Mets fans did the same thing.

A lot of bad teams out there that nobody wants to watch.

Just wait until Tuesday...

Chisox_cali
08-18-2002, 02:48 PM
The real sad thing was that I was watching the little League world series yesterday and theres a kid on the harlem team that does everything like ShamME, From the batting stance to the number to the little Bunny Hop after the hit. It's really sad because he just a kid and doesn't know what kind of egomaniacal, wife beating, steriod abusing, person he's idolizing.

RKMeibalane
08-18-2002, 03:03 PM
When the cartoon featured Sosa's time with the White Sox, did they show any of his teammates from those seasons? Was Frank in the show? Robin Ventura? Carlton Fisk?

GASHWOUND
08-18-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad


I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's 150 K's while with the White Sox.

I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's .225 BA while with the White Sox.

The mean White Sox fans treated SamME according to the way he produced.

I saw part of this 'Toon. It was so freakin cheesy, I had to watch it a little. And then the ads they ran between selling the VHS and some other stuff for $29.99..($49.99 value) also made me laugh.
And it was quite amusing watching Sosa strike out with the Sox then they go to a Sox fan yelling on the side.. Those mean ol' Sox fans at it again..
Sheesh

GASHWOUND
08-18-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The real sad thing was that I was watching the little League world series yesterday and theres a kid on the harlem team that does everything like ShamME, From the batting stance to the number to the little Bunny Hop after the hit. It's really sad because he just a kid and doesn't know what kind of egomaniacal, wife beating, steriod abusing, person he's idolizing.

Argg, that makes me sick.If I was the coach I would've slapped that kid in the back of the head and tell to stop with the f'n antics!
When I saw him doing the 'Babe' call I vomited, then when he hit the ball doing the sammy hop I vomited some more..And then to top it off he's talking trash to the kid pitcher, with "I told you so" or something to that effect. ***!?!?
Why isn't anyone telling his kid to ****!!

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
I just turned on Channel 9 and there is an hour long animated special called Slammin Sammy. This is so pathetic. He's talking about how the White Sox treated him so bad & the fans didn't like him. What a joke!!!

you've got to be ****ing kidding me!

:chunks

SOXSINCE'70
08-18-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


you've got to be ****ing kidding me!

:chunks


No,unfortunately,it's true.All too true.I watched this back patting exercise for a laugh,and almost lost my breakfast and my appetite for lunch.No 'roids mention,no mention of how he (allegedly) beat Sonia with a rum bottle in '91,no mention of his numerous whiffs and outfield miscues,no mention of his .225 Choice-esque BA.
But hey,a week from Tuesday,you too can own this pablum on DVD or VHS for $29.99

LMFAOROTF!!!!!!!!


:roidduck

"Sham-mee do what is good for Sham-mee".

TornLabrum
08-18-2002, 05:47 PM
Think of the bright side here. At least SamME will more than recover that $20K.

duke of dorwood
08-18-2002, 06:33 PM
The funniest thing was the way he was bulked up in the SOX uniform. I watched about 10 minutes, then cancelled my cable service for making me pay to watch that waste material

BuehrleACE56
08-18-2002, 06:56 PM
i was searching for something to watch and before i found the braves game i stumbled onto this very poor cartoon of shammee talking about how he lived the american dream. then this godawful commercial about how he's an MLB legend and has truly lived the american dream and that you just have to own his cartoon on DVD or VHS. even in the cartoon he dont speak good english. gimme a break. don't they realize the guy is a cartoon? they showed old footage of him and he was stick thin. then he's hitting a HR a week ago and he looks like a big-headed ape. it's so hilarious. i laughed but deep down i wanted to cry. I want to hear the Paul Konerko story or the Mark Buehrle story. it was so egotistical and self-promoting that any good intention it had was ruined. it's truly sick how this man is so loved for being such a terrible person.

foulkesfan11
08-18-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad


I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's 150 K's while with the White Sox.

I'm sure they didn't mention SamME's .225 BA while with the White Sox.

The mean White Sox fans treated SamME according to the way he produced.

Actually, they did mention that he was being called the strike out leader!

foulkesfan11
08-18-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
When the cartoon featured Sosa's time with the White Sox, did they show any of his teammates from those seasons? Was Frank in the show? Robin Ventura? Carlton Fisk?

Not that I saw. I missed the very beginning though.

doublem23
08-19-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND


Argg, that makes me sick.If I was the coach I would've slapped that kid in the back of the head and tell to stop with the f'n antics!
When I saw him doing the 'Babe' call I vomited, then when he hit the ball doing the sammy hop I vomited some more..And then to top it off he's talking trash to the kid pitcher, with "I told you so" or something to that effect. ***!?!?
Why isn't anyone telling his kid to ****!!

Tell me about it...

Like 4 years ago (1998), some kid on my team hit an absolute BOMB, and he did the little Sammy hop and the stupid kisses and what not....

Coach had him running about 100 suicide sprints (BTW, 1 suicide sprint is 1,800 feet) the next day of practice...

He never did that again.

:)

WhiteSox = Life
08-19-2002, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


Tell me about it...

Like 4 years ago (1998), some kid on my team hit an absolute BOMB, and he did the little Sammy hop and the stupid kisses and what not....

Coach had him running about 100 suicide sprints (BTW, 1 suicide sprint is 1,800 feet) the next day of practice...

He never did that again.

:)

At least there are some sensible coaches out there. Unfortunately, some coaches still remain at large, with plenty of kilos of...

:bluerock
"And it seems to me, more and more, nowadays, that people just can't lay off the stuff."

CubKilla
08-19-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The real sad thing was that I was watching the little League world series yesterday and theres a kid on the harlem team that does everything like ShamME, From the batting stance to the number to the little Bunny Hop after the hit. It's really sad because he just a kid and doesn't know what kind of egomaniacal, wife beating, steriod abusing, person he's idolizing.

I finally saw footage of this last night on SPORTSCENTER. Hopefully, the coach of this baseball team grabbed him by the collar of the shirt, pointed a finger in his face, and said, "Do that again, and you sit the next game out." But, with this happening, I'm sure the coach doesn't have any class either. If this kid thinks he's emulating anyone in the Bigs, he's not. Like Mienkiewicz, Jones, and Hunter said, shortly after viewing this, "You do that here (Major Leagues), you can guarantee that the next time your up to bat, your getting hit (by a pitch)." If Harlem represents the US this year..... I'm cheering for whoever plays them because of this kids sorry display.

Oh..... I didn't see the ShamME cartoon because I was working. But it sounds like a total vomitfest.

voodoochile
08-19-2002, 10:59 AM
Is there a website for this cartoon? We have got to have a picture of ShamME as a toon for a tag, IMO...

CuckTheFubs
08-19-2002, 12:38 PM
SamME loves cartoonish characters, SamME is one!

SamME belongs on another cartoon, Saturday Night Live's cartoon - "The Ambiguously Gay Duo".


:barney&sham[IMG]

Dadawg_77
08-19-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla


I finally saw footage of this last night on SPORTSCENTER. Hopefully, the coach of this baseball team grabbed him by the collar of the shirt, pointed a finger in his face, and said, "Do that again, and you sit the next game out." But, with this happening, I'm sure the coach doesn't have any class either. If this kid thinks he's emulating anyone in the Bigs, he's not. Like Mienkiewicz, Jones, and Hunter said, shortly after viewing this, "You do that here (Major Leagues), you can guarantee that the next time your up to bat, your getting hit (by a pitch)." If Harlem represents the US this year..... I'm cheering for whoever plays them because of this kids sorry display.

Oh..... I didn't see the ShamME cartoon because I was working. But it sounds like a total vomitfest.

Well the coach of Harlem did have a meeting with the Kid and told him not to do that and that he and the team needed to show better sportsmanship. Even the ESPN announcer said he (announcer) for glorify the action. And aren't you guys, jumping a little to hard on a 12 year old? Did he make a mistake? Yes. Did the adluts in his life take an action to correct such a mistake? Yes. Isn't that the way the system is supposed to work?