PDA

View Full Version : *****! Flubs bigger than the Super Bowl

cheeses_h_rice
08-09-2001, 01:30 PM
This is a quote from Flubs marketing guy John McDonough in today's Moronotti column, talking about the Mongo Affair:

"But the seventh-inning stretch never has been meant to be a forum for personal observations, to air someone’s thoughts on a game. We really want to have fun with this, but also some degree of dignity. We try. We’ve shown them tapes of how people have performed. But take Cuba Gooding Jr.—he almost jumped out of the booth, he was so animated. We want to be loose about it, but not only do you have 40,000 fans in the ballpark, you might have 50 million watching on WGN.’’

***** -- *50 MILLION* people watching? About 1 out of every 5 American adults and children, in other words?

Wow, those Flubbies are full of themselves. I had no idea a regular-season Flubs game could draw a bigger viewing audience than just about every major sports event in this country.

FarWestChicago
08-09-2001, 01:41 PM
Wow, those Flubbies are full of themselves. I had no idea a regular-season Flubs game could draw a bigger viewing audience than just about every major sports event in this country.

:moron

Well Cheeses, it just goes to show you Sox fans know nothing about my beloved Cubbies. I hear the viewing audience often exceeds 75 million. After all, who doesn't want to watch Sammy. He saved baseball and I saved Sammy for Chicago!!