PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Benched

MisterB
08-17-2002, 04:45 PM
According to the A's radio broadcasters, Lou Pinella has officially benched Mike Cameron. Would this be the time to revisit the Konerko vs. Cameron debate? :smile:

Chisox_cali
08-17-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
According to the A's radio broadcasters, Lou Pinella has officially benched Mike Cameron. Would this be the time to revisit the Konerko vs. Cameron debate? :smile:

I thought for sure it would be because of that damn hat style!! :D:

Jjav829
08-17-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MisterB

Well Mike Cameron has hit 4 HR's in a game? Did Paul Konerko ever do that? Well, theres your answer.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Cameron plays good defense and has a lot of speed. but i think we'd all be chaasing him out of town hith the way he hits .250 every year and K's so much. I think we got the better end of the deal. The only complaint i have about Konerko is, He's BEYOND slow!

RKMeibalane
08-17-2002, 06:13 PM
I've never thought Cameron was as good as some people in the media make him out to be. When he was with the Sox, I hoped he would one day become their everyday center fielder. But it soon became clear to me that he wasn't consistent enough with the bat.

That four-homer game was the biggest fluke of this baseball season. He will never have a game that even approaches the level he played at that night. The thing that makes that game seem so meaningless and ridiculous was that he hit those homeruns off of Rauch and Parque- not exactly Maddux and Glavine.

rmusacch
08-18-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Cameron plays good defense and has a lot of speed. but i think we'd all be chaasing him out of town hith the way he hits .250 every year and K's so much. I think we got the better end of the deal. The only complaint i have about Konerko is, He's BEYOND slow!

.250 is being generous for Cameron.