PDA

View Full Version : But what about Crede

delben91
08-17-2002, 03:03 PM
All right, I know the offense as a whole sucked last night. But, though it didn't always result in a hit, I was glad to see Crede hit the ball hard every time up there at the plate. It was the first time I'd actually seen him bat, but his swing seemed pretty shortened to me. Also, how about all those gems in the field, especially in the 4th (I think) where Joe assisted on all the putouts with one solid and two great plays? Seems like if he can keep this up we just may have a keeper at third base.

Oh, and though he wasn't much with the stick, Wee Willie made another nice stab about 15 feet behind first base late in the game. What's this I see, solid infield defense, without Roycie in there?!? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

:gulp:

RKMeibalane
08-17-2002, 03:18 PM
I am encouraged by Crede's progress, both at the plate, and in the field. He seems to be reading pitches better and he looks more relaxed at the plate. His power numbers are lower than I expected, but Robin Ventura hit only five homeruns in his first full season with the Sox (1990), so I don't think this is a cause for concern.

It was fun watching Crede at third last night. He has made more impresssive defensive plays in the few games I've seen him than Royce Clayton has in two years on the Southside. Crede is already the best third baseman in Chicago.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Crede is the first real 3rd baseman since Ventura. I expected him to show off the good defense, i hope some of these balls he's hitting hard start getting to the gap soon. that's his whole game. I think he'll end up with 20-30 hr per year and get a **** load of doubles when we see the fully developed Joe.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Crede is the first real 3rd baseman since Ventura. I expected him to show off the good defense, i hope some of these balls he's hitting hard start getting to the gap soon. that's his whole game. I think he'll end up with 20-30 hr per year and get a **** load of doubles when we see the fully developed Joe.

No kidding. I think Crede is going to be a really exciting player to watch in the coming years.

Soxheads
08-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

No kidding. I think Crede is going to be a really exciting player to watch in the coming years.

I think he is already really exciting to watch.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 08:01 PM
For me he is. I've been waiting for him to get here for almost 2 years fulltime

WillieHarris12
08-17-2002, 09:42 PM
Crede is almost like a young Rolen with the same glove and a better stroke possibly.

guillen4life13
08-18-2002, 11:27 AM
and honestly, in game 1 @ oakland when he made a stab and helped buehrle out (3rd inning?)... when he was smiling he looked exactly like robin ventura.

i think this guy is gonna be something else, honestly. and apparently, so do all of you (most of you)

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
and honestly, in game 1 @ oakland when he made a stab and helped buehrle out (3rd inning?)... when he was smiling he looked exactly like robin ventura.

i think this guy is gonna be something else, honestly. and apparently, so do all of you (most of you)

Ventura was his idol growing up. Kind of ironic huh? :D:

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 05:22 PM
What a play by Crede! Haven't seen anything like that since a certain 3b legend that JR didn't want to pay

guillen4life13
08-18-2002, 11:36 PM

Ventura was his idol growing up. Kind of ironic huh? :D:

want my opinion? i think the sox should lose the names on the jerseys. let crede keep 24 (although i wouldn't be too offended if he was given 23... but i really think that there are only two people who should ever wear 23 in the city of chicago... and i think you all know who those two people are).

maybe people will actually mistake crede for ventura

now if only joe hit left handed. (sigh).

RedPinStripes
08-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

want my opinion? i think the sox should lose the names on the jerseys. let crede keep 24 (although i wouldn't be too offended if he was given 23... but i really think that there are only two people who should ever wear 23 in the city of chicago... and i think you all know who those two people are).

maybe people will actually mistake crede for ventura

now if only joe hit left handed. (sigh).

I'm all for taking the names off. If you're a true fan, you know the number and face.

RKMeibalane
08-19-2002, 02:43 PM
The Sox first used names on home uniforms in 1997. Since that time, they have had only two winning seasons. Hmmm...

ode to veeck
08-19-2002, 03:32 PM
after the third inning friday night in Oakland, where Crede made all three chances, each one better than the last, and stealing the last one from Valentin, the local fans were asking me (obvious Sox fan), who IS that guy!?!

RedPinStripes
08-19-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
The Sox first used names on home uniforms in 1997. Since that time, they have had only two winning seasons. Hmmm...

you're just talking about these uni's right?

RKMeibalane
08-19-2002, 05:10 PM

you're just talking about these uni's right?

Right. I am referring to the Sox's current uniforms, which they started wearing near the end of the 1990 season. The home uniforms they wore during the late '80's had names on the back.