PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!


PaleHoseGeorge
08-16-2002, 11:57 PM
Well, this wasn't too obvious a choice.

"I just hope the Sox shave their salary offer to me again next winter. I'm taillights and off to St. Louis first chance I get!" :burly

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=1714)

This team sucks--except Buehrle, of course.

Daver
08-16-2002, 11:58 PM
Like it or not he is here till 2005.......

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 11:59 PM
While you're at it you should nominate him for the "Best player who gets screwed over by his team the most" award. God this game was painful to watch.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by daver
Like it or not he is here till 2005.......

I wouldn't doubt it if he was traded before 2005. Unless JR actually plans to pay a real pitcher who was a gift in the 38th round. :(:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-17-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Well, this wasn't too obvious a choice.

"I just hope the Sox shave their salary offer to me again next winter. I'm taillights and off to St. Louis first chance I get!" :burly

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=1714)

This team sucks--except Buehrle, of course.

You know PHG, there's just some nights when this PTC thing is just too easy. :D:

voodoochile
08-17-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
While you're at it you should nominate him for the "Best player who gets screwed over by his team the most" award. God this game was painful to watch.

I think Buehrle is like 5th in the majors in run support, just so you know. This team averages almost 8 runs a game when he is starting...

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-17-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile


I think Buehrle is like 5th in the majors in run support, just so you know. This team averages almost 8 runs a game when he is starting...

Stats don't lie I guess, but how many times this season has no 56 been victimized by piss poor offense? Quite a few.

doublem23
08-17-2002, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND


Stats don't lie I guess, but how many times this season has no 56 been victimized by piss poor offense? Quite a few.

Well, I think guys like Buehrle stand out more when they don't get offense because they pitched well enough to win.

Jamokes like Todd Ritchie we don't feel as sorry for because, despite the fact he only got like 3 runs of support, he also let in like 15 runs, anyways.

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Jamokes like Todd Ritchie we don't feel as sorry for because, despite the fact he only got like 3 runs of support, he also let in like 15 runs, anyways.

He was coming around.
:smile:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-17-2002, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


He was coming around.
:smile:

He sure was. Toward the end there it was only taking him 2 innings to get the hook instead of the uaual 5 or so. What a difference! LOL. :D:

ode to veeck
08-17-2002, 12:10 PM
a close second to burly's arm last night was ...

not only the three great plays in the third, but also the hot liner stab to end the only rally threat to burly-mon (other than dy'es poke)