PDA

View Full Version : This Is Total Crap!

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 11:36 PM
CAN YOU SAY CORPSEBALL!?!?!!!?!?!?! That's exactly what this game was. This team just will not support Mark Burhle to save their own lives. Heres the best player we have going 8 innings and only making 1 bad pitch & he gets handed the L for his trouble. Our offense did absolutely ZER0 tonight. TOTALLY PATHETIC LACK OF EFFORT!

We totally sucked monkey balls tonight & how fitting was it in a waste of a season like this that the BIG SKIRT ( YEAH I CALLED HIM SKIRT SO SUE ME!) got owned like a bitch to make the last out & end the game. This team may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this year. It's painfully obvious they don't care.

FanOf14
08-16-2002, 11:38 PM
That ump at first base was no day at the park either...That call was terrible at first, had to admit that I was impressed that Manuel got off his behind to argue that call tho...

sideshowapu
08-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
CAN YOU SAY CORPSEBALL!?!?!!!?!?!?! That's exactly what this game was. This team just will not support Mark Burhle to save their own lives. Heres the best player we have going 8 innings and only making 1 bad pitch & he gets handed the L for his trouble. Our offense did absolutely ZER0 tonight. TOTALLY PATHETIC LACK OF EFFORT!

We totally sucked monkey balls tonight & how fitting was it in a waste of a season like this that the BIG SKIRT ( YEAH I CALLED HIM SKIRT SO SUE ME!) got owned to make the last out & end the game. This team may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this year. It's painfully obvious they don't care.

My ****ing sentiments exactly. My ****ing sentiments exactly.

Dadawg_77
08-16-2002, 11:41 PM
The call at first in the ninth was the right call, thats what I only saw of the game.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by sideshowapu

My ****ing sentiments exactly. My ****ing sentiments exactly.

Also what the **** was up with jerry pinch hitting with ROYCE ****ING K-Layton of all people! What is he thinking about?!?!?! I think maybe he was trying to get him out of the dugout for a while so he wouldn' t get hit by another line drive. Never mind actually trying to win the game. Burhle should be down in the locker room right now just kicking the living **** out of all the rest of the team.

voodoochile
08-16-2002, 11:44 PM

Also what the **** was up with jerry pinch hitting with ROYCE ****ING K-Layton of all people! What is he thinking about?!?!?! I think maybe he was trying to get him out of the dugout for a while so he wouldn' t get hit by another line drive. Never mind actually trying to win the game.

That's Jerry and his percentages. HAD to have a rightie bat there, just had to. Still, why not Graffanino?

FanOf14
08-16-2002, 11:46 PM
I know I've missed a few games with packing and all, but when was the last time Graff played?

CubKilla
08-17-2002, 12:03 AM
Using K-layton to pinch hit. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse offensively.....

It's long overdue to
:firejerry

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Yes sir, I'm eager for the Gary Pettis era to begin as well. Or whatever puppet bozo Williams brings in.

voodoochile
08-17-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Yes sir, I'm eager for the Gary Pettis era to begin as well. Or whatever puppet bozo Williams brings in.

JM had to interview with Reinsdorf and receive Reinsdorf's approval before Schu could hire him. Don't expect KW to be allowed to hire anybody he likes. JR will have the final say, but I expect JM to start next season as the Sox skipper. Everyone knows that it will take at least one more season of underachieving before JR will fire someone he owes money to. Probably they will cut off organizational support long before then anyway (like they did to Tim Floyd) in the hopes that the press and fans will run him out of town...

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

JM had to interview with Reinsdorf and receive Reinsdorf's approval before Schu could hire him. Don't expect KW to be allowed to hire anybody he likes. JR will have the final say, but I expect JM to start next season as the Sox skipper. Everyone knows that it will take at least one more season of underachieving before JR will fire someone he owes money to. Probably they will cut off organizational support long before then anyway (like they did to Tim Floyd) in the hopes that the press and fans will run him out of town...

So we'll have anotehr brainless puppet who is hired because JR likes him and for the color of his skin.

Thanx Jerry! Never should have let Larussa go!

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2002, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Using K-layton to pinch hit. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse offensively..... Have you noticed that Clayton has been hot offensively the last week or so? Why would a manager not try to play a hot hand?

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Have you noticed that Clayton has been hot offensively the last week or so? Why would a manager not try to play a hot hand?

He's still Royce Clayton.

Jerry_Manuel
08-17-2002, 01:31 AM
CAN YOU SAY CORPSEBALL!?!?!!!?!?!?!

This team may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this year. It's painfully obvious they don't care.

You expected different?

They've been bad most of the year. They've shown that they cannot win on the West Coast. Yet people expected a win?

Keep your expectations tiny, and you won't be so whiney.

MarkEdward
08-17-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

That's Jerry and his percentages. HAD to have a rightie bat there, just had to. Still, why not Graffanino?

Graffanino had pinch-hit for Mark Johnson in the previous at-bat.

DVG
08-17-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

So we'll have anotehr brainless puppet who is hired because JR likes him and for the color of his skin.

Thanx Jerry! Never should have let Larussa go!

Mmm-Hmmm. So all the fans who booed and despised him could
keep doing so.

And bring back SMART white guys like Hawk Harrelson and Terry
Bevington!!!! YEAH, DUDE!!!!!!

DVG
08-17-2002, 02:57 AM

We totally sucked monkey balls tonight & how fitting was it in a waste of a season like this that the BIG SKIRT ( YEAH I CALLED HIM SKIRT SO SUE ME!) got owned like a bitch to make the last out & end the game. This team may as well just forfeit the rest of the games this year. It's painfully obvious they don't care.

Oh, Puh-leeze. They're dead, what can you say? It doesn't help
to keep going on and on and crying about it like a little skirt.

RedPinStripes
08-17-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by DVG

Mmm-Hmmm. So all the fans who booed and despised him could
keep doing so.

And bring back SMART white guys like Hawk Harrelson and Terry
Bevington!!!! YEAH, DUDE!!!!!!

The color of the manager don't bother me as i've stated here before . Point i was making is JR will stick with his affirmative action. Example: KW . That move was partially to make himself look good, and mostly, because he's very good friends with KW's family.

Just ask Danny Evans about that after working for the Sox for 17 years. I don't think it bothers him too much now though.

HawkDJ
08-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Uh...I thought we already figured out that the Sox suck this year. Where was I when they became good again?

CubKilla
08-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Have you noticed that Clayton has been hot offensively the last week or so? Why would a manager not try to play a hot hand?

Yeah. I noticed it. So what. He was playing the averages anyway. Had nothing to do with who had the "hot hand."

CubKilla
08-17-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You expected different?

They've been bad most of the year. They've shown that they cannot win on the West Coast. Yet people expected a win?

Keep your expectations tiny, and you won't be so whiney.

2001..... It's Time
2002..... Come Out and Play
2003..... Keep Your Expectations Tiny, and You Won't Be So Whiney. I love it for next years marketing slogan. :D:

RKMeibalane
08-17-2002, 12:47 PM
If Manuel needed to use a right-handed batter in the eighth inning, why didn't he just use Josh Paul to pinch-hit for Mark Johnson? Graffanino should have been used to hit for Harris.

Honestly, I will never understand some of JM's moves. Why does he feel obligated to use The Choice in a close game? Why does he feel compelled to tinker with every little thing?

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

Good grief! Will this crap ever end?

idseer
08-17-2002, 01:23 PM

ummm, isn't mark like one of the best supported pitchers in the american league?

TornLabrum
08-17-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by idseer

ummm, isn't mark like one of the best supported pitchers in the american league?

I haven't seen the scouting report on his jock yet.

seventytwo
08-17-2002, 02:21 PM
I think the Sox have scored double digits 5 or 6 times for Buehrle this year...a couple of times he even needed that kind of support.

But you're correct....last night the bats were pathetic.

Surprise!

RKMeibalane
08-17-2002, 02:46 PM
The Sox need to find a way to break out of this "West Coast funk" they've been experiencing the past two seasons. Ever since they were swept by the Mariners, the Sox haven't been able to do anything right out there. That doesn't bode well for post-season matchups if Sox make it back to the playoffs in 2003.

Nellie_Fox
08-18-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
That doesn't bode well for post-season matchups if Sox make it back to the playoffs in 2003. Yeah, well, don't worry. This is definitely not a team headed in the direction of making the playoffs.