PDA

View Full Version : Coop here for good?

delben91
08-16-2002, 10:50 AM
Nice article about the new pitching coach in the herald. (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3748459)

My favorite excerpt though is:

"He's always been a real good communicator,'' Buehrle said. "With Nardi, it seemed like he'd just do things his way. With Coop, you can suggest things to him and he'll go ask (Manuel). Most of the time, they're going to say no, but at least Coop gives you the chance to make suggestions.''

Hmm, now there's a novel approach, go figure, pitchers just might have some ideas on how they should pitch.

:burly
"But I really think grooving a fastball to Giambi is a mistake here."

:nardi
"Who's the coach?!?! If I say throw a BP fastball down the middle you throw it!!"

:burly
"Well, all right.....<mutter>***</mutter>"

<CRACK!!!>

:nardi
"Dammit, throw strikes, just throw strikes!!"

Iguana775
08-16-2002, 11:15 AM
hopefully he can realize that foulke is tipping his pitches and correct the problem. along with getting his other pitches game ready if he is going to be give a chance to start

RedPinStripes
08-16-2002, 04:49 PM
It almost got to be funny watching a pitch after nardi left the mound. You know that's exactly what he was saying. "Throw strike! throw strikes! "

And the batter just sat there waiting. "Ok, I'm ready for the fastball right over the plate" And we know ther rest.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
It almost got to be funny watching a pitch after nardi left the mound. You know that's exactly what he was saying. "Throw strike! throw strikes! "

And the batter just sat there waiting. "Ok, I'm ready for the fastball right over the plate" And we know ther rest.

Yeah, its no accident that we had such a thing as the Nardi Jinx. When this ass showed up you just knew there was going to be a hit or 3 to follow.

RedPinStripes
08-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Yeah, its no accident that we had such a thing as the Nardi Jinx. When this ass showed up you just knew there was going to be a hit or 3 to follow.

The cops didn't disagree that we were shooting nardi with cap guns everytime we saw him during broadcasts. lol Well, as soon as they found out they were not real guns. damn suburbanite neighbors! They shouls have lived in the city or Cicero . They'd definatly know the difference. :D: