PDA

View Full Version : Not even the Astros want K-layton i guess.

RedPinStripes
08-16-2002, 07:36 AM
When Kerry wood broke Lugo's forearm, one of my first thoughts were that the Astros are the only team in contention that will need a SS. I was hoping to read that Royce was in Huston this morning, but i gess not. Defensivly, Royce is an upgrade over Lugo, i'm really surprised they haven't gone after him.

DAMMIT! :angry:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 07:43 AM
Can't we just shoot Roycie & get it over with? It'd sure save us a ot of grief.

delben91
08-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND
Can't we just shoot Roycie & get it over with? It'd sure save us a ot of grief.

Sounds like a job for our man Daver :gulp:

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by delben91

Sounds like a job for our man Daver :gulp:

Nah, I'd take more pleasure out of that. Plus, I have access to heavier weapons than he does. :D:

Iguana775
08-16-2002, 10:18 AM

Nah, I'd take more pleasure out of that. Plus, I have access to heavier weapons than he does. :D:

would that one airship, Puff the Magic Dragon i believe is the name of it, be too much?? lol. :)

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-16-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775

would that one airship, Puff the Magic Dragon i believe is the name of it, be too much?? lol. :)

You mean an AC130. LOL!!! That'd be awesome. Trouble with that is that the show would be over too fast. My recommendation would be an M16 with an M203 40mm grenade launcher attached. Empty a magazine into him to start off, then blow apart whats left with a grenade round. That sounds nice & messy. LOL.

soxtalker
08-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
When Kerry wood broke Lugo's forearm, one of my first thoughts were that the Astros are the only team in contention that will need a SS. I was hoping to read that Royce was in Huston this morning, but i gess not. Defensivly, Royce is an upgrade over Lugo, i'm really surprised they haven't gone after him.

DAMMIT! :angry:

Well, the Astros are 4 behind St. Louis in the NL Central and 4-1/2 behind LA in the wildcard, so they're probably right on the edge of contention. Add to that the latest news that the probability of a strike has gone up significantly over the past few days. Now, I don't know what other options the Astros have in their system, but I can see why they'd be reluctant to make a trade for any SS. They're probably weighing their options very carefully.

But you're right -- this is exactly the kind of situation that the Sox needed for a Clayton trade. And the fact that his hitting has improved helps.

Iguana775
08-16-2002, 12:52 PM

You mean an AC130. LOL!!! That'd be awesome. Trouble with that is that the show would be over too fast. My recommendation would be an M16 with an M203 40mm grenade launcher attached. Empty a magazine into him to start off, then blow apart whats left with a grenade round. That sounds nice & messy. LOL.

ummm...sure i dont know the official name of it. lol

your idea sounds pretty good too. :D:

CubKilla
08-16-2002, 01:10 PM
The Astros are still in contention. I think their reluctance to obtain a SS IMMEDIATELY is a sign of bad things (strike) to come for baseball.

RedPinStripes
08-16-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
The Astros are still in contention. I think their reluctance to obtain a SS IMMEDIATELY is a sign of bad things (strike) to come for baseball.

Or, they want nothing to do with that cancer.

CubKilla
08-16-2002, 04:14 PM
It's true it's true!!!!! LOL