PDA

View Full Version : Another Encouraging Outing...

Chisox_cali
08-16-2002, 05:12 AM
...From BIG Jon Rauch!

8IP 5H 2R 2ER 0BB 5K

I like that 0 walks figure, hopefully he's getting his control back, I don't know anything about his Velocity, maybe our minor league experts can shed some light.

Also Jon got the ND, The Scored was tied at 2 and Vining blew it in the ninth and got the loss

In his Last Three Starts Jon is 1-1 with a 2.14 ERA 4BB 21K. Looks like he'll be challenging for a spot in the rotation next season and may get it. Jon with Buehrle Garland and Wright, seems pretty good. If baseball gets past September 1st maybe we'll even see him again this season...

DVG
08-16-2002, 07:32 AM
It would be one of the most painful "what ifs" of White Sox history
if he does not make it.

Iguana775
08-16-2002, 11:22 AM
woo hoo!! go big jon!!!! :D:

hopefully there is baseball next year and Jon will be able to come up north.

duke of dorwood
08-16-2002, 12:01 PM
Jon seems poised enough to do it. He has hung in there, and maybe his stuff is back. What we dont need is for him to make the team, and put him in the bull pen

CHISOX10
08-17-2002, 05:18 PM
http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/baseball/minor_league/charlotte_knights/3884203.htm

Although (and I quote), 'Ken Vining blew it in the ninth to take the loss'...he has still been dealin all year! This guy has simply been screwed by this organization and I pray that next year he is given a legitmate shot to pitch by a team that knows what the hell their doing.