PDA

View Full Version : Embree wants a fair deal!

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 10:04 AM
This is sort of a shamless plug, but click the link to read a story I wrote where Alan Embree says he wouldn't mind getting a "fair deal".

Embree You Stink (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/sellhigh/embreeback.html)

Soxboyrob
08-09-2001, 10:39 AM
I'd like to negotiate that deal w/ Embree on behalf of the Sox.

Alan, on behalf of the Sox, I, Soxboyrob, have been dispatched here to offer you the sum of $250,000 to get on a train, plane, bus, whatever and go as far away as you possibly can and never come back or even so much as look back at the White Sox. If you choose not to accept that, then my offer will be reduced to "get the hell OFF this team!"

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Soxboyrob
I'd like to negotiate that deal w/ Embree on behalf of the Sox.

Alan, on behalf of the Sox, I, Soxboyrob, have been dispatched here to offer you the sum of $250,000 to get on a train, plane, bus, whatever and go as far away as you possibly can and never come back or even so much as look back at the White Sox. If you choose not to accept that, then my offer will be reduced to "get the hell OFF this team!"

That is exactly how I feel, but as I said in the article because he is a lefty someone will pay him.

:embree
Now who sucks?

Fisk Fan
08-09-2001, 10:55 AM
Embree deserves nothing.

He must earn what he has coming to him, and he has earned a slap in the nuts!

Tragg
08-09-2001, 11:22 AM
We don't have any lefties. At under a million, he might be okay to keep in long relief. He has allowed 1 run in 6 innnings, which is a 1.5 ERA. And recently, he has retired "that one batter" he has come in to get out.

If we're going to apologize for clayton's offensive ineptitude by pointing out his recent hot streak, why not offer the same apologetics to embree?

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
We don't have any lefties. At under a million, he might be okay to keep in long relief. He has allowed 1 run in 6 innnings, which is a 1.5 ERA. And recently, he has retired "that one batter" he has come in to get out.

First off he will want more then a million. Second Parque will be in the pen next year and Wunsch should be back. So that's 2 lefties.