PDA

View Full Version : IT'S TIME!

MarqSox
08-09-2001, 09:04 AM
To rattle off a 10 game win streak. No, I'm serious! That offensive outburst is just what we need to get hot! Even with Seattle coming up, they haven't been playing their best ball. We win the first one there, that gives us the confidence and momentum to sweep the series. We do that, then there's no reason we can't win 6 or 7 more! Guys, if we win 10 in a row, we're back to being about 3 games out with 40 to play!! This thing ain't over!

:jerry
Yeah that's true.

Fisk Fan
08-09-2001, 09:27 AM
That's a possibility, but the key is to take the final game from the Angels. If the Twinks beat the Tribe tonight and the Sox win, we have gained one full game in the race.

It definately felt good to watch that game last night. Especially after the pounding we took Tuesday night.

voodoochile
08-09-2001, 09:51 AM
I'd settle for a win or two in Seattle. They are a tough team to beat at home. It was nice to see some more fundamental hitting last night. Maggs went to right a few times, even Canseco went the other way on his first inning RBI. If the Sox keep that up and stop swinging for the fences, they can be a very dangerous offensive ball club, which would be nice because the pitchers are looking pretty good recently. Who knows where they will finish, but a win tonight is the right place to start...

One game at a time...

delben91
08-09-2001, 10:48 AM
One game at a time...

That's exactly how we, and the sox have to look at it. If you get thinking too far ahead, that'll just lead to losing today, which could lead to a streak of it's own, which would definately kill us. Just one day at a time guys, easy does it.

fado
08-09-2001, 01:50 PM
After seeing Mags hit the ball last night, I think that we are on our way to a nice winning streak. However, we have to get through Seattle first. I'd like to see the guys win two out of three. But with Mags hitting the ball the way he can, I think all the other guys feed off of that. I think the only way this can get screwed up is if JM decides to tinker with the lineup some more. What a moron!

mrwag
08-09-2001, 01:56 PM
You've got to pace yourself. Look to win the series, not sweep. Take 2-outta-3, 3-outta-4, and an occasional split and sweep and you've got yourself a contending team. I remember Hawk saying that a team will win 60 and loose 60. It's the remaining 42 games that count.