PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Hawk and DJ moment

JoseCanseco6969
08-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Anyone remember early this season when hawk and Dj started singing songs in the middle of a game? i think DJ sang "I'm proud to be an american" and hawk sang some bruce springsteen song or whatever. I died laughing after hearing that. Anyone remember that moment or have another funny moment with our awesome hawk and DJ???

HawkDJ
08-14-2002, 10:54 AM
Well this isn't funny but great moments for me are when they read 2 of my e-mails. It was my goal last year and I never got on, and I've gotten 2 this year.

FJA
08-14-2002, 01:12 PM
A game last year when DJ was talking about the city of Boston. The dialogue speaks for itself:

Hawk: I've never been to Boston.
DJ: Didn't you play in Boston?
(pause)
Hawk: I forgot.

CiscoCarlos
08-14-2002, 03:16 PM
It's not like there's anything memorably funny Hawk and DJ do, but I find myself cracking up almost every game at something DJ says--more from his tone than from his comment. He's got good comic timing.

It's a nice contrast to the north side. Caray's sidekick is more annoying than Ed McMahon. Joe's constantly doing this fake horse laugh in response to whatever Skip says--even when it's not even meant to be funny. Quite annoying.

doublem23
08-14-2002, 04:30 PM
One of the funniest moments I remember was last year... There was 1 out against the Twins and Clayton was at third and someone hit a weak pop up to Torii Hunter and Clayton tagged and got throw out by at least 30 feet...

I remember Hawk saying, "And here comes Clayton... And they're gonna get him." It was so great... You could here he just wanted to explode and let off every explicitive he knew, but he couldn't.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
One of the funniest moments I remember was last year... There was 1 out against the Twins and Clayton was at third and someone hit a weak pop up to Torii Hunter and Clayton tagged and got throw out by at least 30 feet...

I remember Hawk saying, "And here comes Clayton... And they're gonna get him." It was so great... You could here he just wanted to explode and let off every explicitive he knew, but he couldn't.

I think something similar also happened this season. I don't remember specific details, but someone made a huge baserunning mistake, and Hawk sounded like he wanted to quit and go home for the rest of the year.

rmusacch
08-14-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by FJA
A game last year when DJ was talking about the city of Boston. The dialogue speaks for itself:

Hawk: I've never been to Boston.
DJ: Didn't you play in Boston?
(pause)
Hawk: I forgot.

That is pretty funny. Plus if he never had played in Boston, he still would have broadcast a game there.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2002, 05:38 PM
I can't think of anything funny involving Hawk and DJ, but I do remember a few things from Wimpy's years as the analyst for Sox games.

Often times during games played in Anaheim, a beachball would end up on the field. Hawk would immediately blurt out, "I love beachballs." Wimpy would reply, "I hate 'em."

HawkDJ
08-14-2002, 06:38 PM
They always make me laugh every game. If it weren't for them, I don't know where I'd be. They are complete opposites like the Odd Couple. The thing about Boston reminds me of a time this year when an e-mailer asked why Hawk signed with Boston as a free agent and afterwards DJ says :yeah, why did you sign with Boston? in like a funny mean way. And then later DJ calls him a Red Sock.

It was really funny when that bird was walking across the field that one day.

sox_fan_forever
08-14-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
The thing about Boston reminds me of a time this year when an e-mailer asked why Hawk signed with Boston as a free agent and afterwards DJ says :yeah, why did you sign with Boston? in like a funny mean way. And then later DJ calls him a Red Sock.

I remember that. That was funny.

Ol Aches & Pains
08-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Sorry, I just don't get it. I never liked Harrelson, but Paciorek was OK for the most part. When he left and DJ came in, the worst baseball broadcast team I've ever heard was born. I turn off the TV sound and listen to Rooney and Farmer. They aren't perfect, but they're nowhere near as annoying as Hawk and DJ.

:DJ

Here's a Reminder - I suck.

:hawk

I love it when you analyze.

RedPinStripes
08-15-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Ol Aches & Pains
Sorry, I just don't get it. I never liked Harrelson, but Paciorek was OK for the most part. When he left and DJ came in, the worst baseball broadcast team I've ever heard was born. I turn off the TV sound and listen to Rooney and Farmer. They aren't perfect, but they're nowhere near as annoying as Hawk and DJ.

:DJ

Here's a Reminder - I suck.

:hawk

I love it when you analyze.

Well hawk has been in the booth 20 years and has not become a "legend" like other announcers. Harray carray , Jack Buck. I think it's time for some new blood in the booth.

:reinsy
Yeah right! lol

chisoxfanatic
08-16-2002, 05:40 PM
I recall a game in the beginning of this season or the end of last season where DJ said that Hawk looked sexy! I was laughing so hard I began to cry!

Heather the Redbird

Foulke You
08-16-2002, 08:00 PM
I remember a game in 2000 when DJ was reading the "Pepcid AC" trivia question and after a long pause Hawk said
"I looooooove Pepcid AC!" and after he said it DJ was laughing and asked "You do, huh?" That cracked me up.