PDA

View Full Version : Are the Sox Planning a "Paul Konerko Day/Night"?

TomBradley72
08-24-2014, 07:20 PM
Or just the lame promotion for anyone interested in watching this crappy team in September from the left center field bleachers- with about 13,000 people in the ballpark?

Wedema
08-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Or just the lame promotion for anyone interested in watching this crappy team in September from the left center field bleachers- with about 13,000 people in the ballpark?

13,000 is pushing it. But, you can sit near the blue seat where he hit his World Series grand slam!

Railsplitter
08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
The regular season ends at home September 28. That should be the day he's honored. Not only with the usual going away presents, but by wearing the regular Sox unis as well- not the throwbacks.

ricker182
08-24-2014, 09:46 PM
The regular season ends at home September 28. That should be the day he's honored. Not only with the usual going away presents, but by wearing the regular Sox unis as well- not the throwbacks.

I'll be there that day, hoping they do something for him.
IDK how many more games I can stomach though.

hoosiersoxfan
08-25-2014, 01:34 PM

I think they will do something for Paulie that Saturday the 27th. The game on the 28th is right in the middle of Bears vs Packers which will have most of the city's attention that day.

amsteel
08-25-2014, 02:15 PM
They'll do something, but they'll do the jersey retirement next year (or later) since why waste a guaranteed sell out for games that are already gonna have above average attendance from people wanting to see him for the last time. Do it some Saturday next April to put an extra 25K in the stadium.

lpneck
08-25-2014, 04:05 PM
They'll do something, but they'll do the jersey retirement next year (or later) since why waste a guaranteed sell out for games that are already gonna have above average attendance from people wanting to see him for the last time. Do it some Saturday next April to put an extra 25K in the stadium.

:o:

Love Paulie, but pretty sure you are off by a zero. Maybe 2.

My_Sox_Summer
08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
A month!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/konerko.jsp?partnerId=DFA-1684121-59199566-110548433

DumpJerry
08-26-2014, 12:26 PM
I got four 300 Level tickets for the 9/28 game at the Box Office today (paid $61.00 while Stub Hub had nearby seats for $160.00 :?:). There are plenty of seats left for Paulie's final game as a Sox player.

TomBradley72
08-26-2014, 12:45 PM
A month!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/konerko.jsp?partnerId=DFA-1684121-59199566-110548433

Just my opinion- but I think a proper send off for PK would a "Konerko Night" announced in advance to draw as big of a crowd as possible and retire his number, etc.

The Sept promo they've set up is kind of weak- it might bump a 13,000 crowd to 15,000 or something like that (if they're lucky)-

If they are planning to do that next year- I don't agree with that either.

Just my opinion-

lpneck
08-26-2014, 02:06 PM
I think there is validity to the idea that they didn't want to say a month ago that such-and-such would be Konerko's final game, when it was not impossible that the Sox could be playing a meaningful game that weekend.

You wouldn't want to say that his final game would be Sunday, and then the Sox are 1 game out on the final day, and they are facing a righty and he sits.

Or a similar situation where you say his final game is Saturday, and he is needed to pinch hit on Sunday against a loogy.

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed at this point- the Sox aren't playing a meaningful game on the final weekend of the season. Let us know if his final game is going to be Saturday or Sunday and how he is going to be honored, so people can make plans.

I want to be there for Konerko's final game, but I am an out of town fan with a family of 5, so it takes some planning for me to be there- I'd like to be able to do that.

smac38
08-26-2014, 02:21 PM
I think there is validity to the idea that they didn't want to say a month ago that such-and-such would be Konerko's final game, when it was not impossible that the Sox could be playing a meaningful game that weekend.

You wouldn't want to say that his final game would be Sunday, and then the Sox are 1 game out on the final day, and they are facing a righty and he sits.

Or a similar situation where you say his final game is Saturday, and he is needed to pinch hit on Sunday against a loogy.

I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed at this point- the Sox aren't playing a meaningful game on the final weekend of the season. Let us know if his final game is going to be Saturday or Sunday and how he is going to be honored, so people can make plans.

I want to be there for Konerko's final game, but I am an out of town fan with a family of 5, so it takes some planning for me to be there- I'd like to be able to do that.

Agreed. It's time the announce whether they're going to do something or not.

BainesHOF
08-26-2014, 06:46 PM
What more do you want them to announce? They've announced a month-long promotion involving Konerko collectibles (though I agree it's a bit lame that it's mostly for only people who buy tickets in a couple outfield sections). I was hoping the team would retire his number before the final game, and perhaps that'll happen. Who cares that there's a Bears game that day? In any case, I'll be at the final game and probably a handful of others in September to enjoy a few last Konerko at-bats in person. At the very least, he needs to start every game in the final series.

Vernam
08-26-2014, 07:32 PM
What more do you want them to announce? They've announced a month-long promotion involving Konerko collectibles (though I agree it's a bit lame that it's mostly for only people who buy tickets in a couple outfield sections). I was hoping the team would retire his number before the final game, and perhaps that'll happen. Who cares that there's a Bears game that day?

+1

Last month I picked up two September 28 front-row seats in 537, my preferred spot, from the Sox for $20 each. That will be the true end of an era. Could be hard getting home without hearing the Bears-Packers score, but as you say: Who cares?

lpneck
08-26-2014, 08:30 PM
What more do you want them to announce? They've announced a month-long promotion involving Konerko collectibles (though I agree it's a bit lame that it's mostly for only people who buy tickets in a couple outfield sections). I was hoping the team would retire his number before the final game, and perhaps that'll happen. Who cares that there's a Bears game that day? In any case, I'll be at the final game and probably a handful of others in September to enjoy a few last Konerko at-bats in person. At the very least, he needs to start every game in the final series.

I'd like them to announce that Saturday 9/27 or Sunday 9/28 will be "Paul Konerko Night/Day" and please join us in an opportunity to say goodbye and thank you to a White Sox legend and World Series hero.

I don't need to be involved in a month long promotion watching one of the worst teams in baseball. I WOULD like to be there for his final game and be there for the gifts, speech, and standing ovation he deserves and see his final at-bats.

But I want to know for sure those things are going to happen before I shell out $150 and commit my family to an 8 hour day.

ricker182
08-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I'd like them to announce that Saturday 9/27 or Sunday 9/28 will be "Paul Konerko Night/Day" and please join us in an opportunity to say goodbye and thank you to a White Sox legend and World Series hero.

I don't need to be involved in a month long promotion watching one of the worst teams in baseball. I WOULD like to be there for his final game and be there for the gifts, speech, and standing ovation he deserves and see his final at-bats.

But I want to know for sure those things are going to happen before I shell out $150 and commit my family to an 8 hour day.

Well said. The Sox should have announced this already if they were going to do it. They've royally screwed this up.
I am just planning on attending the final home game. Hopefully other fans will show up that day too to say bye to PK.

smac38
08-27-2014, 09:14 AM

This.

My luck, Ventura will sit PK on 9/28 to preserve left/righty matchups....

soxfan1965
08-27-2014, 09:24 AM
This is more than just Paul, he's the last of the 2005 team, right? There are still active players from that roster that could join the team in the future, but for all practical purposes Paul is THE last one.

Golden Sox
08-27-2014, 09:31 AM
I think its easy to say at this stage that the White Sox are not going to do anything special for Konerko the last weekend of the season. I just hope Ventura doesn't keep Konerko on the bench that last weekend.

TomBradley72
08-27-2014, 10:26 AM
I think they've missed some really good marketing opps this year-

100th Anniversary of the White Sox/Giants world tour- especially with Giants playing at the Cell this year
"Frank Thomas Day" in August (his bobblehead night)- it was hard to tell whether it was "Frank Thomas Day" (as promoted in some papers and on TV) or just his bobblehead night- we went to the game- an OK tribute video, no speech from Frank, prob should have had THAT night be the HoF plaque give away- just Frank waiving to the crowd before the game- and walking off the field
No "Paul Konerko Day"- just the silly promo for people that want to sit in the bleachers for meaningless Sept games
What a waste-

Bobby Thigpen
08-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Did any of you think that maybe they're not doing anything like what you've suggested because Konerko doesn't want it to be done?

We're not talking about an over the top narcissist here. They very well may have planned to do all you've mentioned and Paul put the hammer down on it. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did.

But, back to your regularly scheduled complaining about something and anything involving the White Sox.

Chez
08-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Did any of you think that maybe they're not doing anything like what you've suggested because Konerko doesn't want it to be done?

We're not talking about an over the top narcissist here. They very well may have planned to do all you've mentioned and Paul put the hammer down on it. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he did.

But, back to your regularly scheduled complaining about something and anything involving the White Sox.

Excellent point. Plus, I suspect that there will be a Konerko Day next summer -- likely involving retiring #14. IMO, better to do this next season rather than September (while the stench of this season is still ripe). Maybe as part of the 2005 celebration?

Milw
08-27-2014, 01:54 PM

So you think he signed off on two weeks' worth of chintzy giveaways and a section of bleachers in his honor, but that he vetoed a day in which an ex-teammate or two might make a pregame speech about him?

:rolleyes:

I guess it's a possibility, but it sure doesn't seem likelier than the Sox simply dropping the ball.

TomBradley72
08-27-2014, 02:03 PM

You might be right- but when an icon of a franchise is heading for retirement - having a "day" in his honor has been a baseball tradition for decades- and I doubt PK would specfically request NOT to do it.

The current promo is pathetic- if I'm going to see a game so I can watch Konerko one more time- I'm not going to sit out in the bleachers just to be near the blue seat from his HR in 2005

soxfan1965
08-28-2014, 01:08 PM
Robin is targeting him to play as much as possible the last weekend (Paul Konerko/2005 Championship weekend?). So Paul is trying to get into better shape since it's not easy for him to play regularly. And Robin may at best try to platoon him, against lefties, until that last weekend. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-white-sox-attendance-spt-0828-20140828-story.html

Bobby Thigpen
08-28-2014, 02:17 PM
Robin is targeting him to play as much as possible the last weekend (Paul Konerko/2005 Championship weekend?). So Paul is trying to get into better shape since it's not easy for him to play regularly. And Robin may at best try to platoon him, against lefties, until that last weekend. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/ct-white-sox-attendance-spt-0828-20140828-story.html
I realize baseball is a grind and you have to be in pretty good shape to do it over 162 games, but what kind of shape do you have to be in to play 1st base and DH over a 30 game sprint to the end of your career?

And how are you going to get in that shape now?

Milw
08-28-2014, 03:13 PM
I realize baseball is a grind and you have to be in pretty good shape to do it over 162 games, but what kind of shape do you have to be in to play 1st base and DH over a 30 game sprint to the end of your career?

And how are you going to get in that shape now?

"If they play me too much, I might demand a trade," he joked. "I don't think that's going to be a problem. It would take me a while to get in shape again. I play like two games in a row and I'm sore now."

While I don't doubt that he's actually sore after two games, I'm pretty sure he meant this tongue-in-cheek.

Domeshot17
08-28-2014, 04:13 PM
I doubt anything in the final weekend will have anything to do with 2005. You don't waste those bullets with a team this bad. Do it next year.

The goal of promotions is to try and draw interest. If you got the Cell Packed in early 2015 to remember the 2005 White Sox, you then have a chance to impress 40,000 fans with the quality of the product you currently have on the field. You may have a good deal of fans who have since abandoned ship with how bad we are, or who have flipped back to the Cubs with their group of prospects coming up. These are fans who wouldn't normally care about other promotions such as mullet night or star wars night etc.

On the flipside, if you bring them in to a bad experience and a bad a team, and they leave miserable, then who really cares if Carl Everett and Cliff Politte feel good about their night back? That is not really the goal.

ricker182
08-28-2014, 05:47 PM

Too bad. He works for the fans not himself. Who pays his salary?

Bobby Thigpen
08-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Too bad. He works for the fans not himself. Who pays his salary?
Wow. The scary thing about this is that you're serious.

Bobby Thigpen
08-28-2014, 06:42 PM
While I don't doubt that he's actually sore after two games, I'm pretty sure he meant this tongue-in-cheek.
I did not read the article. I was just basing my statement off the post I quoted.

Milw
08-29-2014, 11:11 AM
I did not read the article. I was just basing my statement off the post I quoted.

I gathered, hence my posting his full quote for you.

Wedema
09-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Special pregame tribute to Paulie on Saturday September 27:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ticketing/konerko.jsp

TomBradley72
09-03-2014, 06:31 PM

AND you even get a PK mask if you sit in the bleachers!

lame, lame, lame,lame, lame......

Wedema
09-03-2014, 06:35 PM
No mention about retiring number 14 in the press release.

thomas35forever
09-03-2014, 06:37 PM
AND you even get a PK mask if you sit in the bleachers!

lame, lame, lame,lame, lame......
Oh hush. Be glad they're doing anything at all.

On another note, that commercial was pretty cool.

MUsoxfan
09-03-2014, 06:40 PM
No mention about retiring number 14 in the press release.

I think that's a given

Wedema
09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
I think that's a given

But will it happen on the 27th or sometime next year?

MUsoxfan
09-03-2014, 07:06 PM
But will it happen on the 27th or sometime next year?

Probably the 27th, considering the number configuration painted behind home plate

amsteel
09-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Probably the 27th, considering the number configuration painted behind home plate

Why do it all when one day when you could get people to attend 2 games instead of one?

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Oh hush. Be glad they're doing anything at all.

On another note, that commercial was pretty cool.

I agree. It really irks me how Sox fans are never happy, regardless of what the organization does. The Sox have decided to honor Paulie on the 27th and not the 28th, likely to accommodate the Sox fans who double as Bears fans and couldn't care less about the Sox game on that last Sunday in September. They also announced at the end of last month that September would be Paul Konerko Month and would feature "Club Konerko," complete with special giveaways to people who purchase tickets in Sec. 158 & 159 for the remaining September home games. Since the team itself isn't marketable for the last month of the season, the organization is marketing the man who has been the face of its franchise for over 15 years with "Club Konerko" and the special giveaways. Yet, all of these things aren't good enough for some people. What do they want? A parade for Paulie that rivals the one after we won the World Series? If you don't like what's been planned for this month, just don't go to any of the remaining games.

Konerko is modest, and while he probably won't be comfortable with being in the spotlight that last weekend of the season, he can't possibly be surprised that the Sox are honoring him. Personally, I can't wait to be at each of the last two home games to give Paulie all of the love that he deserves and to take a walk down the last 16 years of memory lane.

As for the commercial, it was really awesome and almost made me cry. There's definitely going to be some tears falling from my eyes during that last weekend of the season. The season coming to an end always makes me sad, but this year is going to be different.

TDog
09-03-2014, 09:13 PM
I think that's a given

When was the last time the White Sox announced his number was being retired before he played his last game for the White Sox? Harold Baines doesn't really count. And neither does Minnie Minoso, whose No. 9 was the worn by Bee Bee Richard in 1971.

XplodingScorbord
09-03-2014, 09:17 PM
I agree. It really irks me how Sox fans are never happy, regardless of what the organization does. The Sox have decided to honor Paulie on the 27th and not the 28th, likely to accommodate the Sox fans who double as Bears fans and couldn't care less about the Sox game on that last Sunday in September. They also announced at the end of last month that September would be Paul Konerko Month and would feature "Club Konerko," complete with special giveaways to people who purchase tickets in Sec. 158 & 159 for the remaining September home games. Since the team itself isn't marketable for the last month of the season, the organization is marketing the man who has been the face of its franchise for over 15 years with "Club Konerko" and the special giveaways. Yet, all of these things aren't good enough for some people. What do they want? A parade for Paulie that rivals the one after we won the World Series? If you don't like what's been planned for this month, just don't go to any of the remaining games.

Konerko is modest, and while he probably won't be comfortable with being in the spotlight that last weekend of the season, he can't possibly be surprised that the Sox are honoring him. Personally, I can't wait to be at each of the last two home games to give Paulie all of the love that he deserves and to take a walk down the last 16 years of memory lane.

As for the commercial, it was really awesome and almost made me cry. There's definitely going to be some tears falling from my eyes during that last weekend of the season. The season coming to an end always makes me sad, but this year is going to be different.

That right there is post of the year material.

ricker182
09-03-2014, 09:22 PM

Dang. I'll be at the Black Keys concert....

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2014, 09:22 PM
That right there is post of the year material.

Thanks. I wavered on whether or not I wanted to post what I did, but I decided to say what has been on my mind for quite awhile. If I get flamed for my feelings, so be it.

XplodingScorbord
09-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Thanks. I wavered on whether or not I wanted to post what I did, but I decided to say what has been on my mind for quite awhile. If I get flamed for my feelings, so be it.

The White Sox could cure cancer, and some here would complain about their lack of concern about heart disease.

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2014, 09:41 PM
The White Sox could cure cancer, and some here would complain about their lack of concern about heart disease.

:lol: Very true!

Brian26
09-03-2014, 10:02 PM
If I get flamed for my feelings, so be it.

Don't worry, that never happens here. Just don't post that your kids listen to Radio Disney or watch Caillou.

DSpivack
09-03-2014, 10:32 PM
Damn. I'd go but I'll be outside of DC at a wedding.

chisoxfanatic
09-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Well, ok, it looks like I will probably trade in my 6/30 rainout tickets for a ticket in left field on the 27th. I haven't been to a game since September 2012, so I probably should, especially since it would be honoring Paulie.

Chez
09-04-2014, 08:03 AM
Shoot. I got tickets for the 28th (last game) hoping that would be the Paulie tribute game. Oh well.

hawkjt
09-04-2014, 04:44 PM
PK gets honored by the Twins with a giant bottle of good wine..vintage 2005, and a 10k check for his charity.

Nice. Twins are insufferable losers, but sometimes that Minnesota Nice rears its head.

salty99
09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Don't worry, that never happens here. Just don't post that your kids listen to Radio Disney or watch Caillou.

What's club konerko? What's radio Disney? What's caillou? :scratch:

#1swisher
09-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane) 11m (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/507999272785432576)

Paul Konerko

has a fracture in his hand, the sesamoid bone, and will be out at least this series. Ventura thinks he will play again.

#1swisher
09-07-2014, 12:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5HnIiCYAAIg1v.jpg

palehosepub
09-22-2014, 04:04 PM
I hope the WSI'ers come out in full force Saturday night to honor PK and that Paulie gets the big crowd and respect he that he has earned and deserves. I was surprised to see that no one has posted to this thread in a long time. I hope that it isn't an indication of apathy!

Bucky F. Dent
09-22-2014, 07:03 PM
Headed to Paulie Night on Saturday!

ChiSoxGal85
09-22-2014, 07:45 PM
Just decided today that we're going to the game to salute Paulie, and bought my tickets. For various reasons, it will be only my second game this season. I'm looking forward to it.

ChiSoxGirl
09-22-2014, 08:28 PM
We'll be at both games this weekend, and the tissues will be in my hand for Saturday when we say goodbye to Paulie. :whiner:

ChiSoxFann
09-22-2014, 09:09 PM
I have a wedding to go to on Saturday night, but I will be going to the last home game Sunday. I just hope he's in the lineup or at least gets an AB.

voodoochile
09-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Okay does anyone have any info about what time this pregame ceremony is supposed to happen? I have some great seats right behind the on-deck circle and don't want to miss things.

TomBradley72
09-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Okay does anyone have any info about what time this pregame ceremony is supposed to happen? I have some great seats right behind the on-deck circle and don't want to miss things.

I plan on being in the park by 500 at the latest- I assume they'll start by 530- and maybe first pitch will be a little later than 600pm -

voodoochile
09-23-2014, 09:37 AM
I plan on being in the park by 500 at the latest- I assume they'll start by 530- and maybe first pitch will be a little later than 600pm -

Yeah first pitch is slated at 6:10. I'm thinking ceremony will start closer to 5:45, I don't see them spending 30-minutes on it, but my goal is to be at the parking lot by 5:00 so in our seats by 5:15.

So glad I bought these tickets in August before this was announced. Seats 15 rows behind me are selling for 3X what I paid and there are only 3 of them listed. None in my section at all. :cool:

TomBradley72
09-23-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah first pitch is slated at 6:10. I'm thinking ceremony will start closer to 5:45, I don't see them spending 30-minutes on it, but my goal is to be at the parking lot by 5:00 so in our seats by 5:15.

So glad I bought these tickets in August before this was announced. Seats 15 rows behind me are selling for 3X what I paid and there are only 3 of them listed. None in my section at all. :cool:

I think they might spend a good amount of time- they are bringing back a bunch of Sox "alumni", I'm sure there will be a tribute video, time for Paulie to make his remarks, etc.

Milw
09-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Lots and lots and lots of tickets still available for face value on Ticketmaster. Don't be scared off by the Stubhub markups if you're thinking about going.

FielderJones
09-23-2014, 02:34 PM
Mrs FJ and I are planning to walk up day of the game and buy tickets. Hope to be in lower bowl and meet up with some WSIers on this momentous occasion.

ChiSoxGal85
09-23-2014, 03:04 PM

I want to get there when the gates open and enjoy the weather and the park; it's been a long 2014. I assume the gates will open the usual 1.5 hours before game time; if anyone hears otherwise, please post.

Mrs FJ and I are planning to walk up day of the game and buy tickets. Hope to be in lower bowl and meet up with some WSIers on this momentous occasion.
Yes! Let's write "WSI" on our foreheads with Sharpies so we can identify each other. :D:

Bucky F. Dent
09-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Lots and lots and lots of tickets still available for face value on Ticketmaster. Don't be scared off by the Stubhub markups if you're thinking about going.

+1 - bought mine last night and a broad variety to choose from. Frankly, a little disappointed that there were still so many available.

SBSoxFan
09-23-2014, 05:34 PM
I want to get there when the gates open and enjoy the weather and the park; it's been a long 2014. I assume the gates will open the usual 1.5 hours before game time; if anyone hears otherwise, please post.

Yes! Let's write "WSI" on our foreheads with Sharpies so we can identify each other. :D:

Maybe you should buy some of Scott Caroll's hats!

palehosepub
09-23-2014, 05:45 PM
+1 - bought mine last night and a broad variety to choose from. Frankly, a little disappointed that there were still so many available.

I picked up 2 seats in Sec 131 on Stubhub for cheap on the day the announced the ceremony. I know it is the end of a losing year and most Sox fans only go to the games if they win but it will be disappointment if we don't push 25 to 30K on Saturday. The Tribune has been promoting PK all week. The Sox have been very active in the promotion too.

voodoochile
09-23-2014, 06:36 PM

Oh I'm sure that's true, I just wanted to sit in great seats down close since it was my only home Sox game since like 2006. Diamond box and better are are gone and Stubhub is through the roof.

palehosepub
09-23-2014, 09:29 PM
I have a couple of friends who told me they would like to go stubhub is ridiculous and I checked sox website and best available was at the back of 114 so there may be a decent crowd after all .....

TomBradley72
09-24-2014, 08:14 AM
I have a couple of friends who told me they would like to go stubhub is ridiculous and I checked sox website and best available was at the back of 114 so there may be a decent crowd after all .....

Weather looks perfect through at least Sunday- hopefully a nice walk up on Saturday as well- he deserves it.

BainesHOF
09-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Comcast is saying its coverage starts at 5:30 p.m. I'd be in my seats earlier than that just in case.

beasly213
09-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Just picked up my tickets in 110. Hoping there is a big walk up on Saturday. It would be cool to see a packed house at the end of a lost season for one of the all time White Sox Greats.

WhiteSox5187
09-24-2014, 11:37 AM
I have to work on Saturday night and I'm really bummed out by that because I would love to go to this game. I hope it's a sellout.

#1swisher
09-24-2014, 12:30 PM
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane) 2m (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/514828408346255360)

White Sox announce that Hawk and Steve Stone will broadcast Saturday's game from the Club Konerko zone in section 159.

Wedema
09-24-2014, 01:06 PM
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane)2m (https://twitter.com/ChiTribKane/status/514828408346255360)

White Sox announce that Hawk and Steve Stone will broadcast Saturday's game from the Club Konerko zone in section 159.

Can Hawk see from that far away?

dakuda
09-24-2014, 06:45 PM

The real question is how far away from each other will they sit.

voodoochile
09-24-2014, 07:23 PM
:hawk:
"STRETCH!"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b2/Steve_Stone_interviews_Mike_Mullen_CROP.jpg/200px-Steve_Stone_interviews_Mike_Mullen_CROP.jpg
"Foul ball straight back and the count remains 2-2..."