PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle pushed back; Parque takes turn

Jerry_Manuel
08-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Manager Jerry Manuel made it official before tonight's game. Jim Parque will get a second start, Wednesday night against the Rangers, pushing Mark Buehrle's next start to Friday in Seattle. "We need to get a read on the other guys," Manuel said.

FanOf14
08-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Did he mean Oakland? We're not going to Seattle until next year I thought...

Also, I know they want to know if the Parque we saw will come back in his next start, but is it wise to screw around with our best pitcher's schedule?

doublem23
08-13-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by FanOf14
Did he mean Oakland? We're not going to Seattle until next year I thought...

Also, I know they want to know if the Parque we saw will come back in his next start, but is it wise to screw around with our best pitcher's schedule?

LOL!

Hey, if the team is in Oakland and JM is in Seattle, that can only improve our chances of winning.. :smile:

LongDistanceFan
08-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

i don't know, only that he wants his best pitcher to pitch against sea.

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 11:20 PM
Great. This is why i never beileve anything he says. Now SnR is going to have to do butter's game instead of Burly. :angry:

idseer
08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Great. This is why i never beileve anything he says. Now SnR is going to have to do butter's game instead of Burly. :angry:

maybe you'll get that no hit game you've been praying for!

:smile:

FanOf14
08-14-2002, 09:13 AM
LDF - We are done with seattle for the year...maybe against oakland. Even so, why knock a guy who's been doing well out of his routine?

LongDistanceFan
08-14-2002, 09:58 AM
LDF - We are done with seattle for the year...maybe against oakland. Even so, why knock a guy who's been doing well out of his routine?

oops my bad. i was thinking of something. but my reasoning is still the same.

Iwritecode
08-14-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by idseer
maybe you'll get that no hit game you've been praying for!

:smile:

C'mon idseer, the Rangers pitching staff isn't that good. I'm sure the Sox will get at least one hit...

:)

Iwritecode
08-14-2002, 10:36 AM

I don't think JR is knocking him out of routine, he is just getting an extra day of rest. That happens often throughout the season.