PDA

View Full Version : Corwin Malone

MaggPipes
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
I was over at my friends house he was watching sportscenter, and i was in the other room, he yells to me----Guess which White Sox prospect is out for the year?---- I said whatever.........and he tells me Malone tore his rotator cuff, I really started to doubt this when 30 minutes later he tells me Priest Holmes is out 4-8 weeks with a broken fore-arm that i can not find anywhere.....but as of now i want someone to tell me that Malone is not hurt....

delben91
08-13-2002, 08:28 PM
Well, this isn't definitive. However, for what it's worth, Malone didn't pitch in last night's game for Birmingham, and assuming the typical night game today, said game wouldn't have started by the time sportscenter came on. I doubt that sportscenter would report an injury to a relatively unhyped sox prospect that had happened more than a day or so ago. So it seems likely that your friend was incorrect. However, my saying it isn't likely, and someone being able to confirm that are two different things.

Oh, and another plus, I don't think Nardi has been in Birmingham lately, so that should help too!

:gulp:

Daver
08-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Malone is listed as being on the DL on the Barons roster,no other info was available.

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by daver
Malone is listed as being on the DL on the Barons roster,no other info was available.

great. :(:

Iguana775
08-13-2002, 09:34 PM
:nardi

"My evil plan of ruining all the sox arms is continuing...."

LongDistanceFan
08-13-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
I was over at my friends house he was watching sportscenter, and i was in the other room, he yells to me----Guess which White Sox prospect is out for the year?---- I said whatever.........and he tells me Malone tore his rotator cuff, I really started to doubt this when 30 minutes later he tells me Priest Holmes is out 4-8 weeks with a broken fore-arm that i can not find anywhere.....but as of now i want someone to tell me that Malone is not hurt....

oh crap, i wish i can say something worst. first strumm and now malone. DAMN

Tragg
08-13-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by daver

Hmmm - Nardi hasn't taken a trip to Birmingham recently, has he?

LongDistanceFan
08-13-2002, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

that is not even funny

delben91
08-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Here you go...

"Malone sidelined: Class AA Birmingham left-hander Corwin Malone, considered one of the White Sox' top pitching prospects, was placed on the disabled list with a tender elbow.

It's been a tough year for the 22-year-old Malone (10-7, 4.71 ERA), who allowed 10 runs in his last 9 innings before going on the DL."

From the Daily Herald (http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sox_story.asp?intID=3748341)

BuehrleACE56
08-15-2002, 09:51 AM
craptacular. @$&$%&#$%& Nardi.

delben91
08-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
craptacular. @$&$%&#$%& Nardi.

Yeah, but hopefully the problem is less serious than a torn rotator cuff would be.

LongDistanceFan
08-15-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

tragg, i am sorry about the other post, i meant that as a joke. i should have used teal.