PDA

View Full Version : What would the Flubbs do without SHAMMY?


NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-13-2002, 03:04 PM
LOL I can see it now. If Sosa leaves the Flubbs there will be a total catastrophe on the north side. Tribune Company will sell the Flubbs and they will move to Idaho because they'd get more attendance out there.

Here is the projected cronology of events.

1. Upon confirmation of Sosa signing with (insert team with stupid GM here), Chimp and Joe Carter invite Jay Moronatti on the 10th inning show & they kill themselves on the air by drinking cubbie kool-ade spiked with cyanide.

2. Coffee shops in the surrounding area are overwhelmed with flubbie trolls as they look for a new place to chat on their cell phones with a friend sitting 10 feet away.

3. The city has to hire 100 new cops to patrol the neighborhood due to hordes of people taking a leak on homes in wrigleyville because the main urinal in the area has been closed down.

4. Chairman Reinsdorf, thinking that flub refugees will convert to Sox fans & come to Comiskey, raises ticket prices 100% and lines the exterior of Comiskey with porta-johns.

:shammy

"See all the damage I can cause?"

doublem23
08-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Actually, I have the complete opposite feeling. I'm getting somewhat afraid that once the Cubs dump Sosa, Alou, McWhiff and the rest of their crap veterans, the youth they've assembled will at least make for the core of a solid team.

But then I remember its the Cubs, and they always suck. LOL!

:thankgod

duke of dorwood
08-13-2002, 03:45 PM
doublem is correct. That scenario has played out to the benefit of the former team regularly.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-13-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
doublem is correct. That scenario has played out to the benefit of the former team regularly.

Quoth Foghorn Leghorn:

"THAT WAS A JOKE SON!"

:D:

34 Inch Stick
08-14-2002, 10:38 AM
Hee Sop Choi will become the new Sammy. As a Korean, he will be the king of Lawrence Avenue. Since he doesn't speak english well, he will never say anything controversial and always be a warm fuzzy player.

I have heard that guys name for at least 3 years now and he has yet to play his first major league game. He is already a Cub favorite.

RKMeibalane
08-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Hee Sop Choi will become the new Sammy. As a Korean, he will be the king of Lawrence Avenue. Since he doesn't speak english well, he will never say anything controversial and always be a warm fuzzy player.

I have heard that guys name for at least 3 years now and he has yet to play his first major league game. He is already a Cub favorite.

Typical. Cubs fans are always saying something to effect of, "When we get Prior, Choi, Hill, Wood, Lieber, Cruz, Scooby Doo, the Kool-Aid Man, and Charlie Brown, we're gonna' be unstoppable."

What a load of crap! Cubs fans should know by now that their team will always suck. There is no hope for the team that plays in a giant urinal.

doublem23
08-14-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

I have heard that guys name for at least 3 years now and he has yet to play his first major league game. He is already a Cub favorite.

Yeah, I remember when they were all hyping up Julio Zuleta, too.

What the hell ever happened to that guy? Oh that's right, he sucks.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-14-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane


Typical. Cubs fans are always saying something to effect of, "When we get Prior, Choi, Hill, Wood, Lieber, Cruz, Scooby Doo, the Kool-Aid Man, and Charlie Brown, we're gonna' be unstoppable."

What a load of crap! Cubs fans should know by now that their team will always suck. There is no hope for the team that plays in a giant urinal.

You ever notice how every year before the season starts it's supposed to be "their year"? *****!!!