PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Webster?

delben91
08-13-2002, 10:10 AM
Hey, look at this, another thread started by Delben about a farmhand he knows nothing about!! Shocker!!

Anyway, this Anthony Webster guy in Bristol with his .353 AVG and .463 OBP. One, why's he still in Bristol, he seems to be above the competition, and two, is there any hope for him to develop into a possible leadoff man 3 years down the road? Randar, Vic (wherever you may be) Kermit, Daver, the usual suspects, your thoughts?

Randar68
08-13-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by delben91
Hey, look at this, another thread started by Delben about a farmhand he knows nothing about!! Shocker!!

Anyway, this Anthony Webster guy in Bristol with his .353 AVG and .463 OBP. One, why's he still in Bristol, he seems to be above the competition, and two, is there any hope for him to develop into a possible leadoff man 3 years down the road? Randar, Vic (wherever you may be) Kermit, Daver, the usual suspects, your thoughts?

Anthony Webster is a possible 5-tool player. He was drafted last year in the 15th round out oh HS in Tennessee. He is a little short on the power, but is Quick, agile, and has obviously displayed a potent bat. He's not a complete burner on the bases. He's listed at 6'0" and 190 pounds. The Appy League is somewhat of a hitter's league, so take it for what it's worth. There are 5 players with higher averages than his .352 (but he is second in OBP)

delben91
08-13-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Anthony Webster is a possible 5-tool player.

Dost my eyes deceive?!?! Randar, on top of things as always.

Randar68
08-13-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by delben91

Dost my eyes deceive?!?! Randar, on top of things as always.

Always eager to rave about the youngsters...

doublem23
08-13-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Always eager to rave about the youngsters...

Who's names aren't Josh Paul and Aaron Rowand, right? :smile:

Hey, all right... 5001 posts... I'm a High Preist!

(Now THERE'S irony!)

Randar68
08-13-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Who's names aren't Josh Paul and Aaron Rowand, right? :smile:

Hey, all right... 5001 posts... I'm a High Preist!

(Now THERE'S irony!)

*****! You got that right!

Maybe I should have qualified it as "talented youngsters". That would clearly have removed their names from consideration.

Congrats on High-Priesthood! Hide the little boys!

duke of dorwood
08-13-2002, 01:17 PM
What position does he play?

Randar68
08-13-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
What position does he play?

CF