PDA

View Full Version : KW's short lived baseball career.

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 06:45 AM
He actually looked like he had a chance to be decent in 87. (offensivly) I remember watching him in the field though. ouch! what a hack!

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/player.php?p=willike02

DVG
08-13-2002, 06:53 AM
I'll be honest. I remember him in 1987 and thinking he was a
future star. I also predicted that Todd Ritchie would lead the
team in wins this year, so it just goes to show you what I know.

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm pretty sure they moved Vance Law out of town to make room for little kenny. Disgusting!

hsc1
08-13-2002, 01:17 PM
one can only wish his managing career is shorter lived......

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by hsc1

:reinsy
Leave my Kenny alone! Who's gonna take care of him if he don't work for the Sox?

hold2dibber
08-13-2002, 03:42 PM
What I most remember about KW as a player was that he was (and presumably still is) the brother of One Hit Wonder Denise Williams, who sang "Let's Hear It For The Boy," which was a pretty big hit song off of the Footloose soundtrack in the mid- to late '80s. Or at least that was the rumor - anyone know if it's true?

hsc1
08-13-2002, 05:11 PM
Leave my Kenny alone! Who's gonna take care of him if he don't work for the Sox?

im sure uncle sam will take good care of kenny when he hits the unemployment line......lol :D:

DVG
08-14-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'm pretty sure they moved Vance Law out of town to make room for little kenny. Disgusting!

Actually Vance Law was traded to Montreal after 1984 for Bob
James. I think the Sox 3rd baseman in 1985 was Tim Hullett.

Procol Harum
08-14-2002, 07:03 PM

My sentiments exactly--too bad he couldn't have washed out in Legion Ball....

RKMeibalane
08-14-2002, 07:38 PM

Unfortunately, Ken Williams will be around as long as Reinsdorf is still angry with Sox fans.

If there's one thing everyone here understands about JR, it is that he uses Comiskey Park attendance records, as opposed to the Sox's won/loss record, as a reference when making personel moves within the organization.

The Sox could win a World Series, but if attendance still sagged, JR would probably order KW to break up the team as a form of punishment for the fans who stayed away.

"You're damn right, Ravi. I don't care about winning and losing, at least not in baseball. I care about attendance, because high attendance means I will make more money. That is what motivates me when I have to get out of bed each morning. That is what America is about!"

CubKilla
08-15-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

Unfortunately, Ken Williams will be around as long as Reinsdorf is still angry with Sox fans.

If there's one thing everyone here understands about JR, it is that he uses Comiskey Park attendance records, as opposed to the Sox's won/loss record, as a reference when making personel moves within the organization.

The Sox could win a World Series, but if attendance still sagged, JR would probably order KW to break up the team as a form of punishment for the fans who stayed away.

"You're damn right, Ravi. I don't care about winning and losing, at least not in baseball. I care about attendance, because high attendance means I will make more money. That is what motivates me when I have to get out of bed each morning. That is what America is about!"

You forgot to add that extremely low attendance results in tax breaks and money incentives from the Illinois Athletic Commission that allows JR and the White Sox to play in Comiskey "rent free" at the expense of us..... the people who paid for JR's stadium. :D:

RedPinStripes
08-15-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla

You forgot to add that extremely low attendance results in tax breaks and money incentives from the Illinois Athletic Commission that allows JR and the White Sox to play in Comiskey "rent free" at the expense of us..... the people who paid for JR's stadium. :D:

JR is such a sleeze ball. I can't believe he got away with that deal on the state.

Foulke You
08-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

JR is such a sleeze ball. I can't believe he got away with that deal on the state.

Of course, it helps that Reinsy was using Florida (and Tropicana Field, I believe) as leverage as he jammed the New Comiskey down the state legislature at the 11th hour while holding Sox fans hostage as he threatened to move the team after 90 years in Chicago. Of course his bold move worked and he gained state approval for his sweet publicly funded deal with all the trimmings. And we're supposed to believe that businessmen like Reinsdorf who are this smart and shrewd are "losing money" by the truckload as Bud Selig says?

"I don't know what you're talking about! We can't afford the payroll we have now. We're poor! Poor I tell you. Did I mention how lousy attendance is?"

LukyBoysConfusin
08-16-2002, 09:55 PM
I know KW's son plays CF for Plainfield HS...