PDA

View Full Version : Flubs lose, but...

cheeses_h_rice
08-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Sham-ME still gets a standing "O" from the drunks...

"But with Oswalt out of the game, Sosa worked rookie reliever Ricky Stone to a 1-1 count in the seventh. He then sent the next pitch soaring over the left-field fence.

Cubs fans gave him a standing ovation, continuing to applaud until he popped out of the dugout for a curtain call.

:nandrolone

Ah, playing at Coors and Wrigley when the games don't count anymore -- garbage time is Sammy Time!!!

Tragg
08-13-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
garbage time is Sammy Time!!!

LOL - I love it!

CubKilla
08-13-2002, 11:22 AM
No mention in that article about Bagwell's bomb? Not only was Bagwell's HR hit harder than ShamME's, but it reached McGwire altitiude before hitting the tan apartment building on Waveland. Bagwell's HR also put the Astros up 2-0. Bagwell..... one of my all time favorite "CubKillas."

doublem23
08-13-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
No mention in that article about Bagwell's bomb? Not only was Bagwell's HR hit harder than ShamME's, but it reached McGwire altitiude before hitting the tan apartment building on Waveland. Bagwell's HR also put the Astros up 2-0. Bagwell..... one of my all time favorite "CubKillas."

Jeff didn't save baseball, CK, now did he? :)

CubKilla
08-13-2002, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

You're right. I'm sorry. You'd think I'd know better by now. LOL.

cheeses_h_rice
08-13-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Plus he plays for a winning team.

That is, like, so uncool.

alohafri
08-14-2002, 10:27 AM
A standing O for an egotistical, 2-faced steroid-infested excuse for a ballplayer. How typical of scrub fans. And the sheep still adore him after he threatens to leave the scrubs. The scrub fans have reached a new low, something I thought they couldn't do.

--from Mrs. Aloha

CubKilla
08-14-2002, 02:12 PM
You should have seen the sheep 180 on one Todd Hundley AB that same game. They booed him pretty bad for comments he made about Cub fans over the weekend during his first 2 AB's. Then he hits a HR on his third AB and all is forgiven. Think Choice would get the same treatment on the Southside if he bad mouthed the fans but hit a HR in one AB? I don't think so.

Don't take this as a shot on Royce Choice-backers. I'm just using him as an example. :D:

Foulke You
08-14-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

Plus he plays for a winning team.

That is, like, so uncool.

Yeah, and don't forget that Bagwell doesn't do bunny hops, blow kisses, shuffle step his feet and take curtain calls after every homer. This is what wins the heart of "baseball's greatest fans".