PDA

View Full Version : Look for me in Texas!

HootieMcBoob
08-13-2002, 12:27 AM
Me and my dad are flying to Dallas at 6:00 AM on Wednesday (yes, we really are THAT big of baseball freaks, haha) to see the Sox and Rangers.

I'll be wearing my '85 Fisk jersey and we'll be holding our big Sox flag.

And also, we're staying in the Sox' hotel, so hopefully I'll get a ton of autographs as they walk thru the lobby.

Look for me, and Go Sox!

-Hootie (Rob S.)

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 12:42 AM
ROCK ON!!

Too bad I don't get any of those games, Stupid MLB Extra Innings.

LongDistanceFan
08-13-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Me and my dad are flying to Dallas at 6:00 AM on Wednesday (yes, we really are THAT big of baseball freaks, haha) to see the Sox and Rangers.

I'll be wearing my '85 Fisk jersey and we'll be holding our big Sox flag.

And also, we're staying in the Sox' hotel, so hopefully I'll get a ton of autographs as they walk thru the lobby.

Look for me, and Go Sox!

-Hootie (Rob S.)

have a great time.

SoxFan14
08-13-2002, 09:56 AM
When the Sox go on the road, how do you know which hotels they stay at?

Also, does anyone know of any favorite hangouts the players like to go to after games or on off days?

steff
08-13-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by SoxFan14
When the Sox go on the road, how do you know which hotels they stay at?

Also, does anyone know of any favorite hangouts the players like to go to after games or on off days?

The hotels are listed in the Media Guide.
As for where they go after the games.. usually the bars on Rush, Division, or State Street.
Off days.. golf at Seven Bridges.

SoxFan14
08-13-2002, 02:56 PM
How do you know where the guys hang out Steff? Do you run into them a lot? If so, I envy you.

steff
08-13-2002, 03:00 PM
How do you know where the guys hang out Steff? Do you run into them a lot? If so, I envy you.

#1 - I must plead the 5th :D:
#2 - You could say that

Don't envy anything... they put their pants on one legg at a time just like you and I..

sox_fan_forever
08-13-2002, 03:17 PM
I Like Steff. She always knows all the inside info... :cool:

steff
08-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
I Like Steff. She always knows all the inside info... :cool:

LOL Sox Fan.. it's all about being in the right place at the right time..

SoxFan14
08-13-2002, 03:59 PM
Okay, Steff, not you've got me curious. Are you a wife or girlfriend of one of the players?

Cheryl
08-13-2002, 04:44 PM
Well I want to hear the puking on Chuck Tanner story.

Soxboyrob
08-13-2002, 05:06 PM

Why the envy? I pity just about anyone that has to spend more than passing time w/ baseball players. Very many of them are very borish and/or narcistic. I just want these guys to hit and field the ball. Spending time with them is not in my equation.

SoxFan14
08-13-2002, 05:12 PM
Well I would love to meet some of the players outside of Comiskey Park sometime. I think it would be great to talk baseball with them or get to know them as people and not just "baseball players." I have a friend who hung out with Paul Konerko and some other players last year and I was totally envious.