PDA

View Full Version : Felix The Cat

Chisox_cali
08-12-2002, 10:38 PM
Pitched today for the Barons, his line:

6IP 4H 1R 2BB 7K

Not to Shabby, Joe Valentine got his 31st Save, he's 5 saves away from tieing Ed Almonte's SL Record of 36 set last season. Man Valentine and Almonte are having a little one-ups- men-ship thing going on. I'm excited to see what they would do in the Sox bullpen... :smile:

doublem23
08-13-2002, 12:38 AM
Well, I don't know... but I've heard that Almonte is just a Foulke clone... Granted, I still think Keith will bounce back, but we've seen his troubles recently.

I know nothing about Valentine, however... Anyone know what he features?

And how many games left do the Barons have? Does he have a legitimate chance of breaking the record?

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Well, I don't know... but I've heard that Almonte is just a Foulke clone... Granted, I still think Keith will bounce back, but we've seen his troubles recently.

I know nothing about Valentine, however... Anyone know what he features?

And how many games left do the Barons have? Does he have a legitimate chance of breaking the record?

I was once in the same position as you :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13280&highlight=Valentine

doublem23
08-13-2002, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

I was once in the same position as you :D:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13280&highlight=Valentine

Ahh, yes... Kermit to the rescue.

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 12:56 AM

Ahh, yes... Kermit to the rescue.

Where would we be without or Minor League "Three Musketeers" of Vic Randar and Kermie?

Nowhere, well, somewhere, but at least we wouldnt know about prospects :smile:

doublem23
08-13-2002, 01:00 AM

Where would we be without or Minor League "Three Musketeers" of Vic Randar and Kermie?

Speaking of which, where the hell as Vic been lately, anyways? Am I just selectively not reading threads that he's posted in, or has he not been around for seemingly ever?

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 01:03 AM

Speaking of which, where the hell as Vic been lately, anyways? Am I just selectively not reading threads that he's posted in, or has he not been around for seemingly ever?

Yeah I've noticed that too, where the hell is that Freakin Cubs Troll?!?! :D:

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 01:49 AM
i wonder if Almonte and Valentin are going to be bullpen guys under royce ring? They drafted him as a closer which is odd. They prolly plan to use him there.

doublem23
08-13-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
i wonder if Almonte and Valentin are going to be bullpen guys under royce ring? They drafted him as a closer which is odd. They prolly plan to use him there.

Well, again, you'll have to ask our minor league experts, but from what I've heard and read, Almonte is NOT a future MLB closer. I think Ring is expected to be our CIT (Closer-In-Training), assuming Foulke doesn't find his magic.

But the old baseball adage rings true... You can never have too much pitching.

RedPinStripes
08-13-2002, 01:58 AM

Well, again, you'll have to ask our minor league experts, but from what I've heard and read, Almonte is NOT a future MLB closer. I think Ring is expected to be our CIT (Closer-In-Training), assuming Foulke doesn't find his magic.

But the old baseball adage rings true... You can never have too much pitching.

I wouldn't be surprised to see foulke gone by january. They're getting their hopes up for him to show boat a little to dump his salary.

:KW
Uncle Jerry don't like expensive pitchers. Never cross uncle jerry with his money.

hold2dibber
08-13-2002, 09:51 AM

Daver also seems to know quite a bit about the minor league guys, too (and weren't there actually four "Three Muskateers"? I never understood that).

hold2dibber
08-13-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I wouldn't be surprised to see foulke gone by january. They're getting their hopes up for him to show boat a little to dump his salary.

:KW
Uncle Jerry don't like expensive pitchers. Never cross uncle jerry with his money.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Sox are looking to dump Foulke. Hell, they dumped Howry and he was making about 1/3 of what Foulke makes. They have Marte, Osuna (yikes!), Almonte, Valentine and Ring all waiting in the wings for a chance to close and they're in salary dumping mode. Plus Foulke has struggled this year. And now they're talking about letting him close some games again - seems obvious to me that they're doing so to showcase him for a trade. I heard he cleared waivers - if so, he might be gone before Sept. 1. Sigh.

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

(and weren't there actually four "Three Muskateers"? I never understood that).

It's the same as that Baker's Dozen=13 Crap :smile: