PDA

View Full Version : Hell Yeah! No Josh Paul For Us!

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 07:37 AM
From the Sun Times:
Sandy Alomar Jr. generated enough power to pound a three-run home run Wednesday night, but when it came to rounding the bases, the White Sox' catcher couldn't hide the pain in his right knee.

Alomar hobbled around the bases on the third-inning home run during the Sox' 15-1 thrashing of the Anaheim Angels and was immediately removed from the game.

He was put on the 15-day disabled list after the game and the Sox purchased the contract of catcher Mark Dalesandro, the former Illinois and St. Ignatius High School star who will join the team tonight. Class AAA Charlotte catcher Josh Paul, who opened the season with the Sox, has been on the disabled list because of back spasms.

Paulwny
08-09-2001, 07:42 AM
That's a surprise. Paul has to figure his chances of making back to the bigs with the sox is nil.

JM, I'm nosy , how many hrs. of sleep do you get?

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
JM, I'm nosy , how many hrs. of sleep do you get?

I would say about 4 hours.

Paulwny
08-09-2001, 08:11 AM
More power to ya. I'd be exhausted by the end of the day.

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Paulwny
More power to ya. I'd be exhausted by the end of the day.

Yeah but I'm sure you have a job to go to.
I don't so I can sleep in whenever I want.

Iguana775
08-09-2001, 09:07 AM
it must be nice, jerry. :)

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Iguana775
it must be nice, jerry. :)

You would think so, but having some money would be nice.

OfficerKarkovice
08-09-2001, 11:17 AM
Anybody have some stats on this guy? I cant say I have ever heard of him. He has to be better than Josh Paul.

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Anybody have some stats on this guy? I cant say I have ever heard of him. He has to be better than Josh Paul.

This was posted earlier:
There are 2 other catchers for Charlotte. Mark Dalesandro and Creighton Gubanich. The link has International League stats. Scroll down to Charlotte(its alphabetical). Gubanich is batting 204 as a catcher and 234 as a DH. I don't think he's better than Paul. Dalesandro is batting 249, that's better than Josh Paul's 241. And they can't use the local boy thing either. Dalesandro is from Chicago.

On a funny note Jeff Barry is 1 for 1 with a single at AAA. That would be funny if he does better than the Berry we should've had.

AAA Stats (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbm3/sbm3iib.htm)

rmusacch
08-09-2001, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

You would think so, but having some money would be nice.

Then why not get a job?

rmusacch
08-09-2001, 11:31 AM

This was posted earlier:
There are 2 other catchers for Charlotte. Mark Dalesandro and Creighton Gubanich. The link has International League stats. Scroll down to Charlotte(its alphabetical). Gubanich is batting 204 as a catcher and 234 as a DH. I don't think he's better than Paul. Dalesandro is batting 249, that's better than Josh Paul's 241. And they can't use the local boy thing either. Dalesandro is from Chicago.

On a funny note Jeff Barry is 1 for 1 with a single at AAA. That would be funny if he does better than the Berry we should've had.

AAA Stats (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/sbm3/sbm3iib.htm)

Dalesandro is a south side guy too. Paul was a north sider.

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Then why not get a job?

I am going to get one just not during the summer.
Thanks for caring.

rmusacch
08-09-2001, 11:35 AM

I am going to get one just not during the summer.
Thanks for caring.

That is cool but don't bitch about not having any money. Summer is primo time to get a job. Sorry for being a buttinski.