PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com SportsCenter Poll

whitesoxwilkes
08-12-2002, 09:43 PM
ESPN.com currently running a poll on what under 25-yr-old pitcher you;d most like to have as your #1 starter. Choices are Buehrle, Zito, Oswalt, Mulder and 2 Flubs: Wood and "Jesus" Prior. Buehrle is WAY behind...get on there and show the kid some love!

voodoochile
08-12-2002, 10:08 PM
How the heck can Prior be pulling down so much of the vote? What has this kid done to merit that kind of support?

Wood is fast becoming too old for this poll.

I am at least pleased that Zito is winning. He is the most logical choice, IMO, with Burly-Mon being a close second...

HawkDJ
08-12-2002, 10:26 PM
I voted for Buehrle just because I'm biased but in all honesty I think Zito and Buehrle are really close and I'm going to give the edge to Zito. Here is my list:

1. Zito
2. Buehrle
3. Oswalt
4. Prior
5. Mulder
6. Wood

Maybe Prior will be great one day but so far he hasn't done enough to win this vote.

rmusacch
08-12-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I voted for Buehrle just because I'm biased but in all honesty I think Zito and Buehrle are really close and I'm going to give the edge to Zito. Here is my list:

1. Zito
2. Buehrle
3. Oswalt
4. Prior
5. Mulder
6. Wood

Maybe Prior will be great one day but so far he hasn't done enough to win this vote.

I agree with you on Zito.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
ESPN.com currently running a poll on what under 25-yr-old pitcher you;d most like to have as your #1 starter. Choices are Buehrle, Zito, Oswalt, Mulder and 2 Flubs: Wood and "Jesus" Prior. Buehrle is WAY behind...get on there and show the kid some love!

The Flubbie trolls must be all over the ESPN board for him to even get a handful of votes. Freekin losers.

HawkDJ
08-12-2002, 11:38 PM
Which reminds me, how can Kerry Wood be here and not AJ Burnett? Is this guy the most underrated pitcher in baseball?? I mean think about it. He is 11-9, which isn't too shabby for the Marlins with a 3.41 era. He is 3rd in the league in strikeouts. I'd take him any day in front of Wood.

doublem23
08-13-2002, 01:44 AM
Isn't Wood still like in the Top 3 in the NL of BB/IP or something, still.

I would say that I'd take Zito (barely) over Buehrle... Its curveballs like that that sometimes make me glad I don't play ball any more. Yikes.

voodoochile
08-13-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

The Flubbie trolls must be all over the ESPN board for him to even get a handful of votes. Freekin losers.

You mean some people on the Internet will go out of their way to rig meaningless polls just so their players or team gets the win? Shocked I am, sir... shocked I say...

:D:

Don't discount the effect of the Tribune's national reach in helping Prior's standing either. They've been hyping him since before they drafted him when it became clear that the Twins were going to draft the Minnesota catcher for monetary reasons...

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
Isn't Wood still like in the Top 3 in the NL of BB/IP or something, still.

I would say that I'd take Zito (barely) over Buehrle... Its curveballs like that that sometimes make me glad I don't play ball any more. Yikes.

But what if you could have them combined.... Bark Zuehrle? :D:

voodoochile
08-13-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

But what if you could have them combined.... Bark Zuehrle? :D:

Better than Marry Bito I guess...

Chisox_cali
08-13-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Better than Marry Bito I guess...

yeah I thought about that one and it just didn't sound right :D:
Zuehrle sounds cooler anyway, It's almost like Surly :smile: What the hell am I talking about?!?!?! :?: