PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 7/11 Screw Nick Swisher Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
07-11-2014, 09:26 PM
Why is it always him when we play him?

SoxSpeed22
07-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Noesi might be salvageable as a reliever, but that might be it. I was pleased to see Webb do well.
But yeah, screw Swisher.

tstrike2000
07-11-2014, 09:37 PM
For next year, Hahn might be able to get away with replacing only half the pitching staff.

Golden Sox
07-11-2014, 09:42 PM
It doesn't take a baseball expert to see that L. Garcia can't hit. He is completely overmatched. The only thing he can do offensively is run. He's one of the fastest guys in baseball today. There's an old saying in baseball," You can't steal first base". Has he ever considered to learn how to bunt?. With his speed he could become a weapon on the basepaths if he ever got on base. If he became a good bunter like Nellie Fox he could be of some use to this team. As it stands now, he is useless to the White Sox.

Brian26
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
This is neither here nor there, but I was going through some old baseball cards with my little guy tonight, and we noticed Mike Caruso (#17) and Adrien Nieto (#17) are the exact same guy. Somewhere in Cuba, human cloning has begun.

Noneck
07-11-2014, 09:46 PM
It doesn't take a baseball expert to see that L. Garcia can't hit. He is completely overmatched. The only thing he can do offensively is run. He's one of the fastest guys in baseball today. There's an old saying in baseball," You can't steal first base". Has he ever considered to learn how to bunt?. With his speed he could become a weapon on the basepaths if he ever got on base. If he became a good bunter like Nellie Fox he could be of some use to this team. As it stands now, he is useless to the White Sox.

He fills the need for a utility guy while others are being weened in the minors for the future. L. Garcia is here currently to fill a void and has no future with the Sox.

Crestani
07-11-2014, 10:00 PM
He fills the need for a utility guy while others are being weened in the minors for the future. L. Garcia is here currently to fill a void and has no future with the Sox.

I do not understand why he doesn't at least try to bunt once or twice a game, when he is playing..??

Noneck
07-11-2014, 10:25 PM
[/U][/B]I do not understand why he doesn't at least try to bunt once or twice a game, when he is playing..??

Probably because hes not good at it.

Tragg
07-11-2014, 10:47 PM
I'd certainly like to see Nieto play more than once every 5 games.

StillMissOzzie
07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
I'd certainly like to see Nieto play more than once every 5 games.

Me too. Get a real starting catcher, keep Nieto as the backup, and send T-Flo packing.

SMO
:gulp:

Tragg
07-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Me too. Get a real starting catcher, keep Nieto as the backup, and send T-Flo packing.

SMO
:gulp:

They'll get another catching prospect, maybe. A good starting catcher will cost too much; no more trading for average players, please. Nieto may develop well anyway. He was well regarded.

wxkid23
07-11-2014, 11:59 PM
Swisher sucks. All of Cleveland sucks. Clown show there today

XplodingScorbord
07-12-2014, 08:53 AM
This is neither here nor there, but I was going through some old baseball cards with my little guy tonight, and we noticed Mike Caruso (#17) and Adrien Nieto (#17) are the exact same guy. Somewhere in Cuba, human cloning has begun.

Human cloning has begun, and they started with Mike Caruso?!?!?

#1swisher
07-12-2014, 10:29 AM
Ventura pulled Noesi after allowing six runs on seven hits in 4 2/3 innings. He walked four and fanned four.
A problem with his fastball release point, which Noesi had fixed earlier in the season, contributed to the most runs allowed by a White Sox starter since July 1 against the Angels.

Bucky F. Dent
07-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Every time Nick Swisher drives in a run a puppy is run over by a train.

hawkjt
07-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Ventura pulled Noesi after allowing six runs on seven hits in 4 2/3 innings. He walked four and fanned four.
A problem with his fastball release point, which Noesi had fixed earlier in the season, contributed to the most runs allowed by a White Sox starter since July 1 against the Angels.

I still like Noesi....he is a #4 or #5 starter, so he will have some hiccups.
He has been very good of late, but has those bad control innings.

Swisher is hitting .205...but vs Sox he does much better...just a bum.

Alexei's missed swipe tag was the turning point.....not good.

Bobby Thigpen
07-12-2014, 11:08 AM
But I'm sure it's a Moneyball impressive .205. Besides, had he not been screwed over by Ozzie I'm sure he'd be hitting his normal avg of .750 by now...

slavko
07-12-2014, 11:17 AM
I still like Noesi....he is a #4 or #5 starter, so he will have some hiccups.
He has been very good of late, but has those bad control innings.

Alexei's missed swipe tag was the turning point.....not good.

He has a history of missed tags, although you don't see it much recently.

But I'm sure it's a Moneyball impressive .205. Besides, had he not been screwed over by Ozzie I'm sure he'd be hitting his normal avg of .750 by now...

In his defense, he was being played out-of-position and being batted leadoff. In Ozzie's defense, he was playing what he had. That leaves Kenny to blame. Works for me.

cv sox fan
07-12-2014, 01:32 PM
screwed over by ozzie? all that bum did was sit and pout cause he was benched he batted like .200 down the stretch in a division race at least ozzie had a enough guts to do that. I remember him costing Gavin Floyd a no hitter because he couldn't read a fly ball in center than dove like 6 feet short of it. he's always been a bum

Bobby Thigpen
07-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Guess I should have used teal.