PDA

View Full Version : Barons sweep doubleheader

Tavarin
08-11-2002, 11:43 PM
They beat 1st place West Tenn 4-3 and 2-1. Joe Valentine got saves in both games, and now has 30.

Barons are now 1 game back of West Tenn, but in 4th in the Western Division of the Southern League, 1/2 game behind both Huntsville and Mobile.

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
They beat 1st place West Tenn 4-3 and 2-1. Joe Valentine got saves in both games, and now has 30.

Barons are now 1 game back of West Tenn, but in 4th in the Western Division of the Southern League, 1/2 game behind both Huntsville and Mobile.

Man Valentine is a freakin Save Machine! I like it. :smile:

duke of dorwood
08-12-2002, 07:58 AM
Foulke's days are numbered.

:keith

I'm tired of being Tinkered too

MarkEdward
08-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Man Valentine is a freakin Save Machine! I like it. :smile:

Which publication rated our farm system 30th? That can't be right. Off the top of my head, I can name 5 worse farm systems: Milwaukee, Anaheim, KC, Detroit, and Tampa Bay. I can probably name more, too.

delben91
08-12-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

Which publication rated our farm system 30th? That can't be right. Off the top of my head, I can name 5 worse farm systems: Milwaukee, Anaheim, KC, Detroit, and Tampa Bay. I can probably name more, too.

I'm pretty sure it was baseball weekly. I'd bet they were basing it on current statistical performance of our farm hands and not potential. Even so, no way we'd be worst farm system in baseball.