PDA

View Full Version : Honel Pitches well again....

Randar68
08-11-2002, 11:20 PM
3-2 Kannapolis win tonight, Box Score has not been released yet. Will post when available.

Daver
08-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Randar,do you have any idea why Kris was not moved to Winston-Salem?

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by daver

Royce Ring was drafted a year later and he already beat Kris there.

Daver
08-11-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Royce was drafted out of college,I am not surprised he went straight to high A,Kris was a HS player,he should have gone to instructional leauge,but I expected him to get moved to high A at midseason.

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 11:48 PM

Royce was drafted out of college,I am not surprised he went straight to high A,Kris was a HS player,he should have gone to instructional leauge,but I expected him to get moved to high A at midseason.

Well he's definately dominating the Sally League, I would have expected him to get a call-up to the Warthogs

Randar68
08-12-2002, 12:58 AM

To answer your question, no, I have no clue, we'd have to ask Lenny about that one. He is the one of the top 5 pitchers in all of A ball, IMO. He is still on a strict pitch count, and indications at the start of the season from the club was that they'd like him to pitch a whole year at Kannapolis. However, I don't know if they were counting on this level of success this early. I would have thought the recent rash of callups from Charlotte would have had enough of the people above him moving up to clear the way for him at Winston-Salem.

On a related note, the info I have seen has the Wyatt move from Winston-Salem to AAA as a "permanent" move. Have you seen/heard anything more definitive?

RedPinStripes
08-12-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Might be because he was going to have albow surgury over last winter and never did. He has had some soreness. I don't think anything major though.

Chisox_cali
08-12-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

To answer your question, no, I have no clue, we'd have to ask Lenny about that one. He is the one of the top 5 pitchers in all of A ball, IMO. He is still on a strict pitch count, and indications at the start of the season from the club was that they'd like him to pitch a whole year at Kannapolis. However, I don't know if they were counting on this level of success this early. I would have thought the recent rash of callups from Charlotte would have had enough of the people above him moving up to clear the way for him at Winston-Salem.

On a related note, the info I have seen has the Wyatt move from Winston-Salem to AAA as a "permanent" move. Have you seen/heard anything more definitive?

Man he's gotta be on the futures team next year, doesn't he? They had A ball guys there If I remember correctly, and it would be perfect him pitching in front of the home town at Comiskey

Randar68
08-12-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Might be because he was going to have albow surgury over last winter and never did. He has had some soreness. I don't think anything major though.

Kris was never going to have surgery in any difinitive way. He had tendinitis. A lot of that came from his slight build. He needs to strengthen his upper body (well, legs for that matter too) in order to avoid that type of discomfort/condition. Rest and taking some time off from his regular throwing program solved the problem. Last year was the most he had ever thrown in one year. This year, he'll throw even more, thus the strict pitch count. They are handling him carefully, but I would not venture to say he was on the verge of surgury. it was an outside option if all else failed.

RedPinStripes
08-12-2002, 02:33 AM

Kris was never going to have surgery in any difinitive way. He had tendinitis. A lot of that came from his slight build. He needs to strengthen his upper body (well, legs for that matter too) in order to avoid that type of discomfort/condition. Rest and taking some time off from his regular throwing program solved the problem. Last year was the most he had ever thrown in one year. This year, he'll throw even more, thus the strict pitch count. They are handling him carefully, but I would not venture to say he was on the verge of surgury. it was an outside option if all else failed.

That sounds a little more accurate then the way i posted it. I know they were talking about it, but not too seriously.

Randar68
08-12-2002, 11:34 AM
Official line for Last night:

7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K...

He got a no decision...

delben91
08-12-2002, 12:57 PM
0 BB, 5 K...

Always like to see a ratio like that.

DVG
08-13-2002, 06:55 AM