PDA

View Full Version : Stumm back on DL


Randar68
08-11-2002, 11:14 PM
8/6/02
SORE SHOULDER SIDELINES STUMM

The Kannapolis Intimidators announced today the Chicago White Sox have placed RHP Jason Stumm on the Disabled List due to a sore shoulder. The 21-year old is 0-1 this season with a 2.25 ERA in 22 appearances with the Intimidators. LHP Craig Szado has been activated from the Disabled List to replace Stumm. Szado is 4-9 this year with a 3.82 ERA in 23 appearances.

The Intimidators are in the midst of a four game series with the Capital City Bombers as part of an eight game road trip against S.A.L. Southern Division opponents. Kannapolis crushed the Bombers last night 8-2 in the first game of the series. The club returns home on Wednesday, August 15th hosting the South Georgia Waves at 7:05pm.

LongDistanceFan
08-11-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
8/6/02
SORE SHOULDER SIDELINES STUMM

The Kannapolis Intimidators announced today the Chicago White Sox have placed RHP Jason Stumm on the Disabled List due to a sore shoulder. The 21-year old is 0-1 this season with a 2.25 ERA in 22 appearances with the Intimidators. LHP Craig Szado has been activated from the Disabled List to replace Stumm. Szado is 4-9 this year with a 3.82 ERA in 23 appearances.

The Intimidators are in the midst of a four game series with the Capital City Bombers as part of an eight game road trip against S.A.L. Southern Division opponents. Kannapolis crushed the Bombers last night 8-2 in the first game of the series. The club returns home on Wednesday, August 15th hosting the South Georgia Waves at 7:05pm.


ahhh crap.
didn't he have surgery on that shoulder?

MaggPipes
08-12-2002, 10:23 AM
no, i think he had tommy john

LongDistanceFan
08-12-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
no, i think he had tommy john

and wasn't that the same shoulder.

delben91
08-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan


and wasn't that the same shoulder.

Probably the same arm, but I thought tommy john was on a different part of the arm, elbow region? and not the elbow. This is coming from an engineering major though, and I've been told I don't know my elbow from my ***. Now how would that be for a bad surgical procedure :D:

LongDistanceFan
08-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by delben91


Probably the same arm, but I thought tommy john was on a different part of the arm, elbow region? and not the elbow. This is coming from an engineering major though, and I've been told I don't know my elbow from my ***. Now how would that be for a bad surgical procedure :D:

you know what, i may be wrong on this myself. after thinking it over, i thought it might have been a torn labrum(sp). don't listen to me, i am really confuse now.

:D:

TornLabrum
08-12-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan


you know what, i may be wrong on this myself. after thinking it over, i thought it might have been a torn labrum(sp). don't listen to me, i am really confuse now.

:D:

It was his elbow, and that's Tommy John surgery.

LongDistanceFan
08-12-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum


It was his elbow, and that's Tommy John surgery.

i stand corrected.