PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 09:09 PM
The Sox are facing one of the rookie Cy Young pitchers from earlier in the year, Joaquin Benoit. They did get there revenge againt Adam Bernaro, let's hope they can do the same with Benoit.

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
The Sox are facing one of the rookie Cy Young pitchers from earlier in the year, Joaquin Benoit. They did get there revenge againt Adam Bernaro, let's hope they can do the same with Benoit.

This makes me mad, everyone has someone young pitch against us and we just get shut down. Why aren't the sox bringing up guys like Edwin Almonte and Cory Lee. Even Kris Honel should get his chance, Prior did and so did Beckett and they are successful. Why are we so different? FIRE WILLIAMS! NOW!!!!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-11-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12

This makes me mad, everyone has someone young pitch against us and we just get shut down. Why aren't the sox bringing up guys like Edwin Almonte and Cory Lee. Even Kris Honel should get his chance, Prior did and so did Beckett and they are successful. Why are we so different? FIRE WILLIAMS! NOW!!!!

The reason it won't work for us is because our guys won't get the advantage of facing our anemic hitters.

:gulp:

BTW, welcome to the board!

Daver
08-11-2002, 09:25 PM

The fact that they are going to set a strike date tomorrow has a lot to do with why no one not on the forty man roster will get called up..........

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 09:31 PM
I heard that the strike wasn't going to happen.

Daver
08-11-2002, 09:39 PM
I heard that the strike wasn't going to happen.

I personally would not bet money on that,Bud Selig is taking a hardline stance on some issues the MLBPA has a serious problem with,and the players will not balk at striking,they have won every labor battle for the last thirty years.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by daver
the players will not balk at striking,they have won every labor battle for the last thirty years.

Why exactly is that?

Have the owners been stupid forever? Or did the union just have better legal players in place?

Daver
08-11-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Why exactly is that?

Have the owners been stupid forever? Or did the union just have better legal players in place?

It is kind of a long complicated story,the owners really got nailed when they lost the reserve clause,and screwed themselves when FA was introduced in 1976.The owners have been hindered by their own stupid actions for thirty years,while the MLBPA has always had the finest it can get as cheif of the union.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by daver
It is kind of a long complicated story,the owners really got nailed when they lost the reserve clause,and screwed themselves when FA was introduced in 1976.The owners have been hindered by their own stupid actions for thirty years,while the MLBPA has always had the finest it can get as cheif of the union.

So it's more of their stupid actions then anything else. Why am I surprised?