PDA

View Full Version : Lief to get more PT

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 07:45 PM
So he says (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020811&content_id=102088&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp) I think it will take a few 0-fer performences to get Lief right back on the bench.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-11-2002, 08:07 PM
"So it became very tough to get him those at-bats. But on this trip (to Texas and Oakland) we're going to try to get him in as much as possible to see if we can get him going."

Not to pour cold water on Liefer's hopes (I think he deserves to play more, especially now that the season is ruined), but if he honestly believes anything coming out of the Tinkerer's mouth is good for more than 3-5 days, he is sadly mistakened. :(:

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 08:10 PM
The second we face a lefty he's on the bench, and there for good.

duke of dorwood
08-11-2002, 08:32 PM
He was different in BP today-lots of hitting to left and center, what he hit to right was not hit hard at all. He usually crushes HR to right and center when I'm there early

Tragg
08-11-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
So he says (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news.jsp?ymd=20020811&content_id=102088&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp) I think it will take a few 0-fer performences to get Lief right back on the bench.

Fine by me - give him a chance to see what he can do, without the threat of benching him. Nothing to lose.
But I agree with George - that will last about as long as a clayton benching.

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 09:59 PM
I like it.

I was going to post something today saying he should take over for Thomas. Frank isn't going to magically turn it around. I'd like to see Liefer get some extened playing time and maybe if he does well, they can trade him in the off-season.

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I like it.

I was going to post something today saying he should take over for Thomas. Frank isn't going to magically turn it around. I'd like to see Liefer get some extened playing time and maybe if he does well, they can trade him in the off-season.

Liefer or Thomas?

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Liefer or Thomas?

Liefer.

It's really tough to trade Thomas.

Tavarin
08-11-2002, 10:10 PM
hah, look what it says under his picture

Jeff Liefer is hitting .268 with three homers and 11 RBIs in 114 at-bats this season.

.268? try .219 I guess they got Graffy and Liefer mixed up. Can the MLB do anything right these days?

WhiteSox = Life
08-11-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Tavarin
Can the MLB do anything right these days?

Besides prolonging the inevitable or getting rid of the Cubs... nope.

CubKilla
08-12-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Tragg

Fine by me - give him a chance to see what he can do, without the threat of benching him. Nothing to lose.
But I agree with George - that will last about as long as a clayton benching.

You beat me to it with the "Clayton benching" comment Tragg. LOL. But what are the plans for Liefer? DH, or platooning if LF and RF?

RKMeibalane
08-12-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla

You beat me to it with the "Clayton benching" comment Tragg. LOL. But what are the plans for Liefer? DH, or platooning if LF and RF?

I'm sure Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel will try several things to keep him in the lineup. He may even move Liefer back to first base if he wants to give Konerko a day off.

doublem23
08-12-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I'm sure Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel will try several things to keep him in the lineup. He may even move Liefer back to first base if he wants to give Konerko a day off.

Don't forget third base, either.

Iguana775
08-12-2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Don't forget third base, either.

please, God, no!!!!!!!!

LauraJ14
08-12-2002, 11:12 PM
Manuel said that he may use Liefer to give Konerko or Mags a day off this week; they only play 5 games this week and both are hitting so I don't think they need a day off.
I have seen enough of Liefer this year!

Daver
08-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by LauraJ14
Manuel said that he may use Liefer to give Konerko or Mags a day off this week; they only play 5 games this week and both are hitting so I don't think they need a day off.
I have seen enough of Liefer this year!

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

RedPinStripes
08-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Not to pour cold water on Liefer's hopes (I think he deserves to play more, especially now that the season is ruined), but if he honestly believes anything coming out of the Tinkerer's mouth is good for more than 3-5 days, he is sadly mistakened. :(:

3-5 days? you give him that much credit? I don't believe a damn word any of those idiots say that run the Sox.

delben91
08-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by daver

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

I second that :gulp:

LauraJ14
08-14-2002, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Well Jerry is at it again, I turn the game on when I get home from work and there's Liefer at 1st, where's Konerko?????
Has Liefer had a hit since Sunday????
Enough!