PDA

View Full Version : Adkins

Chisox_cali
08-11-2002, 04:52 PM
Jon Adkins pitched his second quality start in a row, Heres the line:

7IP 4H 0R 0ER 1BB 7K

Two Jon's Two straight Shutout's for the Knights. Man maybe KW knew something we didn't, So far....

EDIT: His record with the Knights is 2-1 with a 2.35 ERA, So Far...

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I love it.

Like I said last night, all those people who keep complaining about the trade can be quiet now.

SoxxoS
08-11-2002, 05:07 PM
He still should of got more for Ray Durham. That is 2 good starts in a row at AAA, not in the majors. Until Adkins gets to the big show, KW got hosed on that deal...

kermittheefrog
08-11-2002, 05:09 PM
Don't get too excited. Even Kenny himself said that Adkins' upside is at the back of the rotation or in the pen.

LongDistanceFan
08-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I love it.

Like I said last night, all those people who keep complaining about the trade can be quiet now.

oh come on now, are you telling me that you know more than the so-called experts that does this for a living. every sports mag has said that kw and the sox got reamed in the deal.

:D:

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
He still should of got more for Ray Durham. That is 2 good starts in a row at AAA, not in the majors. Until Adkins gets to the big show, KW got hosed on that deal...

Oh yeah, I forgot.

A guy who isn't playing everyday, and when he does play is at DH is worth a ton.

kermittheefrog
08-11-2002, 05:56 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot.

A guy who isn't playing everyday, and when he does play is at DH is worth a ton.

Okay Durham was our starting 2B and had the best OBP on the team. He becomes less valuable because the A's have decided to use him poorly? Makes no sense...

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Okay Durham was our starting 2B and had the best OBP on the team. He becomes less valuable because the A's have decided to use him poorly? Makes no sense...

What I'm saying is this:

ESPN made the case that since the Phillies got 3 good players for Scott Rolen, that the Sox should've as well.

In my tiny warped world Ray Durham is not in the same league as Scott Rolen.

SoxxoS
08-11-2002, 07:26 PM

What I'm saying is this:

ESPN made the case that since the Phillies got 3 good players for Scott Rolen, that the Sox should've as well.

In my tiny warped world Ray Durham is not in the same league as Scott Rolen.

OK, how about 1 good player?

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Rauch pitched well also. He threw 7 shutout innings and K'd 11.

Daver
08-11-2002, 07:49 PM
Hey,welcome aboard! :redneck

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by daver
Hey,welcome aboard! :redneck

Thanks I am a die hard sox fan. I have been looking for a really biased sox site and now I have found sanctuary!

LongDistanceFan
08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by WillieHarris12
Rauch pitched well also. He threw 7 shutout innings and K'd 11.

welcome

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 08:27 PM
White Sox fans are so welcoming.

White Sox Fans > Any other baseball fan

Randar68
08-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Since the trade, I've said this could turn out to be a pretty decent deal if Adkins could learn a good changeup.

Ray durham was a 20+ error guy at 2B. Rolen is a gold glove 3B. You will never convince me that Durham was in the same class as Rolen is. Durham will think himself to be a power hitter until the day he dies.

delben91
08-12-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
Since the trade, I've said this could turn out to be a pretty decent deal if Adkins could learn a good changeup.

I know the Sox minor league pitching instructors have a reputation of greatness in developing youngsters, but are you saying he's already learned said change up? I'd think in just a few weeks it would definitely still be a work in progress.

Not that I don't want Adkins to develop into something, just that the time table seems a bit quick.

Randar68
08-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by delben91

I know the Sox minor league pitching instructors have a reputation of greatness in developing youngsters, but are you saying he's already learned said change up? I'd think in just a few weeks it would definitely still be a work in progress.

No, I would guess not much has changed since his arrival. I am generally speaking in terms of long term changes. However, the first time a lot of young players are moved, it acts as a wakeup call. I have not particular info on Jon at this point, but perhaps he had tuned out his instructors in Oakland and the trade has forced him to refocus, a slap-in-the-face kind of thing.