PDA

View Full Version : TV Changes

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 02:55 PM
The White Sox announced television broadcast changes for their games at Detroit on Aug. 30-31. The game on Aug. 30 is being moved from Fox Sports Net to WGN, while the contest the following night is switching from WGN to Fox Sports Net

RKMeibalane
08-11-2002, 03:17 PM
Speaking of Sox TV, is it just me, or has WGN been showing fewer and fewer Sox games over the past few years? Back in the mid-nineties, I can remember WGN showing several games each season. There were at least two Sox games televised each week, and the Cubs were on almost every day. What has changed?

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
What has changed?

The WB happened. Shows like Dawson's Creek and such. The Trib knows shows geared towards teen's bring in higher raitings and more advertising dollars then baseball.

ChiWhiteSox1337
08-11-2002, 03:55 PM
thanks for the tip, I kinda like having most games on FSN because of the pre game shows, but I miss being able to take my small tv outside and watch the sox games on wgn :whiner:

Jerry_Manuel
08-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
thanks for the tip, I kinda like having most games on FSN because of the pre game shows, but I miss being able to take my small tv outside and watch the sox games on wgn :whiner:

That pre-game show is joke. Bill Melton doesn't want to be there it's very clear to me at least. From Eric Goodman yelling and screaming at you, to the Wayne's World prono couches they have on the side of the set. It's a joke.

The only good thing about their pre game shows is that sometimes we get treated to Gail Fischer. Other than that don't waste your time.

TornLabrum
08-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

The only good thing about their pre game shows is that sometimes we get treated to Gail Fischer. Other than that don't waste your time.

Gawd! That's like saying the one treat is a root canal!

Brian26
08-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Eric Goodman is the biggest stroke on local tv right now. He comes off as fake as anyone I've ever seen. I still think it was a joke when he was in the Sox lockerroom celebration in 2000 when he had only been in town for a couple of months.

And the black guy sucks just as bad as Goodman. What's his name? He's obviously practicing for a job at ESPN, and it's sick. Cut the cute nicknames and phrases and jokes. He's not funny or cutting edge. Read me the scores while the highlights run on the video, and quit trying to be witty like the guys on ESPN. Does every black guy have to have some kinda of cute rap going while the highlights air? Just because Stuart Scott makes a living doing it, don't want to hear everyone else doing it.

Melton's a good guy, but obviously he's just fed up with an awful, underachieving team.

Gail Fisher is a little big-boned for my tastes, but she's easily the most genuine and knowledgeable one of the cast.

WillieHarris12
08-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the info! :)

WhiteSox = Life
08-12-2002, 12:20 AM
I can't stand Eric Goodman just because you can tell he's a Cubs fan. He rarely does White Sox post-games anymore and when he does, he doesn't have anywhere near the enthusiasm as he does while doing the Cubs post.

Damon Andrews (also known as the Black Guy :D: ) is okay, but, yeah, shut up with all these stupid monikers and phrases he comes up with. Not one of them has made any sense, and they won't anytime soon, either.

Gail Fischer/Megan Mawicke (she still around?) are, IMO, the FSN's White Sox/Cubs version of "eye candy", unfortunately, as I know Gail Fischer has shown that she knows what she's talking about.

Bill Melton is knowledgeable in some aspects, but he constantly stumbles around what he's trying to say so it winds up not seeming very insightful (the same with DJ).

And speaking of "not very insightful" at least we're not subjected to the ramblings on of Bielecki and the rest of the Cubs Crew. :smile:

- Raymond Wrightwood

Chisox_cali
08-12-2002, 12:36 AM
None of this changes the fact that I don't get to see a Sox game until this Friday!! :angry: :whiner: Damn you MLB Extra Innings!

sox_fan_forever
08-12-2002, 08:45 AM
I can't stand Eric Goodman, Damon Andrews, or Megan Mawicke.

Gail Fischer is okay.

I like Bill Melton a lot but he's definitely better on the radio.

TornLabrum
08-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever

Gail Fischer is okay.

Ga-il Fisch-er re-minds me of Mar-tha Stew-art in train-ing. She pro-noun-ces each syl-la-ble, each let-ter in fact, so pre-cise-ly she-does-n't sound hu-man. I know I didn't put in the el-lip-ses be-tween words as I should have, but I wan-ted to fin-ish this post to-day.