PDA

View Full Version : Cubs trying to sell some ****ty chairs to their dumb fans at astronomical prices

doublem23
05-30-2014, 04:46 PM
I keep expecting it to be April 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cubs-auctioning-chairs-sat-in-by-masahiro-tanaka-and-derek-jeter-184635242.html

WSox597
05-31-2014, 07:47 AM
Sort of related. A few years back I was teasing a Cub fan coworker about the falling concrete chunks at Wrigley.

I made a joke about selling hard hats with the Cubs logo on it, with a large sponge attached to it.

"I'd buy one!!", he said, to nobody's surprise.

PT Barnum would be saying I told you so. LOL

DrCrawdad
05-31-2014, 09:31 AM
I keep expecting it to be April 1

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/cubs-auctioning-chairs-sat-in-by-masahiro-tanaka-and-derek-jeter-184635242.html

I thought this was going to be an auction of old seats from the stands at Wrigley. Instead it's lousy folding chairs? This reads like a DeadSpin or Onion article.

soxfanreggie
05-31-2014, 03:53 PM
Next up is probably carpet that they walked on.

StillMissOzzie
06-01-2014, 01:43 AM
Takes a lot of nerve to call a chair that Derek Jeter parked his ass in while in the clubhouse, "game used". One born every minute is right.

SMO
:rolleyes::dunce::screwloose::fail::kukoo::nuts:

soxfanreggie
06-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Takes a lot of nerve to call a chair that Derek Jeter parked his ass in while in the clubhouse, "game used". One born every minute is right.

SMO
:rolleyes::dunce::screwloose::fail::kukoo::nuts:

Perhaps to fund some of their improvements they'll start selling dirt and Ivy clippings. I bet there would be a ton of people lining up.

TDog
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Sort of related. A few years back I was teasing a Cub fan coworker about the falling concrete chunks at Wrigley.

I made a joke about selling hard hats with the Cubs logo on it, with a large sponge attached to it.

"I'd buy one!!", he said, to nobody's surprise.

PT Barnum would be saying I told you so. LOL

Since I first read about the falling concrete, I have expected to read about the Cubs selling it to fans at "collectible" prices. I was wondering if I missed the story or the Cubs missed the opportunity.

doublem23
06-01-2014, 11:04 PM
Since I first read about the falling concrete, I have expected to read about the Cubs selling it to fans at "collectible" prices. I was wondering if I missed the story or the Cubs missed the opportunity.

The Tribune Co. seemed to be content to let Wrigley and the surrounding neighborhood turn into Chicago's biggest party scene but they were pretty resistant to some of the tackier business opportunities the Ricketts have been rolling out lately. I have no doubt if more concrete falls Tommy and Co. will be auctioning it off the next day.

gobears1987
06-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Just wait until they try to sell Bartman's seat.

CoopaLoop
06-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I sold a ticket stub of the Wrigley 100th anniversary ticket for 52 dollars on ebay. A used ticket stub.

People are stupid.

soxfanreggie
06-03-2014, 09:26 PM
I sold a ticket stub of the Wrigley 100th anniversary ticket for 52 dollars on ebay. A used ticket stub.

People are stupid.

I'd be all for selling something like that to pay for a couple Sox tickets!

DumpJerry
06-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Heard on the radio today that Tanaka's chair went for $300 something as did Jeter's chair.

Woo hoo.

soxfanreggie
06-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Heard on the radio today that Tanaka's chair went for $300 something as did Jeter's chair.

Woo hoo.

Watch them announce that they have more chairs used by those two - one from each pre and post game.

doublem23
06-03-2014, 11:48 PM

People are stupid.

Didn't the Sox sell tickets to Buehrle's perfect game after it had occurred?

CoopaLoop
06-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Didn't the Sox sell tickets to Buehrle's perfect game after it had occurred?

I seem to remember that, lucky for me I already had one:cool: