PDA

View Full Version : Crede errors

BuehrleACE56
08-10-2002, 09:57 PM
i thought joe was supposed to be a defensive upgrade from say Jose or Graffy. He has three errors all ready including a costly one on Saturday. Not very promising.

ScottyTheSoxFan
08-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
i thought joe was supposed to be a defensive upgrade from say Jose or Graffy. He has three errors all ready including a costly one on Saturday. Not very promising.

the anouncers were talking about that bases loaded grounder having "triple play potential", well your not gonna get ichiro on second, but i think Crede had plenty of time to step on third and THEN throw home, as he beat the runner home by a mile. so he could have had atleast 2 outs, instead of just one, which could have saved us atleast a run.

:gulp:

CubKilla
08-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56

Not making any excuses, but Friday's error was a bad hop that rode up on Crede's glove arm from the cut of the grass.

doublem23
08-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Have you actually been watching him play? Or are you just reading numbers? He's much better defensively than Jose or Graffanino at third, and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.

Do we have to go into the "errors are a ridiculous stat by which to judge a player's defensive ability" conversation again?

RedPinStripes
08-11-2002, 02:03 AM
He's making a lot lot plays that graffy or jose won't make also.

NUKE_CLEVELAND
08-11-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
He's making a lot lot plays that graffy or jose won't make also.

Exactly! Royce Clayton doesn't make many errors, but he doesn't make an effort to get to the ball very much either. You can't judge a players worth by fielding percentage alone.

RedPinStripes
08-11-2002, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Exactly! Royce Clayton doesn't make many errors, but he doesn't make an effort to get to the ball very much either. You can't judge a players worth by fielding percentage alone.

Crede covers a lot of ground and makes any of our SS's look better.

kermittheefrog
08-11-2002, 04:10 AM
Hey I've got an idea! Let's keep posting negative comments about Crede no matter what he does! His offense really sucks! Oh he went 4/11 with 2 doubles in his last three games? No problem there we can rip his defense! He's ugly too! Why the hell do I have to watch him out there? Get the man some plastic surgery! I miss Chris Snopek!

WhiteSox = Life
08-11-2002, 05:16 AM
When Ichiro hit that high-spin, slicing ball to Crede, I knew he had no chance, no matter how good he is. With the way that ball was cued, Joe could've had glue on his glove and still not hung on to it.

Crede did nothing wrong, but, it was a costly error that really shifted the momentum of the game. Unfortunately, Garland couldn't pitch out of the jam and gave up the tying run so that magnified the error even more.

Nonetheless, I'm still impressed by Joe's range and he is definitely a defensive upgrade at third base over anybody the White Sox can throw out there right now.

Crede's just got to forget about that play and move on to today's game and play his best... Unless "the Tinkerer" decides to bench him.

Oh, well. As an intelligent man once said, "[Stuff] happens." :D: