PDA

View Full Version : Sosa to leave Cubs?

Jerry_Manuel
08-10-2002, 04:05 PM
Sosa frustrated with losing ways (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0810/1416497.html)

Sammy Sosa says he desperately wants to play for a winner. Even if it means finishing his career with another team.

Sosa told the Chicago Sun-Times on Friday that he's giving the Cubs one more year to make significant progress. If Sosa isn't satisfied, he can exercise his right to become a free agent after the 2003 season.

"I have been here almost all my life and have always said I'd like to finish my career here,'' Sosa told the newspaper. "But if this doesn't get fixed next year, after the year, I can be a free agent. I will take my option into serious consideration and see what else is out there.

"I don't want to just continue every year, come here and play hard, have the great numbers that I have been having and not make it to the playoffs. C'mon, it's over and over again. Really, something has to be done.''

Chisox_cali
08-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Sosa frustrated with losing ways (http://msn.espn.go.com/mlb/news/2002/0810/1416497.html)

"I don't want to just continue every year, come here and play hard, have the great numbers that I have been having and not make it to the playoffs. C'mon, it's over and over again. Really, something has to be done.''

Wait what's that?......... Is that the sound of ShaME's head swelling?!

Jesus Christ that man has an ego.

doublem23
08-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

This is the same guy who got himseld a HUGE gold "30-30" necklace way back in the mid-90s.

MarqSox
08-10-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Wait what's that?......... Is that the sound of ShaME's head swelling?!

No argument about the ego, but c'mon, let's give credit where it's due ... it appears he actually might care about winning! I'm not convinced yet, but he finally is talking like it.

cheeses_h_rice
08-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Maybe if Moises Alou, the man Sham-ME personally rallied behind to get signed to the Flubs, had produced a little better, they'd be going somewhere this year.

But anyway, who cares. I'm sure, somewhere, Mark Grace is laughing his ass off now.

By the way, I left today's game early, and it's amazing how we went from looking great to sh*tty so quickly. Poor execution in the field by Crede, Clayton and Paul (you can see Konerko's disgust at those throws to first), and Frank's weak fly out with the sacks packed in the 5th didn't help, either.

Jerry_Manuel
08-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
But anyway, who cares. I'm sure, somewhere, Mark Grace is laughing his ass off now.

If Sosa left, the Tribune writers would bash him and I'd laugh my ass off. All the years they stuck up for him and they'll turn on him in a second.

I loved that quote from Grace after Arizona won the series. "I wasn't good enough to play first base for the Chicago Cubs, but I'm good enough to play it for the World Champions."

RKMeibalane
08-10-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

If Sosa left, the Tribune writers would bash him and I'd laugh my ass off. All the years they stuck up for him and they'll turn on him in a second.

I would more interested to see how Cubs fans reacted. Most of them would probably find another team to root for, and the remaining fans would spend their days crying into their Cubbie Kool-Aid.

CubKilla
08-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

I would more interested to see how Cubs fans reacted. Most of them would probably find another team to root for, and the remaining fans would spend their days crying into their Cubbie Kool-Aid.

I think you give Cub fans too much credit RKM. I thought the quotes about, "having the great numbers I have been having," pretty much proves what we've said here about ShamME all along. Baseball is not about the team for ShamME. It's all about him. Real Cub fans would tell ShamME to, "Take your roids and don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. " But, we know that will NEVER happen with ShamME. According to sCrUB fans, ShamME saved baseball.

Think Mark Grace owning a WS Ring is bothering ShamME just a bit? Wrigley Field will be closed this October too Mr. Grace. LMAO!

DVG
08-11-2002, 12:56 AM
:moron

SAMMY!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!! How, How can you????? How can you
leave God's team and the Garden of Eden??? Didn't I treat you
well? Didn't I revere you as the greatest human being ever to
walk? How could you? You saved baseball!!!! Your flag-waving
act saved America from the terrorists!!!! And now, you will be
crucified and rise in three days!!!! Please, don't go!!!! SOB!!!!

Wait a minute!!!! I just remebered! You won't say if you're on
steroids!! You won't even tell me, your good friend, partner
and spreader of your gospel!! You also told fans that you need
more night games in Wrigley!! Traitor!! I take back all those
worshipful things I said about you since 1998!!! You are Judas
Iscariot, Brutus, Benedict Arnold!!!! Get out of town and don't
come back, you Tribune toadie!!! I cast you out!!!!