PDA

View Full Version : "Abreu's April" special on Comcast SportsNet right now

ChiSoxGal85
05-01-2014, 08:19 PM
CSN is showing a special showing every half-inning in which Abreu homered this month, with a little commentary, called "Abreu's April".

DSpivack
05-01-2014, 11:29 PM
That was fun.

ChiSoxGal85
05-02-2014, 09:55 AM
I got interrupted by a lengthy phone call during the show, but I recorded it and will watch it later. Perhaps I will save it for after a particularly painful Sox loss. :D:

SBSoxFan
05-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Abreu sure is fun to watch, even on replay! However, when I first heard about it, I wondered how it could possibly be 2-1/2 hours long. I didn't get to see much of it, but it seemed there was a lot of filler --- not just Abreu's at bats, but most of the half inning prior to and after his at bats as well. I thought that was too much.

Also, Garfien said the Sox were 9-1 in games that Abreu homered. Didn't Abreu have 2 multi-HR games? So, his 10 home runs came in 8 games. So, the Sox couldn't have been 9-1 in those 8 games.

voodoochile
05-02-2014, 10:31 AM
I got interrupted by a lengthy phone call during the show, but I recorded it and will watch it later. Perhaps I will save it for after a particularly painful Sox loss. :D:

A what?!?!?! You mean they aren't going to go 147-15?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO! :whiner:

ChiSoxGal85
05-02-2014, 11:23 AM
A what?!?!?! You mean they aren't going to go 147-15?!?!?! NOOOOOOOOOO! :whiner:
No, they'll be 146-16...I'm just saving it for that only other loss of the season...you know, that ONE particularly painful loss. :D:

Foulke You
05-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Abreu sure is fun to watch, even on replay! However, when I first heard about it, I wondered how it could possibly be 2-1/2 hours long. I didn't get to see much of it, but it seemed there was a lot of filler --- not just Abreu's at bats, but most of the half inning prior to and after his at bats as well. I thought that was too much.
Yeah, I felt the show was probably overkill too as far as length. Probably could have been edited into a one hour show. However, CSN was no doubt looking to fill a prime time programming slot with the Bulls eliminated, the Sox and Cubs both off, and the Hawks currently in between playoff rounds. It probably got better ratings then their usual fare of poker or fishing shows when Chicago's teams are off.

voodoochile
05-02-2014, 11:36 AM
No, they'll be 146-16...I'm just saving it for that only other loss of the season...you know, that ONE particularly painful loss. :D:

Oh thank goodness... I suppose I can live with one more loss, but like you it's going to be very... very... painful.

Chez
05-02-2014, 11:45 AM
I look forward to watching the broadcasts of Abreau's May, Abreau's June etc.

hawkjt
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
I know there was some fluff, but I settled in for that 9th inning vs the Rays and Balfour....that was one great inning, with a little bit of everything...nothing like seeing PK get truly pissed at Balfor...don't mess with the captain.
Then the hustle play by Eaton.
Then the unsuccessful replay challenge by madden.

The great at bat by Marcus...

and the game winning homer by Jose...

very cool inning.

cub killer
05-02-2014, 03:31 PM
I thought love was only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else but not for me

It's a tough division
That's the way it seems
Disappointment haunted all our dreams...

Then I saw his swing!
Now I'm Abreuliever!

Not a peep, of doubt in my mind!

I'm Abreuliever, with baseball fever, I can't lie!

SaltyPretzel
05-02-2014, 04:14 PM
My parents live in the same building as Jose in the River East area. My dad met him in the elevator a few weeks ago they tried to have a conversation even though my dad doesn't know Spanish and Jose doesn't know English.

He said Jose was super-nice, all smiles, and he gave my dad a fist-bump when he left the elevator. :smile:

voodoochile
05-02-2014, 06:03 PM
i thought love was only true in fairy tales
meant for someone else but not for me

it's a tough division
that's the way it seems
disappointment haunted all our dreams...

Then i saw his swing!
Now i'm abreuliever!

I'm abreuliever, with baseball fever, i can't lie!

nice!

TomBradley72
05-02-2014, 07:23 PM

It's a tough division
That's the way it seems

Then I saw his swing!
Now I'm Abreuliever!

:gulp:

ChiSoxGal85
05-02-2014, 09:28 PM

It's a tough division
That's the way it seems

Then I saw his swing!
Now I'm Abreuliever!

Haha! :clap: