PDA

View Full Version : Ken Vining and Brooks Kieschnick


dasox24
08-09-2002, 10:55 PM
I was just wondering how old these guys are since they are both having pretty good years. I was was thinking that Kieschnick was 27 or 28 and Vining was 22 or 23, but I'm not sure.

WinningUgly!
08-09-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by dasox24
I was just wondering how old these guys are since they are both having pretty good years. I was was thinking that Kieschnick was 27 or 28 and Vining was 22 or 23, but I'm not sure.

KV is 27(28 in Dec.) BK is 30.

dasox24
08-10-2002, 02:16 AM
Jeez, I knew Kieschnick was older, but I didn't realize Vining was that old.

CHISOX10
08-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Say goodbye to Ken Vining...he's a free agent at the end of the year. There goes another Chad Bradford...another Derek Hasslefhoff...another Josh Fogg.....KEN WILLIAMS IS THE MOST....well, I think we all know.

MarkEdward
08-12-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by CHISOX10
Say goodbye to Ken Vining...he's a free agent at the end of the year. There goes another Chad Bradford...another Derek Hasslefhoff...another Josh Fogg.....KEN WILLIAMS IS THE MOST....well, I think we all know.

Has Derek Hasslehoff done anything to regret trading him?

doublem23
08-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by MarkEdward


Has Derek Hasslehoff done anything to regret trading him?

No, we just like ripping on KW.

And I contend that we should at least see how Olivo performs at the MLB level before we all go calling that deal a loss, too. A good defensive catcher with, at least what looks to be an average bat is hard to find.

:MJ :versatile
He's not jokin', folks!

delben91
08-13-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by doublem23


No, we just like ripping on KW.

And I contend that we should at least see how Olivo performs at the MLB level before we all go calling that deal a loss, too. A good defensive catcher with, at least what looks to be an average bat is hard to find.


Last I checked, as of a few days ago, Olivo was hitting around .305 in Birmingham. Sounds like he just might have that average bat. We already know he's got the arm.