PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 4-26 so we lost on a cold night postgamer

DumpJerry
04-26-2014, 10:29 PM
Can't win 'em all.

ChiSoxGal85
04-26-2014, 10:45 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz...Huh? wah? Oh crap, I slept through most of this one. It was a long day, and the game was pretty boring.

Let's get them tomorrow.

ChicagoG19
04-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I was at the game and it was freezing and they didn't even make it exciting. Oh well, plenty of season left.

DSpivack
04-26-2014, 11:33 PM
I was at the game and it was freezing and they didn't even make it exciting. Oh well, plenty of season left.

I almost never leave games early and left after the 7th. It was freezing.

shes
04-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Man, Danks has looked absolutely terrible this season. He's walking tons of guys and not striking anyone out. The ERA is pure deception and is going to continue to balloon. I'm beginning to fear that he'll never be more than a very expensive fifth starter for the next two and a half years. He's lost velocity (88 mph on his FB this year compared to a career average of 90.7 -- 91.6 in his last fully healthy year) and he's not been able to make up for it in other areas.

This is starting to look like the worst pitching staff we've had on the Southside since at least the Jaime Navarro era.

doublem23
04-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Kind of a bummer, a few times they had opportunities and couldn't get it done. Eaton grounded back to the pitcher with a runner on 3rd two consecutive at bats.

Flip side, Tampa probably hit 3-4 balls that on a normal, warm night would have left the yard.

Stinks, guess I got to wait until May to see my first win of the year.

TDog
04-27-2014, 02:36 AM
Kind of a bummer, a few times they had opportunities and couldn't get it done. Eaton grounded back to the pitcher with a runner on 3rd two consecutive at bats.

Flip side, Tampa probably hit 3-4 balls that on a normal, warm night would have left the yard.

Friday night Eaten hit it back to the pitcher in a first-third-one-out situation when the Sox could have taken the lead. Later with the bases loaded in the ninth, he beat out the double play ball. It's a bit frustrating to watch as a fan.

There were some positives tonight. The bullpen did its job, including the new guy who the White Sox abused less than a week ago. Konerko got to hits. Beckham got two hits. Sadly, though, Beckham's spot in the order only came up three times and the White Sox only got five hits as a team.

Danks essentially was one pitch from a quality start, but even if the triple had gone for an out, it wouldn't have been a good start. The frustrating thing about White Sox pitching, and it isn't just the bullpen, is that the pitchers aren't throwing enough strikes. It isn't just the walks, it's the long counts. I can't imagine that any other team is throwing as many balls as the White Sox. I can't imagine that any other team is throwing more pitchers per out than the White Sox.

It isn't the number of pitches you throw that helps your team, but the innings you pitch. The harder you have to work to get outs, the fewer outs you'll be able to get. It's frustrating to watch the games and see pitch after pitch out of the strike zone. It's frustrating to see so many balls show up when I'm following games on Gameday.

Maybe pitchers are are overly cautious because the White Sox were so bad defensively last year. But long counts are more likely to put the defense on its collective heels and make strong defense less likely. Or maybe Sox pitchers aren't getting a grip on the ball in this cool weather, but the diffeence between Sxo pitching and oppoinent pitching is usually severe.

Don Cooper must be trying to get these pitchers to throw more strike, but the walks, the walks of hitters who go down 0-2 and 1-2 and the full counts inning after inning are so frustrating to watch.

Moses_Scurry
04-27-2014, 06:51 AM
Me when I find out Abreu didn't hit a HR during a game: :(:

dickallen15
04-27-2014, 08:26 AM

And you had to watch Gordon Beckham get 2 hits and hit the ball hard each AB. Had to be tough for yoy.

Over By There
04-27-2014, 09:25 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed in another thread somewhere, but am I the only one who thinks Danks' delivery these days looks terribly labored and unnatural? Like he has to use his whole body to whip that arm over his head just to generate a high-80s fastball. Worrying.

October26
04-27-2014, 01:21 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzz...Huh? wah? Oh crap, I slept through most of this one. It was a long day, and the game was pretty boring.

Let's get them tomorrow.

:thumbsup:

doublem23
04-27-2014, 04:07 PM
And you had to watch Gordon Beckham get 2 hits and hit the ball hard each AB. Had to be tough for yoy.

Hell no, get the trade value poppin so we can get him on the next plane out of town

doublem23
04-27-2014, 04:38 PM

I'll say this, Steverson seems to be some kind of Hitting Coach Whisperer, maybe turning Gordon Beckham into some kind of MLB quality player will be his greatest trick of all.