PDA

View Full Version : Possible 2015 Roster Configuration- Desperate for Pitching

TomBradley72
04-26-2014, 11:01 AM
Just playing around- without much help on the way from AA/AAA- Hahn needs to find pitching help-

Pitching-Starters
1. Sale
2. Danks
3. Quintana
4. Johnson
5. TBD

Pitching-Bullpen
6. Jones
7. Lindstrom
8. Cleto
9. Webb
10. Closer-TBD
11. LOOGY- TBD
12. LH Reliever

Infield/DH
13. Abreu
14. M. Semian
15. Ramirez
16. M. Davidson
17. L. Garcia (Back up IF & OF)
18. Gillaspie (LH 3B/1B/DH)
19. DH- TBD

Outfield
20. Viciedo
21. Eaton
22. A. Garcia
23. J. Danks (or other prospect from system)

Catcher
24. Flowers
25. Nieto

TomBradley72
05-24-2014, 08:24 AM
Just playing around- to address our overall team defense- wondering if Beckham might still have a role- and if we convert Semian and Micah Johnson to address our gap in the outfield (no near term OF prospects in the system).

Pitching-Starters
1. Sale
2. Danks
3. Quintana
4. Johnson
5. Rienzo

Pitching-Bullpen
6. Jones
7. Petricka
8. Putnam
9. Webb
10. Closer-TBD
11. LOOGY- TBD
12. LH Reliever

Infield/DH
13. Abreu
14. G. Beckham
15. Ramirez
16. M. Davidson
17. L. Garcia (Back up IF & OF)
18. Gillaspie (LH 3B/1B/DH)
19. DH- Viciedo

Outfield
20. Eaton
21. A. Garcia
22. M. Johnson
23. M. Semian

Catcher
24. Flowers
25. Nieto

LITTLE NELL
05-24-2014, 11:28 AM
I hate to say this but we will need a power hitting left handed bat and if Dunn continues with his decent year that he is having should the Sox bring him back at a much reduced salary with some incentives.
The other option is that we hope he puts up huge numbers by the trading deadline and get some prospects for him but the I'm not sure what the mindset of management is, do they think they can contend next year, if that's the case Dunn would probably have to stay, I'm saying that because I don't know what kind of left handed free agent power hitters there will be in the offseason.

TomBradley72
05-24-2014, 11:38 AM
I hate to say this but we will need a power hitting left handed bat and if Dunn continues with his decent year that he is having should the Sox bring him back at a much reduced salary with some incentives.

I would never bring Dunn back- especially with Viciedo clearly needing to move to DH..assuming Davidson is the 3rd baseman (seems to be turining it around at Charlotte), that frees up Gillaspie to get ABs vs. LHPs- as DH or at 3rd.

Nice homer last night by Dunn- but still only hitting .218 for the month of May