PDA

View Full Version : Friday's WINNING Pick to Click!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2002, 10:33 PM
Aren't you glad you stuck around four months to see the Sox play some decent ball?

"Screw that. I've been playing great since Day One!" :burly

Totally Biased Game Recap (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=1658)

They didn't suck at all, did they?

duke of dorwood
08-09-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm glad. The young guys, a battler like Parque returning to form, seems to have really ignited Maggs

danman31
08-09-2002, 10:41 PM
If the Sox score more than five runs, the PTC will likely be one of the position playersLast time I checked 10 runs is more than 5, why Buehrle and not Maggs?

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Last time I checked 10 runs is more than 5, why Buehrle and not Maggs?

He had a shutout into the eighth.

danman31
08-09-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
He had a shutout into the eighth. Well they both have a great case. Just using your own criteria against you. I think you might want to add a blowout win and blowout loss as categories in your criteria page. It's not a must, but if you want to eliminate all doubt that is a good way to help.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Well they both have a great case. Just using your own criteria against you. I think you might want to add a blowout win and blowout loss as categories in your criteria page. It's not a must, but if you want to eliminate all doubt that is a good way to help.

Yes, games Buehrle pitches are always tough calls. He nearly always pitches well, but he gets lots of run support, too. When the Sox win and score more than five runs, the winning PTC favors a hitter. However, that leaves wiggle room for games like this when even a shutout through six innings would have qualified Buehrle, let alone through seven and into the eighth.

Not choosing Konerko or Ordonez with 4 and 3 rbi's was tough. Unlike Dave Wills, I can only pick one guy. :(:

Jerry_Manuel
08-09-2002, 11:50 PM
Not choosing Konerko or Ordonez with 4 and 3 rbi's was tough. Unlike Dave Wills, I can only pick one guy. :(:

See if Fehr can work that into the new CBA, get it up to 2 guys. :D:

Soxheads
08-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Mark Buehrle was brilliant as usual. He was finally chased in the eighth, but the Sox already had a ten run lead. It was his 16th career victory.

Psst....Buehrle has 35 career victories

PaleHoseGeorge
08-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Soxheads

Psst....Buehrle has 35 career victories

Obviously it is a buyer's market for proofreaders. :cool:

I'm lowering my wage offer to $2.50 an hour, no churros (not even day-old ones), and unlimited toilet cleaning duties.

This of course is all predicated on WSI becoming the next IPO darling of Wall Street. :D:

Soxheads
08-10-2002, 12:17 AM

Obviously it is a buyer's market for proofreaders. :cool:

I'm lowering my wage offer to $2.50 an hour, no churros (not even day-old ones), and unlimited toilet cleaning duties.

This of course is all predicated on WSI becoming the next IPO darling of Wall Street. :D:

Well, you have to realize that everyone will be going over your recaps with a fine-toothed comb now. :smile:

I'm surprised the massive amounts of mistakes in the Totally Biased Series Updates haven't been pointed out.

foulkesfan11
08-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Hey I picked Buerhle. Why didn't I get the win???

Daver
08-10-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11
Hey I picked Buerhle. Why didn't I get the win???

CLR01 probably hasn't updated the scoreboard yet,you will get credit for it when he does though.