PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL *** 4/22 Leesman is no Sale SOX LOSE Post-Game Thread

doublem23
04-22-2014, 10:38 PM
Any reason Abreu came out of the game tonight? Just getting some rest in a laugher, I hope?

anewman35
04-22-2014, 11:16 PM
Any reason Abreu came out of the game tonight? Just getting some rest in a laugher, I hope?

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 35m
Abreu is fine. Just a few innings of rest

Tragg
04-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Downs has been tossing softballs since spring training. He's worse than Veal.

Some bad placement/defense tonight.

Leesman is not a ML starter; if they think he has something, get him some pen work in Charlotte. He may be good enough for a LOGGY, perhaps.

DrCrawdad
04-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Downs has been tossing softballs since spring training. He's worse than Veal.

Some bad placement/defense tonight.

Leesman is not a ML starter; if they think he has something, get him some pen work in Charlotte. He may be good enough for a LOGGY, perhaps.

Downs has been very, very bad so far this season. Thing is, I think he's here regardless. They are not going to release Downs. And they are not going to find any takers for him at this point.

Boondock Saint
04-23-2014, 12:10 AM
Downs has been very, very bad so far this season. Thing is, I think he's here regardless. They are not going to release Downs. And they are not going to find any takers for him at this point.

There's no point to it. We're not looking to contend this year, and he isn't holding anybody back. We need warm bodies to throw pitches, he counts as one.

sunofgold
04-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Offense has been great this year : A
Pitching has been awful this year: F

Maybe this is to be expected. Hahn worked hard to improve the lineup and look at the pitchers we have lost recently: Peavy, Santiago, Reed, Thornton, Crain, Floyd. And we are trying to replace them with Downer, PauliNo, Ma Lindstrom, etc.

RCWHITESOX
04-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Offense has been great this year : A
Pitching has been awful this year: F

Maybe this is to be expected. Hahn worked hard to improve the lineup and look at the pitchers we have lost recently: Peavy, Santiago, Reed, Thornton, Crain, Floyd. And we are trying to replace them with Downer, PauliNo, Ma Lindstrom, etc.

Granted the pitching hasn't been great so far but I'm not going to rush to judgement just yet. The starters Sale, Quintana, Danks, and Johnson have done a decent job so far; Sale without question. As for the pen Web, Lindstrom, Cleto, and Petricka have been decent so far and Belisaro has been better of late. If I remember last year people were calling for Thornton's head as well as others; so let's just see how things play out. As for Leesman,Axelrod and Paulino they just need to be released and the Sox move on.

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Scott Downs ends up being the difference in the game.

Terrible.

DrCrawdad
04-23-2014, 05:37 AM

Terrible.

Has Downs had even one good appearance yet?

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Has Downs had even one good appearance yet?

None that I can recall.

anewman35
04-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Terrible.

Well, sort of, but you don't really know - Detroit would have handled their bullpen differently if they had a smaller lead, and then the Sox might not have scored those runs in the 9th...

white sox bill
04-23-2014, 07:21 AM
We have lots of guys who should be in AAA...

SBSoxFan
04-23-2014, 07:56 AM
The last score I saw was 8-2 Detroit. I didn't realize the Sox made it close.

Do we get to talk about how bad a manager Ausmus is for letting his star pitcher throw 119 pitches in a laugher?

Tragg
04-23-2014, 08:56 AM

That's because baseball teams consistently ignore a basic principle of economics: ignore sunk costs.

XplodingScorbord
04-23-2014, 09:10 AM
The last score I saw was 8-2 Detroit. I didn't realize the Sox made it close.

Do we get to talk about how bad a manager Ausmus is for letting his star pitcher throw 119 pitches in a laugher?

Good one! :thumbsup:

sunofgold
04-23-2014, 09:18 AM
RS : 115
RA: 115

We are the best in the AL in RS and RA. crazy.

In mlb, only the rocks have scored more runs than us and the dbacks
have given up more runs.

Time for the Charlotte shuffle.

Crestani
04-23-2014, 09:41 AM
For those of you old enough to remember, WKRP in Cincinnati..!!

Watching Lessman get beat up last night, he looked more like Les Nessman, than he did a ML pitcher..!! :D:

SBSoxFan
04-23-2014, 10:04 AM
For those of you old enough to remember, WKRP in Cincinnati..!!

Watching Lessman get beat up last night, he looked more like Les Nessman, than he did a ML pitcher..!! :D:

Wasn't Mr. Carlson pitching in the softball game against WPIG?

TDog
04-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Wasn't Mr. Carlson pitching in the softball game against WPIG?

Les Nessman played right.

Foulke You
04-23-2014, 11:02 AM
I think Leesman could have a chance in the Donnie Veal LOOGY role. He did a decent job the first time through the order but the second time through, the Tigers destroyed him. He doesn't have enough of an arsenal to be an MLB starting pitcher but I have a feeling you could definitely use this guy to get a key lefty out late in a game. He seems to be a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

WhiffleBall
04-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Les Nessman played right.

Les Nessman at his finest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

Tragg
04-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I think Leesman could have a chance in the Donnie Veal LOOGY role. He did a decent job the first time through the order but the second time through, the Tigers destroyed him. He doesn't have enough of an arsenal to be an MLB starting pitcher but I have a feeling you could definitely use this guy to get a key lefty out late in a game. He seems to be a square peg in a round hole at the moment.

I agree - we need a LOOGY so put him in the pen and give him some work.