PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL *** 4/21 Replay is awesome (SOX 3, DET 1) Post-Game Thread

doublem23
04-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes! Hell yes!

Tlou_2lMLAc

Brian26
04-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Two in a row.

amsteel
04-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Not the kinda game I'd expect to win this year, but I'll take it.

Gotta say I'm impressed with Danks so far this year.

LITTLE NELL
04-21-2014, 10:23 PM
Johnny Danks now 2-0 with 2.84 ERA. I thought John would have a good year, takes a good year to regain strength, still early but I think John is back.

hoosiersoxfan
04-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Back to .500 at 10-10

DumpJerry
04-21-2014, 10:25 PM
I thought the Tigers were the 1927 Yankees reincarnated.

I thought Miggy Cabrera was the biggest stud player since Babe Ruth.

This must be why we actually play the ballgames and not rely on the "experts" to tell us who is good.

:)

soxfanreggie
04-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Great win! Let's do it again tomorrow!

Brian26
04-21-2014, 10:27 PM
I'm re-watching the 7th inning. That Abreu double is amazing in that the two different angles showed two different results.

harwar
04-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Danks looked good .. bullpen held the lead .. no White Sox errors..:clap:

Zakath
04-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Holding the Tigers to only one run in the second when they had bases loaded and no one out was huge. Johnny had three walks in the first two innings but then gave up one hit in each of the next four, stranding three of them and getting the fourth on a line-out double play.

Give it to Bellisario and Lindstrom for decent performances out of the pen, as the Tigers were never able to string hits together to do any damage.

doublem23
04-21-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm re-watching the 7th inning. That Abreu double is amazing in that the two different angles showed two different results.

OK, good, I thought I was crazy when I saw that.

They need a camera going straight down the line.

SoxSpeed22
04-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Replay is nowhere near a finished product, but they will find a way to polish it up. I didn't think the Sox were capable of winning low scoring games like this, but here we are.

Railsplitter
04-21-2014, 10:50 PM
:bandance::bandance:

I love wining on Mondays, especially against divisional foes.

cards press box
04-21-2014, 10:53 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqw1lC0Jh-SKAUNlhyoTOutWnE3LAUVsY3q4_m27XaL97TCO8PDw

Attaboy Tank! That's a White Sox Winner!

TomBradley72
04-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Watched the entire 9th inning waiting for an implosion that never came- would be nice to see Lindstrom reel off a streak to stabilize the 9th.

Viciedo playing with a joy I haven't seen since his first call up-

Paulie looked pretty bad in his pinch hit appearance- Gillaspie proving why his defense will keep him from being an every day player

Danks is showing up like a #2-

TDog
04-21-2014, 11:25 PM

As I understand it, baseball doesn't have it's own replay cameras set up but depends on television coverage replays. While television often reveals bad calls, its priority isn't to set up cameras to determine whether balls are fair or foul or even safe or out, which may be why so many challenged plays prove inconclusive.

As for the game, Danks holding the Tigers to one run after loading the bases was huge. The White Sox probably should have scored four in the seventh and couldn't bring around an earlier leadoff double, but the bullpen didn't break tonight. I was a bit surprised to see Lindstrom come out for the ninth, though.

I was impressed with the Sox rally against Sanchez, who seemed to be cruising. Danks pitched quite a game as well. I don't think the Tigers offense is as strong as it was last year. Cabrera obviously is getting off to a very slow start. I've wondered if that's becasue Fielder has gone to Texas. Some belive the problems are bigger than that. I haven't seen enough of Cabrera this season to make a judgment, and, really, it wouldn't surprise me if he started hitting soon.

JB98
04-21-2014, 11:30 PM
The key to this win was Danks minimizing damage in that second inning. The wheels could have come off early, but getting out of that inning only down a run was a boost.

IlliniOne82
04-22-2014, 11:21 AM

Man that was so bizarre. I guess it's attributed to the fact that the picture blurs a bit when you slow it down that much but the 2 angles really did seem to show 2 completely different things.

When they were reviewing that play at the plate, I was pretty sure that if it hadn't been overturned we were going to get a good old fashioned Hawk tirade where he just goes nuts for 3 minutes and then silent for the next 3 innings. For his sake I'm glad they made the right call.

asindc
04-22-2014, 11:28 AM
This is yet another game that the 2013 Sox would have lost, probably 1-0 after failing multiple times to get a runner home from 3rd with less than two outs. I'm really impressed with Tank's play so far this season. He is playing with confidence and spirit. I wonder if having Abreu and a rejuvenated Alexei in the dugout this year has influenced him. Whatever it is, I certainly hope it continues.

The Immigrant
04-22-2014, 12:06 PM
When they were reviewing that play at the plate, I was pretty sure that if it hadn't been overturned we were going to get a good old fashioned Hawk tirade where he just goes nuts for 3 minutes and then silent for the next 3 innings. For his sake I'm glad they made the right call.

LOL, he was definitely gearing up for one.

SBSoxFan
04-22-2014, 12:16 PM
Man that was so bizarre. I guess it's attributed to the fact that the picture blurs a bit when you slow it down that much but the 2 angles really did seem to show 2 completely different things.

par·al·lax - the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions, e.g., through the viewfinder and the lens of a camera.

The fact that they seem to have gone into the season with the intent of using instant replay while not having sufficient infrastructure in place to facilitate instant replay is a ****ing joke.

Noneck
04-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Its mentioned that different cameras are needed. I assume we here are seeing only the camera angles of the Chicago tv feed, isnt there also the detroit feed which we dont see? The officals in mlb must be looking at both and one could be more definitive than what we see.

amsteel
04-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Is a baseball field too big to apply the Hawkeye technology tennis uses?

Foulke You
04-22-2014, 02:52 PM
I don't think the Tigers offense is as strong as it was last year. Cabrera obviously is getting off to a very slow start. I've wondered if that's becasue Fielder has gone to Texas. Some belive the problems are bigger than that. I haven't seen enough of Cabrera this season to make a judgment, and, really, it wouldn't surprise me if he started hitting soon.
The Tigers still have a very solid lineup but it doesn't have quite the same "fear factor" that it had in years past. The removal of Prince Fielder as well as Jhonny Peralta definitely took a few teeth out of their attack. Cabrera's numbers went through the roof after putting Fielder behind him in the lineup. Also, you have to wonder when father time will catch up to Torii Hunter. We saw how fast Paulie's skills declined when he turned 37. The Tigers still have arguably the best starting pitching staff in baseball though.

slavko
04-22-2014, 03:23 PM
Its mentioned that different cameras are needed. I assume we here are seeing only the camera angles of the Chicago tv feed, isnt there also the detroit feed which we dont see? The officals in mlb must be looking at both and one could be more definitive than what we see.

And once MLB has its own setup, there will be a play that has conflicting results based on the angle, ad infinitum. Replay is a fact, the umps are still wrong too much, and anything that makes calls more accurate has my support.

The men in blue better learn some humility. A lot of them are ornery characters who think they're God's Gift.

hawkjt
04-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Nothing quite like getting back to back to back doubles to open the 7th...now that's entertainment!

Johnny Danks is finding his groove.

But, without Sale, its day to day with this club. Lets just win today.

amsteel
04-22-2014, 06:38 PM
The men in blue better learn some humility. A lot of them are ornery characters who think they're God's Gift.

It'll be interesting at the end of the year to see which umps were more/less likely to conduct an umpire's review. From what I've seen thus far there will be enough cases to pull out some discernible trends.